Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 401 to 420 of 1,328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

401. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

@Joshers744 - Yeah, I had considered that. I'm not sure what Miyamoto has in mind, but I'm sure it'll be great either way.

@Brando67854321 - You are asserting your opinion as fact. Also, have you played Sticker Star? I have and I must say it is fantastic. It's different, but I enjoy the new presentation.

I agree with everything here really, even if the new Paper Mario wasn't my favorite, I could see how some could really enjoy it. Again, not saying it was bad really. I think sometimes it's good to take a step back to some basics from time to time, but it can be an awkward transition at times as well.
I'm used to Paper Mario being a little more open world and full of new characters. I think that's the biggest thing about that game that has made it more of a 7 out of 10 then a 9 or something for me. (that and I miss Bowser's dialogue and I'm not a huge fan of the having to have stickers to fight thing)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

402. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

So you're saying bad sales=bad game?

No! he was disappointed in the sales!:P Yes the actual game!

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

403. Posted:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not sure I follow your point.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

404. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

And I think that's the tricky part....how would the day limit for instance, work with a more legnthy game? For example, 60 days to gather all the treasure. But what happens if you fail, like you could in the first game? I always thought that was an interesting aspect, but having an even lengthier game, could be tragedy to have to start all over after playing 60 game days and failing, considering 30 was painful enough (that being said, I never failed that game but once on purpose years ago).

Nintendo could implement something where you go back a certain amount of days. For example, they could implement one of the systems used in Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on PSP. One of those was a way to go back up to fifty turns so you wouldn't have to start a game over if you knew you'd fail. Another was one that let you travel back in time to key decision points so you could try out the new maps and story it would give you. Both of those ideas, if implemented correctly, could work very well for Pikmin 3.

@Brando67854321 He's an expert game designer. The changes will work. I have yet to see a game Miyamoto was behind that didn't turn out great.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

405. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not sure I follow your point.

Pikmin 2 sold less than pikmin 1 & He made pikmin 3 like pikmin 1 because of the bad sales of pikmin 2 like f-zero gx although unlike f-zero gx, pikmin 2 is rare & expensive everywhere!:(

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

406. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not sure I follow your point.

Pikmin 2 sold less than pikmin 1 & He made pikmin 3 like pikmin 1 because of the bad sales of pikmin 2 like f-zero gx although unlike f-zero gx, pikmin 2 is rare & expensive everywhere!:(

I don't think sales have anything to do with his reasoning. I'm pretty sure he's implementing it because he thinks it's best for the game. It's debatable whether or not that's the case, but with the reception from Pikmin 2 backing it, it's really hard to see sales as a reason for having a timer.

Whether it's rare and expensive is also debatable, considering you can buy the Wii version for $20.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OracleOfTruth

407. Posted:

@Brando - Okay... I still don't see any problems with this. Pikmin was a great game. A little short perhaps, but an excellent game. Also, Miyamoto said that he wanted to bring back the sense of stress and urgency the original provided, not make a new time limit. That could be the case, but it could also be something new. Perhaps if you stay in one area too long, a herd of particularly nasty enemies will close in on you, forcing you to act quickly and intelligently.

Edited on by OracleOfTruth

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

408. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not sure I follow your point.

Pikmin 2 sold less than pikmin 1 & He made pikmin 3 like pikmin 1 because of the bad sales of pikmin 2 like f-zero gx although unlike f-zero gx, pikmin 2 is rare & expensive everywhere!:(

Just as an FYI, if you are looking for a copy of Pikmin 2, they do have the NPC versions on the Wii now. I got mine for 20 bucks a little while back. I tried to find the Gamecube one too myself over a year or so ago, and you're right. That thing can be pricey.

Here is a link if anyone is interested :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878190287&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords--pla--NA-_-NA&gclid=CL2ehPOzyrQCFcxAMgodfm0AYw

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

409. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Whether it's rare and expensive is also debatable, considering you can buy the Wii version for $20.

True but we did not get that until june of 2012, 3 years after the release in europe & I was just referring to the gamecube original!
@joshers We didnt get that game in america 3 years ago when it first released in europe!

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

410. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not sure I follow your point.

Pikmin 2 sold less than pikmin 1 & He made pikmin 3 like pikmin 1 because of the bad sales of pikmin 2 like f-zero gx although unlike f-zero gx, pikmin 2 is rare & expensive everywhere!:(

But that clearly has nothing to do with sales. If anything, getting rid of that was specifically done to improve sales. There is no reality in which the 30 day time limit is more "mainstream" or whatever. Pikmin 2 didn't sell as well because of Nintendo's slow descent into irrelevence in the early 2000s, especially the GCN. Like IIRC almost all of GCN's best selling games came out within its first year. Either that or people were turned off by not liking Pikmin (either for what wasn't in the sequel or for the gameplay as a whole) and so not nearly as many people got the sequel.

At most, Pikmin 2's failures helped them bring back features like this, but as far as I can tell, this is a classic example of putting in interesting game design not caring if it alienates some people.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrWalkieTalkie

411. Posted:

@Brando67854321 So uh let me get this straight... You hate every game in existence? Because it sure seems like that based on every comment you've ever posted.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

412. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

@Brando67854321 So uh let me get this straight... You hate every game in existence? Because it sure seems like that based on every comment you've ever posted.

Miyamoto hates pikmin 2 not me! I was referring to miyamoto!

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ReindeerDasher

413. Posted:

So... what?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

414. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

@Brando67854321 So uh let me get this straight... You hate every game in existence? Because it sure seems like that based on every comment you've ever posted.

Miyamoto hates pikmin 2 not me! I was referring to miyamoto!

citation needed.

HEY GUYS SOMEONE LIKES A GAME LESS THAN ANOTHER GAME THEY MUST HATE IT

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ReindeerDasher

415. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

@Brando67854321 So uh let me get this straight... You hate every game in existence? Because it sure seems like that based on every comment you've ever posted.

Miyamoto hates pikmin 2 not me! I was referring to miyamoto!

citation needed.

HEY GUYS SOMEONE LIKES A GAME LESS THAN ANOTHER GAME THEY MUST HATE IT

And because someone hates it it must be bad.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

416. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

@Brando67854321 So uh let me get this straight... You hate every game in existence? Because it sure seems like that based on every comment you've ever posted.

Miyamoto hates pikmin 2 not me! I was referring to miyamoto!

citation needed.

HEY GUYS SOMEONE LIKES A GAME LESS THAN ANOTHER GAME THEY MUST HATE IT

And because someone hates it it must be bad.

Yeah seriously, my favorite Smash Bros game (aka my fav. fighting game ever) was considered a disappointment IIRC from the guy who made it. Same with Megaman 3, which is my favorite of the NES Megaman games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

417. Posted:

Soooo....who else is looking forward to Pikmin 3?? I hope the release date comes out soon..

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

418. Posted:

To help put this in perspective, I've written FanFictions (not quite so much anymore) and there was one in particular that everybody just simply loved. Only, I didn't think the story was all that great myself. The point is, just because the creator of something doesn't like his own work, doesn't mean that other people will dislike it too.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

419. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Soooo....who else is looking forward to Pikmin 3?? I hope the release date comes out soon..

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

420. Posted:

Pikmin 3 is a game I'm really looking forward to. However, I feel I tend to like games more when I don't follow them heavily, so I won't be watching any videos for this one.

By the by, Miyamoto, never said he hated Pikmin 2. He simply disagreed with some of its design choices.

Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:

Our main aim in Pikmin 2 was to get rid of any stress as much as possible, so that it would be very user-friendly. Well, I myself couldn't agree with that direction perfectly. That kind of nature of Pikmin 1 was exactly what I wanted to reproduce and I was actually intentionally doing so, so that Pikmin 1 could be a strategic game.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/miyamoto-going-back-to-basics-for-...

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14