Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,320

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

161. Posted:

Anybody watch the 2 parter Jonathan holmes 'Destructoid' Pikmin 3 Hands-on videos? :D
Oh Jonny, once again you remind me why you're my favorite video game personality 'and Reviewer(His Mega Man 9 & 10 reviews were amaZING) on the Inerwebz haha.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

162. Posted:

@WaveBoy

Yep. Thats the only thing you need to see before you HAVE to buy the game.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

163. Posted:

So, in the co-op mode, do two people control two captains each? That is what I'd like to know. Also, as a side note, I don't mind at all that their isn't an online mode for this particular game.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

164. Posted:

I've been doing a little research (and I know some of you must already know this), and they said on the E3 show floor that there are more Pikmin other then the Rocks (and Pinks, but they haven't confirmed nor denied that they are playable) to be revealed in the future. I personally am holding out for Black and/or Green Pikmin. The Blacks would be able to be left behind in the night and survive (because of their dark color), and Greens could make Burgeoning Spiderworts (the plants in Pikmin 2 that give you berries to make sprays) grow faster or something like that. As for Purples and Whites, they are still in the game, just "hidden" as Miyamoto said.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

165. Posted:

@WingedFish no online & local only, again!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! cough starcraft cough It will not sell now solely because of online just like star fox 643d it will bomb bad! :( I know the wii u is not a pc but there is no more excuses! :( Why did Reggie HAD to confirm friend codes?!?!?!?

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

166. Posted:

@Brando67854321 That's ridiculous.
Pikmin is a game built for a single player experience, although online could be an option further down in the series, it is definitely not a necessity and doesn't impact how much I want this game in the slightest.
Star Fox 64 3D was different, due to the story being short and it having a pretty big focus on multiplayer.
That definitely would have benefited from online multiplayer.
But Pikmin, not necessary.
Same with a lot of other Nintendo franchises... do Zelda and Metroid need online multiplayer too?

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

167. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@Brando67854321 That's ridiculous.
Pikmin is a game built for a single player experience, although online could be an option further down in the series, it is definitely not a necessity and doesn't impact how much I want this game in the slightest.
Star Fox 64 3D was different, due to the story being short and it having a pretty big focus on multiplayer.
That definitely would have benefited from online multiplayer.
But Pikmin, not necessary.
Same with a lot of other Nintendo franchises... do Zelda and Metroid need online multiplayer too?

Well since miyamoto said star fox 643d might be the series last if it did not sell well, well it was nice knowing the star fox franchise but now the series is dead! Thanks lack of online play! :p Edit: also I heard wii u games are 60 dollars! no excuse! Considering miyamoto said no online & said local play Is fun I fell insulted. :(

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

168. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@Brando67854321 That's ridiculous.
Pikmin is a game built for a single player experience, although online could be an option further down in the series, it is definitely not a necessity and doesn't impact how much I want this game in the slightest.
Star Fox 64 3D was different, due to the story being short and it having a pretty big focus on multiplayer.
That definitely would have benefited from online multiplayer.
But Pikmin, not necessary.
Same with a lot of other Nintendo franchises... do Zelda and Metroid need online multiplayer too?

Thank you! I tell you, it's amazing how much people complain about how Pikmin 3 doesn't have online. IT'S A SINGLE PLAYER STYLED GAME! IT ISN'T A NECESSITY!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

169. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Well since miyamoto said star fox 643d might be the series last if it did not sell well

What? Post or it didn't happen.

Brando67854321 wrote:

well it was nice knowing the star fox franchise but now the series is dead!

You'd like to think that wouldn't you. People said that about Kid Icarus. WHICH WAS ACTUALLY DEAD.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Thanks lack of online play!

Why, you're welcome Joey!

Brando67854321 wrote:

I heard wii u games are 60 dollars!

A rumor? OMG GUIZ ITS HAPPENING.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Considering miyamoto said no online & said local play Is fun I fell insulted. :(

Because he said that playing with your friends in the same room is fun you feel insulted. Yeah, Ok. You and I have quite different definitions of fun.

Look, it would be amazing if Pikmin 3 had online. But it doesn't. Neither did StarFox. But if people think that those affect the sales dramatically, they might be mistaken. As has been heavily stated before, Pikmin is a single-player experience, and for StarFox, the major reason people didn't buy it as it was a REMAKE.

So if lack of online is the death of Nintendo games, go ahead and jump the boat into freezing cold waters. You may end up regretting it.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

170. Posted:

Starfox seemed a better fit for online though with its multiplayer, Pikmin 3 is better off with just Local multiplayer. I'm still hoping it'll have this for the story mode, that'll be awesome. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

171. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Well since miyamoto said star fox 643d might be the series last if it did not sell well

What? Post or it didn't happen.

Brando67854321 wrote:

well it was nice knowing the star fox franchise but now the series is dead!

[/div]

You'd like to think that wouldn't you. People said that about Kid Icarus. WHICH WAS ACTUALLY DEAD.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Thanks lack of online play!

[/div]

Why, you're welcome Joey!

Brando67854321 wrote:

I heard wii u games are 60 dollars!

[/div]

A rumor? OMG GUIZ ITS HAPPENING.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Considering miyamoto said no online & said local play Is fun I fell insulted. :(

[/div]

Because he said that playing with your friends in the same room is fun you feel insulted. Yeah, Ok. You and I have quite different definitions of fun.

Look, it would be amazing if Pikmin 3 had online. But it doesn't. Neither did StarFox. But if people think that those affect the sales dramatically, they might be mistaken. As has been heavily stated before, Pikmin is a single-player experience, and for StarFox, the major reason people didn't buy it as it was a REMAKE.

So if lack of online is the death of Nintendo games, go ahead and jump the boat into freezing cold waters. You may end up regretting it.

Oh you will see :p It wont sell well you will see :p & once again starcraft says hi with online! :p

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

172. Posted:

...Pretty sure it'll sell decently considering people have been asking for a new Pikmin game for years.

Not to mention most launch games sell pretty well because its all that's available.

Go play your Starcraft budday. :|

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

173. Posted:

I expect it to play pretty well.
It's one of Nintendo's biggest first party games coming out early in the Wii U's life (Mario being the only bigger one) and I'd expect that a lot of people buying the system will choose this as one of the first titles they get.
This is certainly my highest priority out of any Wii U game announced.
I don't think anyone in the right mind is going to ignore it purely because it doesn't have online multiplayer.
If it doesn't sell well, it'll probably be due to a lack of advertisement or something like that, maybe getting left in the shadows by Mario.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

174. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Well since miyamoto said star fox 643d might be the series last if it did not sell well

[/div]

What? Post or it didn't happen.

Brando67854321 wrote:

well it was nice knowing the star fox franchise but now the series is dead!

[/div]

[/div]

You'd like to think that wouldn't you. People said that about Kid Icarus. WHICH WAS ACTUALLY DEAD.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Thanks lack of online play!

[/div]

[/div]

Why, you're welcome Joey!

Brando67854321 wrote:

I heard wii u games are 60 dollars!

[/div]

[/div]

A rumor? OMG GUIZ ITS HAPPENING.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Considering miyamoto said no online & said local play Is fun I fell insulted. :(

[/div]

[/div]

Because he said that playing with your friends in the same room is fun you feel insulted. Yeah, Ok. You and I have quite different definitions of fun.

Look, it would be amazing if Pikmin 3 had online. But it doesn't. Neither did StarFox. But if people think that those affect the sales dramatically, they might be mistaken. As has been heavily stated before, Pikmin is a single-player experience, and for StarFox, the major reason people didn't buy it as it was a REMAKE.

So if lack of online is the death of Nintendo games, go ahead and jump the boat into freezing cold waters. You may end up regretting it.

[/div]

Oh you will see :p It wont sell well you will see :p & once again starcraft says hi with online! :p

What's the deal with Starcraft? :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

175. Posted:

...Still doesn't make sense when they're two different games. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BenAV

176. Posted:

Starcraft has online, so that means if a different game doesn't have online then it's not worth buying.

...Looks like I've wasted a lot of money then, should I throw away all my non-online games?

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

177. Posted:

@BenAV no but I like to see you try. :p

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

178. Posted:

Even if Pikmin did have some sort of online, it would either be leaderboards or cooperative play. Not the multiplayer found in Starcraft. So either way, you're complaining about a lost cause, which is pointless.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

179. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Well since miyamoto said star fox 643d might be the series last if it did not sell well

[/div]

What? Post or it didn't happen.

Brando67854321 wrote:

well it was nice knowing the star fox franchise but now the series is dead!

[/div]

[/div]

You'd like to think that wouldn't you. People said that about Kid Icarus. WHICH WAS ACTUALLY DEAD.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Thanks lack of online play!

[/div]

[/div]

Why, you're welcome Joey!

Brando67854321 wrote:

I heard wii u games are 60 dollars!

[/div]

[/div]

A rumor? OMG GUIZ ITS HAPPENING.

Brando67854321 wrote:

Considering miyamoto said no online & said local play Is fun I fell insulted. :(

[/div]

[/div]

Because he said that playing with your friends in the same room is fun you feel insulted. Yeah, Ok. You and I have quite different definitions of fun.

Look, it would be amazing if Pikmin 3 had online. But it doesn't. Neither did StarFox. But if people think that those affect the sales dramatically, they might be mistaken. As has been heavily stated before, Pikmin is a single-player experience, and for StarFox, the major reason people didn't buy it as it was a REMAKE.

So if lack of online is the death of Nintendo games, go ahead and jump the boat into freezing cold waters. You may end up regretting it.

[/div]

Oh you will see :p It wont sell well you will see :p & once again starcraft says hi with online! :p

I have just one thing to say, haters gonna hate.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

180. Posted:

@Brando
What gives you the right to determine whether or not it will sell? From your disposition you are no analyst. While of course neither are the majority of us, We have valid points while your only points are 'You'll see. It doesn't have online. STARCRAFT!!!!11!'.

Strarcraft has online because, oh, I dunno... IT'S BUILT AROUND A MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE! A Game DESIGNED for competitive play! Like CoD! TF2!
Pikmin is built around a single player experience. Sure, there is a Multiplayer mode, but it's not the point of the game! A selling point maybe, but it's a feature, not the point of the entire game. Wanna know a game that the point was multiplayer? Brawl. Brawl had online. Laggy albeit, but online. Nintendo doesn't seem to want to 'waste' their resources (in their opinion, of course) making online multiplayer for games not built around it.

You obviously feel very strongly for online multiplayer in your single player strategy games. I'm not accusing you, it's fine to want. But dictating that the game will fail because it doesn't have what your notion of important game design is, is ridiculous! If you don't like it don't buy the game. But spouting and doom and gloom may just leave you in the same position as those that did so for the 3DS.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime