Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 461 to 480 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

461. Posted:

PIKMIN 2 SPOILER ALERT

What I'm conserned with Pikmin 3 thats just bothering me and I have to know now, is what happened to Olimar and Louie? Especially Louie because he's very creepy with his weird stare and especially since at the end of the game where you fight the Titan Dweevil, it is explained that the Dweevil was being controlled by "The King of Bugs" aka Louie! Does this make Louie evil? If he was in control of that behemoth then why was he trying to kill Olimar? O__O

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

moomoo

462. Posted:

Wait, Louie was the king of the bugs? Where'd you get that from?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

463. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Wait, Louie was the king of the bugs? Where'd you get that from?

When you save him at the end, he demands to only be called "The King of Bugs" according to Olimar in his treasure biography

"Louie is back! Somehow, he survived a horrific ordeal with a freakishly large, weapon-wielding titan dweevil! I entered a hole with an army of ferocious Pikmin, grimly determined to save Louie from the titan dweevil, but it seems that he was perfectly fine all along. I can't understand how he managed to avoid being eaten. Hmmm... He's always had an unusually close connection with insects, and I know he loves to cook them! Maybe he wasn't kidnapped after all... Could he have been controlling that beast all along?! No... that's craziness! Although... he does insist now that we address him by his "proper title", the King of Bugs." - Olimar's Journal

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

464. Posted:

Okay, back to the subject at hand then. What I wonder is how Rock Pikmin act when compared to Purples. Here's what we know so far. Rock Pikmin can break glass structures, have the some carrying abilities of others (1), apparently can't be sucked in by wind attacks as seen by the strange bio-luminescent moth creature in the Nintendo Direct footage (this will probably also make them effective against the flying varieties of Blowhogs), and bounce off enemies instead of latching on. What I find a little odd is that in Brawl, Purple Pikmin didn't latch on to opponents while they did in the Pikmin game. It seems that Rocks have taken this trait, although we still don't know what Purples will do in 3 yet.

And of course, there is always the mysterious Pinks that pop up subtlety. I personally won't theorize what they'll do yet, since all we know about them is that they fly.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

banak213

465. Posted:

pikmin is a great game! everything is beautiful in it and it made me cry when i finished it. it just makes me wanna believe that pikmin's exist haha

banak213

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

466. Posted:

Untitled
Looking back at this guy, I realized that his large claw that he uses as defense appears to be made out of a glass-like material, based on how the texture looks, so it could probably be defeated by Rock Pikmin. Also its bubbling ability appears interesting to me as I see it could possibly be used to help bring you higher ground...

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

467. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Untitled
Looking back at this guy, I realized that his large claw that he uses as defense appears to be made out of a glass-like material, based on how the texture looks, so it could probably be defeated by Rock Pikmin. Also its bubbling ability appears interesting to me as I see it could possibly be used to help bring you higher ground...

I bet the yellow spots on either side of his mouth are the weak points for MASSIVE DAMAGE. ;)

And another thing, I can't help but wonder if the bosses of Nintendo Land's Pikmin Adventure, i.e the Bulblord, Large-Mouth Wollywog, Emperor Pinchipede, Greater Bladed Beeb, Grand Bulblord, and Translucent Wollywog are glimpses into what will be encountered in the proper game. I personally haven't seen said creatures myself yet (still trying to get a Wii U), but it seems likely.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

468. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

PIKMIN 2 SPOILER ALERT

What I'm conserned with Pikmin 3 thats just bothering me and I have to know now, is what happened to Olimar and Louie? Especially Louie because he's very creepy with his weird stare and especially since at the end of the game where you fight the Titan Dweevil, it is explained that the Dweevil was being controlled by "The King of Bugs" aka Louie! Does this make Louie evil? If he was in control of that behemoth then why was he trying to kill Olimar? O__O

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought remember hearing that the Titan Dweevil picked up the weapons compulsively because it was a dweevil. Then the weapons began firing automatically, but it did not want to put them down. So it's just walking around shooting and causing harm without intending to; similar to a normal dweevil. I'm not sure if that's correct, but it's an interesting theory.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

469. Posted:

@Ideal_Hero Oh, like that half-mechanical dweevil? Anyways, since Olimar and Louie were mentioned briefly at e3, I'm really interested to see how that will play out too. Louie as a villain? :)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

470. Posted:

@Pikminsi - Now that you mention it, I may be mixing up the Titan Dweevils' origins with the Man-at-Legs' origins. However, they could have a similar predicament. IDK. Anyways, I knew Olimar was going to be in Pikmin 3, but I hadn't heard Louie was going to be in the game. I suppose Louie would make an interesting villain. Maybe he'll try and eat Pikmin like he thought about doing in the beginning of 2. :D

Mesaloggery
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

471. Posted:

Did anyone else notice that the water world in Pikmin 2 looks a lot like 1's?

For playing them side by side, I saw this resemblance fairly quickly.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

472. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

Did anyone else notice that the water world in Pikmin 2 looks a lot like 1's?

For playing them side by side, I saw this resemblance fairly quickly.

I believe that they are supposed to be the same place, though obvious changes had occurred.

Mesaloggery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

473. Posted:

I think you're right. When I first got there I thought it was the same level, lol.

I hope Pikmin 3 has some familiar areas. Along with even more replay value.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

474. Posted:

I'm not sure which one it was, but I believe one area in Pikmin 2 was two areas from Pikmin 1 put together.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

475. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

I'm not sure which one it was, but I believe one area in Pikmin 2 was two areas from Pikmin 1 put together.

The area right after the snow area has a very similar layout to the second area in Pikmin 1. In a way it's lazy but it in a way, it might've been coincidental.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

476. Posted:

I wasn't really into the first one, didn't get to trying the second one...I'm planning on getting this one though. I need a good brain scratcher.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

477. Posted:

CactusJackson wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

The area right after the snow area has a very similar layout to the second area in Pikmin 1. In a way it's lazy but it in a way, it might've been coincidental.

I just read that Olimar states that they are the same two forests in the game (Pikmin Wiki, so not completely reliable). I also read that Wistful Wild was made up by The Impact Site and The Final Trial. :)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

478. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

I just read that Olimar states that they are the same two forests in the game (Pikmin Wiki, so not completely reliable). I also read that Wistful Wild was made up by The Impact Site and The Final Trial. :)

Good research! I honestly never knew there was a Pikmin Wiki to be honest, lol. That does seem to be the only true answer to my "discovery" even if it's not confirmed by Nintendo.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

479. Posted:

@Cactus It's amazing how much research is done for random topics when I'm procrastinating :)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

480. Posted:

Alright time for me to step into this conversation. The area of Pikmin 2 are of course very similar to 1. The Distant Spring and the Perplexing Pool are the same place, as is the Forest of Hope and the Awakening Wood. And like @Pikminsi said, the Wistful Wild is the Final Trial and Impact Site put together. Interestingly, the game as mentioned above states that the areas in 1 are in fact the same in 2, saying that things has changed due to major tectonic disturbance. It's also obvious that the developers just reused the original maps from 1 and built upon them. Rather fascinating stuff.