Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,273

AuthorMessage

Ernest_The_Crab

521. Posted:

Hm...so they added time limit back into the game huh? I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

AuthorMessage

Emaan

522. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Does nobody want to talk Pikmin with me? :(

that's the series that's trying to be the Wonderful 101 but with plants right?

:p

I'm wondering how much The Wonderful 101 will differ from Pikmin 3. It looks more action based, with less emphasis on exploration.
For me, Pikmin 3 is a definite buy. The Wonderful 101 looks really fun, but I don't want to have two games that are really similar in gameplay.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kereke12

523. Posted:

Yea I have to agree with all of u can wait 4 the game to come out 4 North America @wingedfish @kkslider552000 @emman

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

524. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

that's the series that's trying to be the Wonderful 101 but with plants right?

:p

I'm wondering how much The Wonderful 101 will differ from Pikmin 3. It looks more action based, with less emphasis on exploration.
For me, Pikmin 3 is a definite buy. The Wonderful 101 looks really fun, but I don't want to have two games that are really similar in gameplay.

Yeah I agree, though I might reverse when I buy the games, especially if Wonderful 101 is as good as it looks. Wonderful 101 as far as I can tell is more of a linear action game with strategy elements, though I don't know too much about the game beyond the trailers tbh.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

525. Posted:

I didn't feel that Little Kings Story and Pikmin had too much overlap - the setting will compensate for style similarities for me. I'm sure there will be plenty of differences between The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 to keep them from feeling too samey.

I'm not too fussed about a time limit myself; the main thing is whether the overall storyline will be as compelling. Having to fix Olimar's ship was a great way to make players feel invested. I wonder what the heart of this game will be?

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

kereke12

526. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

I didn't feel that Little Kings Story and Pikmin had too much overlap - the setting will compensate for style similarities for me. I'm sure there will be plenty of differences between The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 to keep them from feeling too samey.

I'm not too fussed about a time limit myself; the main thing is whether the overall storyline will be as compelling. Having to fix Olimar's ship was a great way to make players feel invested. I wonder what the heart of this game will be?

I have to agree with you but.... I think both games would be a great addition to the wii u...

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

527. Posted:

I think the time limit is great. That sense of urgency in Majora's Mask, made that Zelda game #1 to me. It's actually pretty close between Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and Skyward Sword for 1st place IMO, but that game pulled off it's dark, melancholy time based atmosphere very well. The first Pikmin game is my favorite out of the 2 right now.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

kereke12

528. Posted:

@scar392 good point in terms of pikman i would agree that the first one was the one that made everybody love the game i guess we have to wait until the game is release.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

529. Posted:

I've only played the first game, but I kinda enjoyed the time limit in that. It added to the strategy and really made you plan out what you wanted to do in each day. From what I understand, Pikmin 2 took that out in order to give us a longer, deeper experience which is by no means bad.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

kereke12

530. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I've only played the first game, but I kinda enjoyed the time limit in that. It added to the strategy and really made you plan out what you wanted to do in each day. From what I understand, Pikmin 2 took that out in order to give us a longer, deeper experience which is by no means bad.

yea i only played the first one and enjoyed it i was going to buy pikmin 2 but instead i got paper mario(wii) (don't know why) anyways lets just hope when it's released it has more time for us to explore.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

531. Posted:

Sean_Aaron wrote:

Don't remind of LKS. It's 2 for 2 lack of success just depresses me too much.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

532. Posted:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

Hm...so they added time limit back into the game huh? I'm not sure how I should feel about that.

There was a time limit in 2, it's just the caves delayed the inevitable. I don't see how the return of the time limit is this questionable nor how it's a bad thing in any way.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kereke12

533. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

There was a time limit in 2, it's just the caves delayed the inevitable. I don't see how the return of the time limit is this questionable nor how it's a bad thing in any way.

well i agree it what makes pikman....well pikman its an icon to the game....

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

534. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

Actually you are right and wrong. P2 had a daily time limit (not counting time in caves), but the overall game limit wasn't 30 days, rather it was infinite. I myself am leaning slightly more towards being okay with the time limit coming back in 3, it creates more of a thrill.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

WesCash

535. Posted:

It's kind of cool to see the time limit come back. The difficulty from the first game came from the time limit, whereas the difficulty from the second game came from entering massive caves while only having 100 pikmin to start with. Hopefully the return of the time limit means that more of the game will be spent above ground and not in caves. I enjoyed the caves, but felt that there were too many.

I found the first game to be more difficult too, which is something I look forward to in Pikmin 3. In Pikmin 2, you could take your sweet time and have essentially no trouble in the caves if you were good enough. This was usually the case for me. In Pikmin 1, you are forced to play a lot more recklessly and impulsively since you are racing the clock. It's a more chaotic experience that tests your quick thinking and management skills.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

kereke12

536. Posted:

@wescash yea it good nintendo added time back

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

537. Posted:

I didn't find the first game all that difficult, in fact I got all the parts with a day or two to spare. What I liked about the time limit was the fixed nature of the game: I could see that it would have a definite end of some kind and I could always play individual days again to improve my score.

It would be nice to have some kind of exploration mode, however, so I hope the photography aspect implies a "tour mode" or something where you can just look around. This is definitely my most anticipated game on the Wii U (outside of Pinball Arcade, natch).

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

538. Posted:

I beat the first Pikmin game with half a month to spare I think. My first playthrough, I think I beat it in about 22 days, then 15 in my second playthrough, since it was still really fresh of what the best strategy was.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

539. Posted:

I can do about 15 days for Pikmin 1 (don't remember exactly it's been a while) and 12 days in 2. I also can do no-death runs in 2 consistently (with resetting of course). I hope 3 offers more challenge and, if it's the game's plot, have more items to collect.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

540. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I apologize for that. I've been pretty busy lately.

WingedFish wrote:

I can do about 15 days for Pikmin 1 (don't remember exactly it's been a while) and 12 days in 2. I also can do no-death runs in 2 consistently (with resetting of course). I hope 3 offers more challenge and, if it's the game's plot, have more items to collect.

From what the Nintendo Direct clips have shown so far, some of the enemies in 3 look rather hard. (well, the guy in the video didn't exactly look like an expert, but...)

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi