Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 481 to 500 of 1,264

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

481. Posted:

So most of the levels are copied and pasted?

That's depressing.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

482. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

So most of the levels are copied and pasted?

That's depressing.

True. It certainly explains how the sequel came out a mere three years after its predecessor.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

483. Posted:

I think I might get this if Pikmin 2 didn't creep me out a lot.

Edited on by Drobotic

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

484. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

True. It certainly explains how the sequel came out a mere three years after its predecessor.

Nintendo could have easily developed new areas but it didn't. As disappointing as this is, it's not entirely noticeable.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

485. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Nintendo could have easily developed new areas but it didn't. As disappointing as this is, it's not entirely noticeable.

Agreed. Despite the fact that the maps are recycled the updated graphics in 2 make it more nostalgic to the 1st rather then appearing cheap, at least for me.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

486. Posted:

At least the levels have new layouts and there was thought into changing them.

Drobotic wrote:

I think I might get this if Pikmin 2 didn't creep me out a lot.

This thing creeps me out.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Emaan

487. Posted:

So with all the upcoming Q1 games set for 3DS and Wii U, I think its safe to assume we won't be getting this game until sometime late Spring perhaps. I'm curious as to why Game & Wario wasn't mentioned in the lineup, as I thought we would at least get that game a little earlier this year. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

488. Posted:

Watch the last ten seconds of this trailer. You will see a flying Pikmin like creature with leaf on its head similar to normal Pikmin.

It's a secret!

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

489. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Watch the last ten seconds of this trailer. You will see a flying Pikmin like creature with leaf on its head similar to normal Pikmin.

It's a secret!

Eh, old news... Nice observation though.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

490. Posted:

Is it old news? I never heard about it, lol.

I wonder if it's a new Pikmin though. Probably not.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

491. Posted:

Guessing this won't be releasing until may or June.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

492. Posted:

@Chrono_Cross Yeah a lot of people have already noticed it. It's pretty much certain that it will be a new Pikmin considering in one video you see them planted in the ground like any other color. For some reason Nintendo hasn't fully announced them yet.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

493. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

@Chrono_Cross Yeah a lot of people have already noticed it. It's pretty much certain that it will be a new Pikmin considering in one video you see them planted in the ground like any other color. For some reason Nintendo hasn't fully announced them yet.

I'm guessing they want a bit of mystery about them. I'm guessing they don't actually fly but they can be thrown and glide across far ledges.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Drobotic

494. Posted:

LOL.It's ironic how most horror and zombie games don't scare me and yet games like Pikmin do.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,MLP:FiM,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: Bubblenom

AuthorMessage

Mizore

495. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Alright time for me to step into this conversation. The area of Pikmin 2 are of course very similar to 1. The Distant Spring and the Perplexing Pool are the same place, as is the Forest of Hope and the Awakening Wood. And like @Pikminsi said, the Wistful Wild is the Final Trial and Impact Site put together. Interestingly, the game as mentioned above states that the areas in 1 are in fact the same in 2, saying that things has changed due to major tectonic disturbance. It's also obvious that the developers just reused the original maps from 1 and built upon them. Rather fascinating stuff.

...Been trying to figure that one out, lol.
I'm pretty sure we'll get some actual new worlds here. Would be awesome if they could throw all of the past areas in 3 along with the new ones though. :p (well, you know what I mean, the areas in 2 and the Naval from 1...loved that one so much)

Edited on by Mizore

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
"If I find out that you're lying to me, I will stalk you...then freeze you solid.".

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

496. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Alright time for me to step into this conversation. The area of Pikmin 2 are of course very similar to 1. The Distant Spring and the Perplexing Pool are the same place, as is the Forest of Hope and the Awakening Wood. And like @Pikminsi said, the Wistful Wild is the Final Trial and Impact Site put together. Interestingly, the game as mentioned above states that the areas in 1 are in fact the same in 2, saying that things has changed due to major tectonic disturbance. It's also obvious that the developers just reused the original maps from 1 and built upon them. Rather fascinating stuff.

...Been trying to figure that one out, lol.
I'm pretty sure we'll get some actual new worlds here. Would be awesome if they could throw all of the past areas in 3 along with the new ones though. :p (well, you know what I mean, the areas in 2 and the Naval from 1...loved that one so much)

Yeah, while it will be nice to see the inevitable new areas, I'd still like to see some sort of call back to the first two, like say the new cast comes to a area that would be familiar to seasoned players and the ship (assuming it will talk) says something about how it looks like the place where Olimar discovered Pikmin. That'd be interesting.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

497. Posted:

PIKMIN 3 IS NOW ORANGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

498. Posted:

Shadowing27 wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too. Makes sense I guess considering 2 was already colored purple. Also, I wonder if that hints at something. The 2 was colored purple like the Purple and White Pikmin's flowers. But the Rock and Pink Pikmin's flowers are dark blue. So does this mean there is an Orange Pikmin in 3? Or another Pikmin with an orange flower? Ah, the mystery...

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

499. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Shadowing27 wrote:

Yeah I noticed that too. Makes sense I guess considering 2 was already colored purple. Also, I wonder if that hints at something. The 2 was colored purple like the Purple and White Pikmin's flowers. But the Rock and Pink Pikmin's flowers are dark blue. So does this mean there is an Orange Pikmin in 3? Or another Pikmin with an orange flower? Ah, the mystery...

Or they changed the Rock and Flying pikmin's flowers :|

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

500. Posted:

The camera mode sounds like a lot of fun potential. I can see the Pikmin 3 community on Miiverse being packed with screenshots.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan