Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 601 to 620 of 1,328

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

601. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

I thought he's one of the 3 main protagonists of the game. At least Nintendo should put one protagonist in the coverart.

rebuttal: Pokemon

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

602. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that Pikmin 3 is being delayed further partly or completely because they decided to implement online multiplayer? I have my doubts, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if that is the main reason considering how many people whined when it was announced that there would be no online.

This would make sense. Nintendo has been oddly quiet about Pikmin 3 recently, and it got delayed again. Perhaps they've been trying to add this or something else for quite a while, and it's turned out to be a bigger task than they've expected. I mean you've got games like Dream Team that we've just heard about, but yet they're slated for this year already. There MUST be something that's holding up the release of this game, and I doubt simple polishing or fixing up glitches is the reason behind it.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

603. Posted:

Wait a minute, let's take a look back at Pikmin 2's boxart. The PAL version didn't have Captains in it either, while the NA version had both Olimar and Louie. Something to think about...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

604. Posted:

The main protagonist of the game is missing in the cover art. Now that's odd.

This is like making a cover art for NBA 2K13 with a basketball image minus the NBA players.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

605. Posted:

Perhaps the North American box art will feature some of the protagonists or some of the enemies in the game
The PAL box art for Pikmin 3 bears similarities with the PAL Pikmin 2 box art, while the North American box art for Pikmin 2 is a bit different.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

606. Posted:

This is really not a big deal cuz the cover art still looks cool. It's just my personal opinion that I find it odd Nintendo did not include at least the main protagonist of the game on the cover art.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

607. Posted:

I hope there is more diverse things to collect than just fruit. I think the only other thing we've seen are some minerals. Oh well, the game is looking great so far.

Emaan wrote:

@Happy_Mask, I'm sure there's some story element to him being missing, and his probable return by the end of the game.

I believe they confirmed this at e3. Or something along the lines of that :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

WebHead

608. Posted:

I may pick this up. I tried Pikmin 2 for a while. It was fun but I lost interest after the 22nd day.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Tainy

609. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that Pikmin 3 is being delayed further partly or completely because they decided to implement online multiplayer? I have my doubts, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if that is the main reason considering how many people whined when it was announced that there would be no online.

I highly doubt that. This comment from Miyamoto suggests the delays (for all their Wii U games) are for other reasons: "The Wii U—though it shares the Wii name—can do a lot more, and in the process of developing a lot of the features, the resources required to best utilize those features drew on some of the same resources that might have been spent developing games, thus we weren’t able to bring quite as robust a line-up initially." This suggests Pikmin 3 has been delayed so much because some number of the people who would have been working on Pikmin 3 all this time had to work on other things for a while instead.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

610. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I highly doubt that. This comment from Miyamoto suggests the delays (for all their Wii U games) are for other reasons: "The Wii U—though it shares the Wii name—can do a lot more, and in the process of developing a lot of the features, the resources required to best utilize those features drew on some of the same resources that might have been spent developing games, thus we weren’t able to bring quite as robust a line-up initially." This suggests Pikmin 3 has been delayed so much because some number of the people who would have been working on Pikmin 3 all this time had to work on other things for a while instead.

That is my other guess. It certainly seems they've been working on and off on this over the x number of years it's been in development. Heck, it was meant to be on the Wii at one point.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

611. Posted:

Given the processing power of the Wii U, it's highly unlikely that the Pikmin 3 will have a multiplayer component. It's going to get so hard syncing multiple Pikmins' movements being played on a vast network across the globe by multiple gamers without the CPU trottling. There will be multiple freeze up problems in doing so. Given the length of game development, Nintendo would have been able to release the game sooner if it so decide. It a marketing strategy of Nintendo to release it on later date hoping to get some momentum on its multiple prong approach. It's unlikely that Pikmin 3 is going to be a game changer for the Wii U but with multiple triple A games launches on same quarter this might have some impact on Wii U sales.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

612. Posted:

@Cheaptrick Pikmin 3 must have multiplayer. Online is one thing, but if there is no local multiplayer, this game immediately takes a colossal step backward from Pikmin 2. I see absolutely no plausible reason to not include some sort of multiplayer in the game. They already have a base to work off of from Pikmin 2; it should not be hard at all to at least add a 2-player challenge mode or battle. Besides, when they mentioned that....

