Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 621 to 640 of 1,328

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

621. Posted:

@Tainy Agreed.

The reason why I think online multiplayer is so difficult is not so much because of how taxing the environments are, but how taxing the Pikmin and enemies are. Compare for example Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. In multiplayer, each system is sending back to the others where their Luigi is, where the ghosts are that are being vacuumed, and the positions of the ghosts when someone else enters a room. With only those three things, the online still lags. Now if we switch to Pikmin 3, the systems will need to exchange the position of the captain, whether or not an enemy or obstacle is being interacted with, and probably most taxing, each Pikmin under a captain's control. That's potentially 100 (or more) Pikmin positions being constantly updated to the other system. This could lag and glitch out the game unprecedentedly.

The environments themselves won't hurt online play; they would already be loaded on both systems. The problem would be the transfer of data between systems, and only Nintendo knows how hard that would be, since they have all the code. Local multiplayer wouldn't be much of an issue, because there is no transfer of data; all players are on the same system. And if one were to think "oh well the game has to load each screen", keep in mind that the whole map has to be loaded the entire time anyway, else you couldn't be doing things elsewhere while the Pikmin carry treasure back to the ship.

Thus, local multiplayer should lag only if single player lags; and then, we have much bigger problems! :P

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

622. Posted:

Did you read the word switchable in my previous post. You have 3 main characters on the game according to Miyamoto. You don't play as the 3 main characters at the same time but you can switch between each of the 3 main characters while in the game.

In Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Criterion lowered the number of players in the multiplayer game from 8 to 6 cuz of the enhanced PC quality graphics pushing things to the max. Imagine each of the 6 individual drivers on the game having to control additional multiple elements much like the 3 individual captains on Pikmin 3 controlling multiple Pikmins. It will bagged down the CPU.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

623. Posted:

Yes, well, did you read Tainy's and Erica_Hartmann's posts? XD

Yes, but; my point has been made that the entire map would need to be loaded at one time as a requirement of a Pikmin game. I do not know if Need for Speed: Most Wanted has the entire map loaded all at once, and that might be the issue with that game. Plus, when you add multiple racers into a racing game, you use up all the CPU for loading a playable car (e.g. the controls, the inside for multiple view angles, etc.), and this could take up much more possessing power. All you are pretty much adding to be loaded in local Pikmin 3 is controls for multiple captains. There is no extra loading for the Pikmin; they are already programmed to load all over the map anyway. So unless adding in like, 4 more control inputs from another captain lags out the game, I don't see the game lagging.

Imagine this; what difference is there between a captain waking up a Bulborb with his Pikmin squad and Pikmin waking up a Bulborb while carrying something back to the ship? I'd say about the same processing power will be used in each case, and we pretty much know the later is possible. Therefore, the former should be possible as well.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

624. Posted:

Goodness, I'm feeling like I keep scaring everyone away from this thread! Seems like there's a dry spell after I comment.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

625. Posted:

@MasterWario Don't worry, I have the same problem, and I'm the one who MADE this thread!

But in any case I imagine this, and other Pikmin related threads have been inactive since there really isn't any new information about the game to discuss. But obviously once the release date finally draws near the news will start flooding in. In the meantime you can check out this guy on YouTube called DazzReviews, who has a number of thought-provoking speculative videos. They're really good.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Crazybrain1

626. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Goodness, I'm feeling like I keep scaring everyone away from this thread! Seems like there's a dry spell after I comment.

That happens all the time with me!

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

627. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

I'm the same way in the Game & Wario thread.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Tainy

628. Posted:

I've just realized the import of the fact that the propeller flower is actually visible in the shadow of the onion in the recent winged pikmin video. In the previous games, the body of the onion was so large that the smaller flower on the top could not possibly cast a shadow like that. In comparison to the pikmin, the flower itself doesn't appear to have changed in size meaning the body of the onion has become smaller.

This could be for a number of reasons that could apply to all onions in the game or just the winged pikmin's onion. It could be a strictly asthetic change—the onion just looks different now. It could be that the size of the body of the onion reflects the number of pikmin stored inside. The clip does seem to be just as the player discovers the pikmin, so the onion would be empty and subsiquently smaller. As the player gains more pikmin, the onion would increase in size. This possibility could potentially also suggest a max capacity for onion storage. It could also be smaller specifically for winged pikmin to represent a more limited onion capacity for their specific pikmin type, which would be one of their limitations.

Also, I like how the legs of the onion are like long blades of grass. Pikmin will probably ride them like slides.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

Emaan

629. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

I'm the same way in the Game & Wario thread.

Don't worry, I see your glorious GIFs, it's just we don't have much to talk about on either of these threads. Since the releases seems so far away, yet they really aren't. Maybe it's the delays. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

630. Posted:

Best launch window game ever.
....sighs T.T

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Tainy

631. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

....sighs T.T

Yeah. "Launch window." What a joke that turned out to be.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

632. Posted:

Well, glad to see I'm not the only one. Thanks guys.

Tainy wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

....sighs T.T

Yeah. "Launch window." What a joke that turned out to be.

We're almost getting it a year later! D:

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

633. Posted:

I'll bet this is a future soundtrack for Pikmin 3, since practically all the others are remixes of themes from the previous two games.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

634. Posted:

Nintendo totally blew this game's chances of being a game changer after getting delayed several times.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

635. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Nintendo totally blew this game's chances of being a game changer after getting delayed several times.

Seriously dude, do you EVER look on the positive side of things? Besides, the Pikmin series aren't exactly system sellers, so it doesn't really matter if its been delayed as long as it has. If anything it means we'll be getting an overall better game.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

636. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

If you're thinking Pikmin 3 will move enough consoles to change anything, you're horribly mistaking.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

637. Posted:

History will tell us that a Pikmin game is no game changer. On the contrary it's the Super Smash Bros game that ended up being sort of a game changer for Nintendo on the Original Wii. I don't think that this game will be a game changer on the Wii U as the Wii U needs more than a single game as game changer. Pikmin 3 for sure is on the running before it good delayed so many times. Playing Pikmin 2 yesterday made me think twice of the next Pikmin game. It will just be another Pikmin game on HD but the gameplay I think will remain the same. The game will sell for sure but it's by no means a game changer.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

638. Posted:

@Cheaptrick I think you contradicted yourself at least three times in the last two posts...

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

639. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I'll bet this is a future soundtrack for Pikmin 3, since practically all the others are remixes of themes from the previous two games.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to hear this unique track in Nintendoland.

Gah, I'm so excited for Pikmin 3! As long as I can play the game before getting back to school, I'll be good.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

640. Posted:

As a recent Nintendo convert coming out on the PC gaming side, the way I look at it with Nintendo is that its core gamers are the younger generation to the casual gaming population. Reading on some of the posts here, people seems to love talking about Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi & some other games that more or less defined Nintendo's game console as the kiddie game console.

I would have like reading posts about Watch Dogs, Splinter Cell, etc. & some true hardcore stuff but I find very little of it here making me go to some other sites to read for more. For me, it's all about the same of Nintendo. It's what makes it so successful in the past & I saw very little from gamers here going away of Nintendo's original theme.

The shadow of Mario will cast on any games that will truly change Nintendo's future. I don't see it on Pikmin but the coming game sure helps.

Edited on by Cheaptrick