Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,270

AuthorMessage

Stereoman

281. Posted:

I predict a summer 2013 release for pikmin3 or for pessimists 2014.
Just remember what happened to kid icarus ( launch title anyone ?! ).
Well 1-2 years pause since Wii U maybe shapes up to a must buy.
Better for everyones vallets i guess ^^

Stereoman

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

282. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

You know...maybe they could do a seasons based system....and the worlds could change depending on the season/weather and all that. :p

Um, they kinda did that in 2. Or are you being sarcastic? I can't tell. :(

...No they didn't...one area was snowy, that was about it...the level never changed.

Oh I see what you mean. You're talking about seasons changing within the same place, as in when you visit it at one time it's spring and then when you come back sometime later time it's now summer. And technically each area in 2 represents a different season: Valley of Repose=Winter, Awakening Wood=Spring, Perplexing Pool=Summer, and Wistful Wild=Autumn.

Yeah that's what I mean, Pikmin 2 is kinda more like...a regional thing or something. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

283. Posted:

Also, regarding seasons, maybe you could find different things in different seasons. This could be a reason to want to visit certain areas often

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

284. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

Also, regarding seasons, maybe you could find different things in different seasons. This could be a reason to want to visit certain areas often

Kinda like in B/W, where the snow could build up and let you reach an area you couldn't before. :p
Or it could freeze the water.

Also, have the enemies change sometimes.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

285. Posted:

Seasons could have a nice impact on the gameplay. :)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

286. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

Kinda like in B/W, where the snow could build up and let you reach an area you couldn't before. :p
Or it could freeze the water.

Also, have the enemies change sometimes.

B/W? Sorry, but what is that? I don't recognize the abbreviation.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

287. Posted:

Black and White.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

288. Posted:

Oh, okay :)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

289. Posted:

Hmm, I just had a slightly unrelated thought. It's obviously not likely to happen at this point, but if Louie were to be playable in SSB4 (man I really wish we knew the official name for it already) I think it would be awesome if his Final Smash would be him getting on the Titan Dweevil and just blasting everyone with its weapons. But of course he'd just end up being a clone and everyone would complain, bla bla bla...

Anyway, I was thinking about some of the new enemies, particularly the magma slug things, you can see it here if you scroll through the screenshots. http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/5NLPKm0PujJNXboKgTR5hd_f... (btw don't mind the warning message, it's only there because P3 hasn't been rated there. Trust me, it isn't a bad site or something :p )

When I first heard about magma/lava being an element, I thought that unlike fire you wouldn't be able whistle your Pikmin back (as in it would kill non-red Pikmin instantly like electricity), but if you look at the picture, you'll see that the rock Pikmin are still running around while on fire. So at least with this enemy that isn't the case. Although there might be a volcanic area with pools of lava; that would be freaking awesome.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

290. Posted:

@WingedFish: Yes...Nintendo is totally a bad site, lol.
I'm not sure if lava will be in this game...I think they're just fire slugs.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

291. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

@WingedFish: Yes...Nintendo is totally a bad site, lol.
I'm not sure if lava will be in this game...I think they're just fire slugs.

Hey, just didn't want somebody getting on my case about. ;) I remember one of the people at E3 saying there is going to be lava/magma elements, probably as in the environment. But at this point, as with almost EVERYTHING ELSE in this game, it's all speculation. Ugh I wish they'd give us at least a LITTLE more info...

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

292. Posted:

I just want a freakin' release date. T.T
Lava or not, this game will be awesome, better have 1080p too...lol

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

293. Posted:

I'm hoping we'll get another trailer.
About SSB, I really wish you could be Louie on the Titan :) Probably less of a chance anyways since there are more characters now.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

294. Posted:

Yeah I can't really see the Titan as a playable character. xD
Maybe a boss...or have a stage with the Titan featured in the background attacking you....IN THWEEEEEEEE-DEEEEEEEEEE!!! (...or HD if you get the U version, lol)

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

295. Posted:

@Pikiminsi @Erica_Hartmann No, not the Titan Dweevil as a playable character, I mean as Louie's Final Smash. Although having the TD as a boss would be pretty cool. Although it's more likely the last boss of Pikmin 3 will have a chance at being a Smash Bros. enemy, whatever its going to be.

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

296. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

@Pikiminsi @Erica_Hartmann No, not the Titan Dweevil as a playable character, I mean as Louie's Final Smash. Although having the TD as a boss would be pretty cool. Although it's more likely the last boss of Pikmin 3 will have a chance at being a Smash Bros. enemy, whatever its going to be.

Ya, I know, I just worded it weird. Louie on the Titan as a character would be too big. I would've liked more references to Pikmin in SSBB story mode. I guess that wouldn't have made since though, since many didn't know who he was. Whenever I talk about Pikmin to people who haven't played it, they say something like "Oh, that guy with the plants in Brawl?" xD

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

297. Posted:

@Pikminsi Look on the bright side, at least you're not an FE fan. I've encountered more people who know Marth as "That Japanese guy in smash bros." than Pikmin I've plucked out of the ground!
But I'm still wondering about Olimar's role in this game. D:

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

298. Posted:

Pikminsi wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Ya, I know, I just worded it weird. Louie on the Titan as a character would be too big. I would've liked more references to Pikmin in SSBB story mode. I guess that wouldn't have made since though, since many didn't know who he was. Whenever I talk about Pikmin to people who haven't played it, they say something like "Oh, that guy with the plants in Brawl?" xD

Sounds similar to Marth and Ike when it comes to Fire Emblem. "Oh you mean those two guys from Brawl with the swords and blue hair?" -_-

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

299. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Pikminsi wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Sounds similar to Marth and Ike when it comes to Fire Emblem. "Oh you mean those two guys from Brawl with the swords and blue hair?" -_-

Or those psychic kids from Brawl. lol

AuthorMessage

Epicnessofme99

300. Posted:

Can't wait for this game.

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme Feel free to add me :D
3DS Friend Code: 0387-9343-5065

Nintendo Network ID: Epicnessofme