Oh hey, I just found this:
"But unfortunately, no online multiplayer for Pikmin 3. But the co-op local multiplayer is really fun."
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/11/the-origins-of-pikmin-3

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

613. Posted:

Tainy wrote:

Yeah, this makes sense as well. As much I don't want to say it, Pikmin 3 is probably just not as big of a priority as other Wii U things/games. Perhaps the game got delayed again because Nintendo is working hard to get demos of the new Wii U games ready for E3 (e.g. the new 3D Mario).

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

614. Posted:

The Pikmin 3 delay is likely a marketing strategy of Nintendo just like what Ubisoft did on Rayman Legends.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

615. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

The Pikmin 3 delay is likely a marketing strategy of Nintendo just like what Ubisoft did on Rayman Legends.

what strategy? Do you mean the marketing strategy of...nothing?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

616. Posted:

It's called spacing releases actually, and I'm not sure that's the method they're using in this situation. :P And Rayman Legends was just to port it.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

617. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

what strategy? Do you mean the marketing strategy of...nothing?

As mentioned in my previous post, this could be a multiple prong approach to improve Wii U sale figures. There's also the element of further improvement of the game but it's less likely that's the main reason given the length of game development. It's a shame that Nintendo still will be showcasing this game this E3 this coming June when they already showcased this game on last year's E3.

Happy_Mask wrote:

It's called spacing releases actually, and I'm not sure that's the method they're using in this situation. :P And Rayman Legends was just to port it.

That's not how it works & you're not seeing the big picture. Releasing the Rayman Legends on the Wii U will take a significant cut on the PS3 & Xbox 360 version sales of the game this September. The heavy market right now is not on the Wii U but on the other 2 older game consoles.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

618. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

@Cheaptrick Pikmin 3 must have multiplayer. Online is one thing, but if there is no local multiplayer, this game immediately takes a colossal step backward from Pikmin 2. I see absolutely no plausible reason to not include some sort of multiplayer in the game. They already have a base to work off of from Pikmin 2; it should not be hard at all to at least add a 2-player challenge mode or battle. Besides, when they mentioned that....

Oh hey, I just found this:
"But unfortunately, no online multiplayer for Pikmin 3. But the co-op local multiplayer is really fun."
Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/11/the-origins-of-pikmin-3

Local multiplayer probably on LAN (1-3 people) but still it's far from possible. I find it impossible for Nintendo to make the game playable on local multiplayer (1-2) split screen on same console given the fact that each player has the control of 3 switchable game characters directing large numbers of Pikmins movements while the console AI is also doing the control of movements on the other 2 game characters Pikmins. There'll be some sync & frame drop problems encountered. The CPU will trottle given the fact that it's underpowered. The enhanced resolution also will cause some problems on this case given the fact that the GPU (comparable to Radeon 4650/4670 in raw power) which is also underpowered.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

619. Posted:

So you HAVE to have multiple characters during an multiplayer mode? >.>
Yeah, it could just give you one, like in Pikmin 2.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Tainy

620. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

tLocal multiplayer probably on LAN (1-3 people) but still it's far from possible. I find it impossible for Nintendo to make the game playable on local multiplayer (1-2) split screen on same console given the fact that each player has the control of 3 switchable game characters directing large numbers of Pikmins movements while the console AI is also doing the control of movements on the other 2 game characters Pikmins. There'll be some sync & frame drop problems encountered. The CPU will trottle given the fact that it's underpowered. The enhanced resolution also will cause some problems on this case given the fact that the GPU (comparable to Radeon 4650/4670 in raw power) which is also underpowered.

I agree with Erica Hartmann. I highly doubt that Nintendo would even want to give each player 3 captains. It's much more likely that the available captains will just delegated to the players present. In Pikmin 2 for example, player 2 takes control of Louie, and player one just controls Olimar.

You're also making a number of assumptions on just how taxing the functions of the game are on the hardware. The game already has to calculate AI for 100 pikmin and all the enemies. It's hard to imagine the captains AI being that much of a particular issue. I very much trust that if Nintendo says we are getting local multiplayer, we are going to get it. I think we will at least get 2-player local play.

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner