Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 421 to 440 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

421. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Soooo....who else is looking forward to Pikmin 3?? I hope the release date comes out soon..

I am really looking forward to Pikmin 3. I do hope they come up with a solid release date though, even if it will be awhile.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

422. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Pikmin 3 is a game I'm really looking forward to. However, I feel I tend to like games more when I don't follow them heavily, so I won't be watching any videos for this one.

By the by, Miyamoto, never said he hated Pikmin 2. He simply disagreed with some of its design choices.

Shigeru%20Miyamoto wrote:

Our main aim in Pikmin 2 was to get rid of any stress as much as possible, so that it would be very user-friendly. Well, I myself couldn't agree with that direction perfectly. That kind of nature of Pikmin 1 was exactly what I wanted to reproduce and I was actually intentionally doing so, so that Pikmin 1 could be a strategic game.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/miyamoto-going-back-to-basics-for-...

Nah pikmin 2 was better than pikmin 1 & miyamoto is out of touch with us gamers!:P

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

423. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Pikmin 3 is a game I'm really looking forward to. However, I feel I tend to like games more when I don't follow them heavily, so I won't be watching any videos for this one.

By the by, Miyamoto, never said he hated Pikmin 2. He simply disagreed with some of its design choices.

Our main aim in Pikmin 2 was to get rid of any stress as much as possible, so that it would be very user-friendly. Well, I myself couldn't agree with that direction perfectly. That kind of nature of Pikmin 1 was exactly what I wanted to reproduce and I was actually intentionally doing so, so that Pikmin 1 could be a strategic game.

Nah pikmin 2 was better than pikmin 1 & miyamoto is out of touch with us gamers!:P

He doesn't even necessarily disagree. He simply stated he didn't like making it easier.

And for what it's worth, I liked Pikmin 1 more than 2. Mainly because I replay it frequently. Yeah, I'm in the minority, but it counts for something.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

424. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Or different people have different opinions, contrary to prior belief.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

HammerBr0

425. Posted:

For many people they have there own opinions but for me I liked Pikmin 2 better than the original
Also Pikmin 3 is going to kick ass in early 2013! :)

Aye! I heard U liek Hammer Bros?
3DS: 5327-2190-6943
Tell me if you want me to register you!

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

426. Posted:

HammerBr0 wrote:

For many people they have there own opinions but for me I liked Pikmin 2 better than the original

If you liked pikmin 2 better, you'll going to be very disappointed with pikmin 3 when it comes out considering it's trying to be like the first with a time limit.:P

Edited on by Brando67854321

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

427. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

HammerBr0 wrote:

If you liked pikmin 2 better, you'll going to be very disappointed with pikmin 3 when it comes out considering it's trying to be like the first with a time limit.:P

So you can't handle a little challenge in games? Do you really need them to be THAT easy?

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

428. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

So you can't handle a little challenge in games? Do you really need them to be THAT easy?

People don't realize challenge enhances the experience more often than not.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

429. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

HammerBr0 wrote:

No I played (& loved) alot of hard games like f-zero gx fyi!:P &@miyamoto (I know he can't hear me!:P) people asked for 2 things online multiplayer & removing the time limit & we got a lazy excuse for lack of online & pikmin 3 has a timer .... miyamoto come on!!! I'm starting to question you & you just lost your touch!:P

AuthorMessage

K964

430. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

HammerBr0 wrote:

No I played (& loved) alot of hard games like f-zero gx fyi!:P &@miyamoto (I know he can't hear me!:P) people asked for 2 things online multiplayer & removing the time limit & we got a lazy excuse for lack of online & pikmin 3 has a timer .... miyamoto come on!!! I'm starting to question you & you just lost your touch!:P

Calm down! He never explicitly said there was a time limit and have you played Pikmin 2 multiplayer? I have, and I perfected every mission with my best friend. Had a ton of fun! I don't think I could've ever done it online with some random stranger. Also, online battle mode would mean no screen peeking. ;)

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

431. Posted:

K964 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

HammerBr0 wrote:

Calm down! He never explicitly said there was a time limit and have you played Pikmin 2 multiplayer? I have, and I perfected every mission with my best friend. Had a ton of fun! I don't think I could've ever done it online with some random stranger. Also, online battle mode would mean no screen peeking. ;)

NO!:P online play>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crappy local play. Miyamoto put online play back in pikmin,3 which was supposed to happen!:P

AuthorMessage

BenAV

432. Posted:

@Brando67854321 Argh, you're still going on about this?
Pikmin doesn't need online multiplayer.
It's a single player game, like something such as Mario or Zelda, and if you want to play something online then there's plenty of other options for you.
Maybe in a future Pikmin game they'll decide to incorporate some sort of online multiplayer, but even so, I expect it'd just be like a bit of an extra mode and the single player game would still be the primary experience.
Also, if you have the people to play with, Local multiplayer > Online multiplayer.

Also, I'm glad to hear it'll be more like Pikmin 1.
The length of Pikmin 2 was good, but besides from that I much prefer the first.
The whole cave started getting a little boring for me about half way through Pikmin 2...

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

433. Posted:

NO! online play>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>crappy local play. Miyamoto put online play back in pikmin,3 which was supposed to happen!

Please explain how multiplayer would enhance a game like Pikmin. I just don't see how tacking a multiplayer mode onto a classy single player game like Pikmin 3 could, in any way, be a selling point for fans.

I've recently completed the original and after doing so, I never had any urge to want to share that experience with some random stranger online.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Aviator

434. Posted:

Pikmin 2 had multiplayer. I think it was along the lines of some battle mode.

I'm not sure if you could co-op the main stuff though.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

True_Hero

435. Posted:

I know I'm looking forward to playing co-op mode with my bros. I can see it being very useful, allowing true multitasking to be done.

Edited on by True_Hero

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

436. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@Brando67854321 Argh, you're still going on about this?
Pikmin doesn't need online multiplayer.
It's a single player game, like something such as Mario or Zelda, and if you want to play something online then there's plenty of other options for you.
Maybe in a future Pikmin game they'll decide to incorporate some sort of online multiplayer, but even so, I expect it'd just be like a bit of an extra mode and the single player game would still be the primary experience.
Also, if you have the people to play with, Local multiplayer > Online multiplayer.

Also, I'm glad to hear it'll be more like Pikmin 1.
The length of Pikmin 2 was good, but besides from that I much prefer the first.
The whole cave started getting a little boring for me about half way through Pikmin 2...

1) I hold a grudge on miyamoto & his poor decisions recently
2) again local play sucks
3) everyone always thinks this when they talk about pikmin pikmin 2>pikmin 1
4) look at the wii u first party games, none have online
5) Because he compared this game to mario kart I'm boycotting mario kart & even smash bros.!:P

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

437. Posted:

No, MiiVerse isn't online, of course not... look, it sounds as if basically you hate Nintendo, so why are you here?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

438. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

No, MiiVerse isn't online, of course not... look, it sounds as if basically you hate Nintendo, so why are you here?

multiplayer!!!! online multiplayer! miiverse doesn't count!

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

439. Posted:

But MiiVerse is somethig to build on, isn't it? Try looking into the future for once.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

AuthorMessage

Brando67854321

440. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

But MiiVerse is somethig to build on, isn't it? Try looking into the future for once.

No!:P they still are behind for online gaming & all first party wii u games lacking online multiplayer is ANYTHING but proof! At this rate I'm expecting 1 first party game to have online multiplayer will be in Q4 2013!:P