Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 641 to 660 of 1,328

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

641. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Reading on some of the posts here, people seems to love talking about Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi & some other games that more or less defined Nintendo's game console as the kiddie game console.

I would have like reading posts about Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, etc. & some true hardcore stuff but I find very little of it here making me go to some other sites to read for more.

I think defining Nintendo's console as the kiddie game console isn't correct. Most people think Nintendo's games are kiddie because that is what they played as a kid. Nintendo games still provide fantastic gameplay that a lot of "modern" games miss. Considering games like Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell to be "true hardcore" is a perception that is damaging our industry.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

642. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Reading on some of the posts here, people seems to love talking about Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi & some other games that more or less defined Nintendo's game console as the kiddie game console.

I would have like reading posts about Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, etc. & some true hardcore stuff but I find very little of it here making me go to some other sites to read for more.

I think defining Nintendo's console as the kiddie game console isn't correct. Most people think Nintendo's games are kiddie because that is what they played as a kid. Nintendo games still provide fantastic gameplay that a lot of "modern" games miss. Considering games like Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell to be "true hardcore" is a perception that is damaging our industry.

yeah I get sick of people saying that only games that are dark and have mass amounts of useless violence and language are "hardcore games". Personally, I find games like Zelda 2 or Super Mario Bros : Lost Worlds (as we in the US know it as) much more challenging then COD.

Anyway, back to Pikmin discussion...
I'm hoping they really make good use of the gamepad with this game. I see a lot of potential with Pikmin gameplay that the screen in your hand. Nothing like leading a little army around.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

643. Posted:

Maybe the 4th Captain is a multiplayer exclusive, kinda like Murfy from Rayman Legends.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

Tainy

644. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Maybe the 4th Captain is a multiplayer exclusive, kinda like Murfy from Rayman Legends.

That's what I think it might be. I hope the game offers four player co-op. That would be awsome.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

645. Posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were given a captain selection for co-op/versus. It shouldn't be too hard to add in the captains from the previous games (i.e. Olimar, Louie, and the President).

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Tainy

646. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were given a captain selection for co-op/versus. It shouldn't be too hard to add in the captains from the previous games (e.i. Olimar, Louie, and the President).

I could see some advantages to players being able to pick their own captains in multiplayer. That would be nice.

I have a feeling (and a feeling is absolutely all it is—no evidence at all) that Olimar might be an unlockable playable character, similar to the president in Pikmin 2.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

647. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

I could see some advantages to players being able to pick their own captains in multiplayer. That would be nice.

I have a feeling (and a feeling is absolutely all it is—no evidence at all) that Olimar might be an unlockable playable character, similar to the president in Pikmin 2.

I have thought about this as well; perhaps too, Louie is a secret unlockable character for getting 100% completion (whatever that would mean in a Pikmin game :P). I kind of feel like Nintendo would want to find a way to include the previous captains in the game, at the very least like they did in FE:A.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tainy

648. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Tainy wrote:

I have thought about this as well; perhaps too, Louie is a secret unlockable character for getting 100% completion (whatever that would mean in a Pikmin game :P). I kind of feel like Nintendo would want to find a way to include the previous captains in the game, at the very least like they did in FE:A.

The only problem with our theory is how do you work out the similar colors. For example, Captain B is red just like Olimar. Wouldn't it be a little confusing to play them both at the same time. The same is true of Louie and the President's similarity to Captain A. Now Olimar and Louie/the President were both pure red/blue, but Captain A and B both seem to be slightly paler shades of their color. I just don't know if that would be enough though. Maybe there is no character selection and Captain A and B are just replaced by Olimar and Louie. That would work pretty smoothly.

This is all very speculative and hypothetical though. We won't know if any of this is even slightly a reality until we beat the game for ourselves this summer.

Tainy

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

649. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

You're absolutely right. Nintendo's games shouldn't be classified as kiddy but moreso fun. Not literally fun but appealing to everyone and not always serious.

As for mature games hurting the industry, no. If anything, mature games are benefiting the industry substantially, whether you like the games or not.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

650. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

You're absolutely right. Nintendo's games shouldn't be classified as kiddy but moreso fun. Not literally fun but appealing to everyone and not always serious.

As for mature games hurting the industry, no. If anything, mature games are benefiting the industry substantially, whether you like the games or not.

Mature games do have their place in the industry. I wasn't saying mature titles damage the industry. I was saying that if you think Mature titles are "hardcore" while something like Legend of Zelda, Pikim 3, or Donkey Kong aren't, is hurting our industry.

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

651. Posted:

I agree with DefHalan. Mature games are unmistakably an important part of the industry, but it would be sad if a company decided to pursue making a mature shooter simply because the whimsical but challenging platformer they had in mind wasn't seen as "hardcore" enough by their target audience. We don't want things being labeled as "hardcore" or not because then people will make judgments on the game when they hardly know anything about it. It's like saying "I won't eat ice cream because it's for little kids", when the ice cream is really delicious and you'd totally be missing out on good stuff.

@Tainy Point taken. Makes me wonder if 2v2 is a possibility.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

652. Posted:

So is this still slated for an August release? Wow...Wii U owners I feel sorry for you.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/SRankSaturdays/feed
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX
Xbox Gamertag: DarkGameMasterX

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo:Master Chief Collection
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

CM30

653. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Tainy wrote:

The only problem with our theory is how do you work out the similar colors. For example, Captain B is red just like Olimar. Wouldn't it be a little confusing to play them both at the same time. The same is true of Louie and the President's similarity to Captain A. Now Olimar and Louie/the President were both pure red/blue, but Captain A and B both seem to be slightly paler shades of their color. I just don't know if that would be enough though. Maybe there is no character selection and Captain A and B are just replaced by Olimar and Louie. That would work pretty smoothly.

This is all very speculative and hypothetical though. We won't know if any of this is even slightly a reality until we beat the game for ourselves this summer.

Or perhaps Olimar, Louie and the President get new colour schemes to set them apart. Or you can choose what 'colour' to use to represent your character somehow.

The different shades of the same colour could work too, they do that in Super Smash Bros if multiple people on one team choose the same character and costume.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. If Nintendo does something like this, they'll figure out a good way to implement it.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

654. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

So is this still slated for an August release? Wow...Wii U owners I feel sorry for you.

Ah, but there is this thing that (at least some of) us Wii U owners have come to learn very well: Patience. :)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

655. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Ah, but there is this thing that (at least some of) us Wii U owners have come to learn very well: Patience. :)

Wouldn't bother with him. He thinks the game looks graphically inferior, which is sad and hilarious at the same time.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

656. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Wouldn't bother with him. He thinks the game looks graphically inferior, which is sad and hilarious at the same time.

So my thoughts are invalid because the game doesn`t look as spectacular as it could have? BTW inferior to what exactly?

Edited on by PokeTune

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

657. Posted:

PokeTune wrote:

Is there anything wrong with that date? And what kind of date would be preferable?

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

658. Posted:

mariobro4 wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Is there anything wrong with that date? And what kind of date would be preferable?

Well considering almost nothing noteworthy is coming out between now and August...yeah I got a problem with the date.

Awaiting:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Smash Bros.Wii U & 3DS
Xenoblade Chronicles X

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

659. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

PokeTune wrote:

Graphically inferior? So we're dealing with someone from the distant future here or what?

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Popcorn

660. Posted:

did somebody just say pikmin 3 has graphics that look like crap?

godzilla facepalm

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear