Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,328

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

561. Posted:

@Emaan Indeed. And seeing as it STILL doesn't have a solid release date yet, it'll probably look ever more stunning one it comes out. Miyamoto must be really pushing the Wii U's power to see what it can do.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Rod64

562. Posted:

New Play Control! Pikmin on Wii is one of the best gaming experience I've had in my life.
I don't have a Wii U, but I will buy one on the release date of Pikmin 3.
Or maybe a week earlier to have it ready and play Nintendo Land LOL.

Rod64

AuthorMessage

Tainy

563. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

@Emaan Indeed. And seeing as it STILL doesn't have a solid release date yet, it'll probably look ever more stunning one it comes out. Miyamoto must be really pushing the Wii U's power to see what it can do.

Actually, based on things he's said, it doesn't sound like that's what's been happening with Pikmin 3.
Here is Miyamoto's explanation for Pikmin 3's delay:

…the Wii U—though it shares the Wii name—can do a lot more, and in the process of developing a lot of the features, the resources required to best utilize those features drew on some of the same resources that might have been spent developing games, thus we weren’t able to bring quite as robust a line-up initially.

He's basically saying that to get the Wii U running the way they wanted it to, Nintendo had to draw people and resources away from games development. He doesn't say anything about adding features to the game. That means that some of the people who were working on Pikmin 3 (and other games) must have been moved to something else. This could take a few forms. They could have permanently or temporarily shrunk the Pikmin 3 team, or they could have temporarily outright stopped development for the game. This leads me to think that Pikmin 3 will be no different than it would have been had they released it earlier.

This all sounds like yet another instance of Nintendo's highly conservative business practices.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

cyrex

564. Posted:

I have never played pikmin game, but today i tried it on nintendoland and i must say its very entertaining game. Hope that we dont have to wait for along time before its release.

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
3ds fc 3153-4070-9682

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

565. Posted:

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/174/9/d/pikmin_by_...

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

566. Posted:

Finished a run of Pikmin 2 for the (enter number here) time. Really wish Nintendo would give out the release date for 3 already, but I'm not as annoyed about it as I normally would since I still don't have a Wii U yet. But since that's liable to change in a week or two now that I'm starting to get my first paychecks, the wait is starting to get tiresome.

Hopefully something will be said about the matter in a Nintendo Direct this month (April)?

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

567. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Hopefully something will be said about the matter in a Nintendo Direct this month (April)?

I hope so. If nothing is announced by e3 (or at e3), then I will be very annoyed :P

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

AlicevsAxeman12

568. Posted:

so it wont be coming out in may 5?

Pokemon X

3DS Friend Code: 1547-6470-3169 | Nintendo Network ID: AlicevsAxeman12

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

569. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Only roughly 2 weeks until we see what Pikmin 3 is all about everyone! Are you excited?

I feel the same way! I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity. Every e3 I would come in thinking "They just GOTTA show Pikmin 3 this time!" only to be smacked down and disappointed. This has happened like 3 times now!!! Finally I can come into this e3 and say with confidence that I WILL witness Pikmin 3 once and for all. I'm so excited!

If IGN was right on Pikmin 3 release date this coming June 30th then it's hard to imagine Nintendo not talking about this game again on E3 2013 hence this is one of their highly anticipated game.

http://www.ign.com/videos/games/pikmin-3-wii-u-14267705

Untitled

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage

Emaan

570. Posted:

Well I've made a decent amount of progress in the original Pikmin (Wii version)
Once I'm done with that, I'll be moving on to my copy of Pikmin 2 (Gamecube version) to get ready for the third game. :O

I really like the gameplay of the series so far, although I'm somewhat looking forward to the sequel doing away with the time limit so I am more free to explore.

Still holding out for a Nintendo Direct to reveal the release date for this~

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

571. Posted:

@Cheaptrick I believe the reason why it says Jun 30 is because that's the last day in Q2.

It has been said Q2 is when Pikmin 3 will be released, so if that is correct then Jun 30 is the latest date it can be released. So if IGN is wrong, it will most likely be earlier than Jun 30, so nobody will get upset that they were wrong.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

572. Posted:

I seriously hope it comes out at least before E3, considering it was supposed to be a launch title way back when.

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

573. Posted:

Why do I feel that with all the lack of news it's falling back to Q3.
Oh well, gives me more time to get a Wii U anyway. :P
Also, drop in/out multiplayer would be cool (in a seperate non-story mode). Although I doubt it will happen. :'(

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

574. Posted:

Prof_Clayton wrote:

Why do I feel that with all the lack of news it's falling back to Q3.
Oh well, gives me more time to get a Wii U anyway. :P
Also, drop in/out multiplayer would be cool (in a seperate non-story mode). Although I doubt it will happen. :'(

Unless something comes up this month, I'm fearing the same thing. I doubt it'd be pushed back to Q3, but like you mentioned they have not talked about it at ALL lately...

AuthorMessage

terribledeli

575. Posted:

It's likely a place holder, but it does fall on a Sunday....hrm..

terribledeli

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5771-9850 | Nintendo Network ID: terribledeli

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

576. Posted:

This just occurred to me today:

I'M SO READY FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT!

I think spring makes me want to play Pikmin (of course, go outside too; but also Pikmin :))

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

577. Posted:

So apparently the so-called Pink Pikmin are actually named Winged Pikmin. And we have confirmation that WOLLYWOGS are back! Wonderful...
Also I'm seriously wondering if online will be implemented by this point, which would explain why things are taking so long. Especially since we've still got a few more months to wait.

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

578. Posted:

Besides the Winged Pikmin addition, it now looks like Pikmin 3 will not be released soon but still months away. This game now holds the world record of "the longest delayed game" in the history of gaming.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

579. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Besides the Winged Pikmin addition, it now looks like Pikmin 3 will not be released soon but still months away. This game now holds the world record of "the longest delayed game" in history of gaming.

Duke Nukem says hi.

AuthorMessage

Cheaptrick

580. Posted:

This is sad...

Amazon now put 12/30/2013 as Pikmin 3 release date. Place holder or not, it's a long wait. I guess I have to play on PC more. Battlefield 4 on PC probably will come before Pikmin 3.

Edited on by Cheaptrick