Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,331

Brando67854321

@thekingoftown If no freaking online because of not using simple solutions to work on is bad enough miyamoto said: he's making pikmin 3 more like pikmin 1 & not 2 miyamoto are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

Snagrio

Brando67854321 wrote:

@thekingoftown If no freaking online because of not using simple solutions to work on is bad enough miyamoto said: he's making pikmin 3 more like pikmin 1 & not 2 miyamoto are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!

That's it, I don't care how many times you deny it, you're a troll. Or at the very least, you act like one.

Anyway, I'm actually okay with the return of time constraint. While I do love 2 more then 1, I still find myself speed running on both games even though its unlimited time on 2, because it presents more of a thrill then if it was just nothing at all.

Plus, we aren't 100% sure as of yet if there will be a day limit. For all we know, there might be an option for unlimited time (which would be very nice) or the day limit would be reasonable, like 60 days or something.

And don't even get me started on the stupid online argument...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

KingDunsparce

The main problem with Pikmin 1 (imo) was how short the time restraint made the game. However, since Nintendo has been working on this game for years, it will probably be packed with content.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
...

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

kkslider5552000

I didn't like the time constraint...but I was 11 so that might not even be a valid opinion at this point.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Brando67854321

WingedFish wrote:

Plus, we aren't 100% sure as of yet if there will be a day limit. For all we know, there might be an option for unlimited time (which would be very nice) or the day limit would be reasonable, like 60 days or something.

And don't even get me started on the stupid online argument...

Stupid?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??? Blame miyamoto for his hatred & lazyness for online & the fact that he's likely to put in the time limit critics hated because of pikmin 2's otherwise meh & crappy sales!

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

Whopper744

Personally, I don't need online for Pikmin, and don't really see a good way to put it in the game.

I guess I am one of few that seems to like the time idea. It adds a level of strategy to it for me.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Auracle

Brando67854321 wrote:

Stupid?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??? Blame miyamoto for his hatred & lazyness for online & the fact that he's likely to put in the time limit critics hated because of pikmin 2's otherwise meh & crappy sales!

I assume you have a source for your claims?

Joshers744 wrote:

Personally, I don't need online for Pikmin, and don't really see a good way to put it in the game.
I guess I am one of few that seems to like the time idea. It adds a level of strategy to it for me.

I agree. I can't imagine playing Pkmin online, especially with people I don't know. I'll probably yell at my bros enough as it is for killing some Pikmin. I feel that a time limit would be fine if the length of the game was not sacrificed for it.

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Whopper744

Joshers744 wrote:

Personally, I don't need online for Pikmin, and don't really see a good way to put it in the game.
I guess I am one of few that seems to like the time idea. It adds a level of strategy to it for me.

I agree. I can't imagine playing Pkmin online, especially with people I don't know. I'll probably yell at my bros enough as it is for killing some Pikmin. I feel that a time limit would be fine if the length of the game was not sacrificed for it.

[/quote]

And I think that's the tricky part....how would the day limit for instance, work with a more legnthy game? For example, 60 days to gather all the treasure. But what happens if you fail, like you could in the first game? I always thought that was an interesting aspect, but having an even lengthier game, could be tragedy to have to start all over after playing 60 game days and failing, considering 30 was painful enough (that being said, I never failed that game but once on purpose years ago).

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Brando67854321

@Joshers744 Nah online play is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than local play & since miyamoto screwed up paper mario, he's more likely to screw up pikmin 3 sadly. seriously? How is ANYBODY defending miyamoto on the time limit the critic's & players hate!

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

Whopper744

Brando67854321 wrote:

@Joshers744 Nah online play is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than local play & since miyamoto screwed up paper mario, he's more likely to screw up pikmin 3 sadly.

I think for me it means a lot more to actually be in the same room as who I am playing with, and actually know who they are, especially for a game with this style.
I'm keeping hopeful about this game. I don't think I've played anything of Miyamoto's that I haven't at least liked, not to mention they are usually my favorite games (though I'll admit, the newest Paper Mario wasn't the best in the series so far).

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Brando67854321

WingedFish wrote:

@Brando67854321 Haters gonna hate...

No, you're just defending miyamoto because much like f-zero gx he also was dissapointed in pikmin 2! And because of that he chose to go for pikmin 1 (the inferior game) for pikmin 3!

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

Auracle

@Joshers744 - Yeah, I had considered the game length/time limit issue. I'm not sure what Miyamoto has in mind, but I'm sure it'll be great either way. Maybe a new mechanic will be introduced.

@Brando67854321 - You are asserting your opinion as fact. Also, have you played Sticker Star? I have and I must say it is fantastic. It's different, but I enjoy the new presentation.

Edited on by Auracle

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Whopper744

Brando67854321 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

@Brando67854321 Haters gonna hate...

No, you're just defending miyamoto because much like f-zero gx he also was dissapointed in pikmin 2! And because of that he chose to go for pikmin 1 (the inferior game) for pikmin 3!

I didn't know he was disappointed in F-Zero GX. That was my favorite F-Zero game! Oh well.
Hopefully he won't be disappointed with how this game goes.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Brando67854321

True_Hero wrote:

@Joshers744 - Yeah, I had considered that. I'm not sure what Miyamoto has in mind, but I'm sure it'll be great either way.

@Brando67854321 - You are asserting your opinion as fact. Also, have you played Sticker Star? I have and I must say it is fantastic. It's different, but I enjoy the new presentation.

I love sticker star but alot of people & critics don't like it & about miyamoto being disappointed in pikmin 2, blame the crappy sales that made the gnc game hard to find!

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

Whopper744

True_Hero wrote:

@Joshers744 - Yeah, I had considered that. I'm not sure what Miyamoto has in mind, but I'm sure it'll be great either way.

@Brando67854321 - You are asserting your opinion as fact. Also, have you played Sticker Star? I have and I must say it is fantastic. It's different, but I enjoy the new presentation.

I agree with everything here really, even if the new Paper Mario wasn't my favorite, I could see how some could really enjoy it. Again, not saying it was bad really. I think sometimes it's good to take a step back to some basics from time to time, but it can be an awkward transition at times as well.
I'm used to Paper Mario being a little more open world and full of new characters. I think that's the biggest thing about that game that has made it more of a 7 out of 10 then a 9 or something for me. (that and I miss Bowser's dialogue and I'm not a huge fan of the having to have stickers to fight thing)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Brando67854321

3Dash wrote:

So you're saying bad sales=bad game?

No! he was disappointed in the sales! Yes the actual game!

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

Auracle

What does that have to do with anything? I'm not sure I follow your point.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic