Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 321 to 340 of 1,270

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

321. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

Joshers744 wrote:

This has been a great series, but I'm not a big fan of the extremely long caves in Pikmin 2.
If you want to quit in the middle of a cave, does it bring you back to that spot when you turn the game back on? (I know i feel like I asked that weird...I just don't like being stuck, playing a cave for an hour and a half before I can turn the system off, when I need to be getting to work or something. :p)

Nevermind, answered my own question on the Pikmin wiki :

Every time you enter a sublevel, the game will save. So if you turn the game off then back on, you'll start over in the current sublevel you are on.The cave will always look slightly different when you restart the game.

http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Cave

Anyway....can't wait for 3! :p

Yes, that feature is very handy for no-death runs (which I always do). I'm just glad Mr. Resetti isn't in the game...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

322. Posted:

Does anybody think it'd be a problem if I got this, and haven't played the first 2? I know the game obviously isn't out yet, so no one really knows for sure...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

323. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Does anybody think it'd be a problem if I got this, and haven't played the first 2? I know the game obviously isn't out yet, so no one really knows for sure...

I wouldn't say it would matter too much. I'd try to find the Wii versions if you do decide to play them
I mean, the games story aren't too complicated really. I do think you'd be missing out a bit on two good games if you don't get to play the first 2 though.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

324. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

Being the Pikmin fanatic that I am, I would suggest you get a least the second one. The Wii version is only $20 and it's a great game. But if possible, get and play 1 first to get the full experience.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

325. Posted:

This game is EFFING BEAUTIFUL!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

326. Posted:

Loved the new footage. Still have that wish that this were a launch title and I could have played this straight away with my brand new Wii U, but I guess this delay is for the best.

Look at how much Kid Icarus: Uprising improved between when it was first announced and being released after the delays. :D

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

RYBlast

327. Posted:

Pink Pikmin at 3:00 on the left in the new footage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgWJ08tD718&feature=g-u-u

Edited on by RYBlast

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter: HR_Blast

AuthorMessage

Sjoerd

328. Posted:

They're pink. Wicked. No seriously. I feel **sraped by Nintendo for throwing this back HALF A YEAR

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

329. Posted:

Anyone notice the whistle beam's tall cylindrical appearance during the cave scene? Undoubtedly it is like that to accommodate the Pink Pikmin's flight. Sorry Nintendo, but you can't hide everything all the time. ;)

AuthorMessage

zaganh

330. Posted:

pre ordred it cant wait =D!

nintendo id zaganh

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

331. Posted:

Thanks @WingedFish and @Joshers744. I'll look around and see if I can find those at a Best Buy or something.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

332. Posted:

@3Dash You should be able to find Pikmin 2 in any store that has a VG department. But as for 1, I personally haven't seen in stores too much, but there's always Amazon.

AuthorMessage

Noxia

333. Posted:

Never played Pikmin. Is it anything like the mini game on Nintendo land?

Noxia

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

334. Posted:

Noxia wrote:

Um, similar. I've yet to play Nintendo Land, but I have seen gameplay of it on YouTube. The basic concept of throwing Pikmin to attack enemies is there.

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

335. Posted:

Also, giant enemy crab.
Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

336. Posted:

Noxia wrote:

Though I like the Pikmin game on Nintendo Land, it is a good bit more simple then actually playing Pikmin...it's got some of the same concept I guess, with being in control of a group of Pikmin, but it's really hard to compare between that minigame and the actual game. For one, the actual games are really focused on treasure hunting, so to speak, where the mini game really isn't so much.

AuthorMessage

Doge

337. Posted:

Pikmin is one of the best mass strategy games ever, if not the best strategy game. get pikmin 2 Nintendo select to get a good chunk of da gameplay. i would highly recommend it

"I wish they'd put Slippy in the new Super Smash Brothers" Said Nobody ever.
Check out my vine https://vine.co/u/1046821763767566336

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

AuthorMessage

Noxia

338. Posted:

I'm not that naive to think it would be super similar, after all it is a mini game. I look forward to buying it, spent 20m watching footage of the older ones and I can see me enjoying it a lot.

Noxia

AuthorMessage

Doge

339. Posted:

you will bro, and there is MUCH more depth in the game, i would recommend pikmin 2 the most, because it has a better plot, a partner, better music, better bosses, better everything

"I wish they'd put Slippy in the new Super Smash Brothers" Said Nobody ever.
Check out my vine https://vine.co/u/1046821763767566336

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

340. Posted:

Noxia wrote:

I'm not that naive to think it would be super similar, after all it is a mini game. I look forward to buying it, spent 20m watching footage of the older ones and I can see me enjoying it a lot.

Ha. I figured so, I was just having trouble trying to describe the series really. :p

NIntendoForever described it pretty well I think.