Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

tsm7

1,241. Posted:

So was just playing the holiday dlc level and thinking how awesome it was until I had to do my first hard shut down in months. Anyone else having an issue?

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,242. Posted:

I'm loving the new levels, especially the callback one for the Forest Navel, which apparently risen up from the ground and became a beach... The change of music is also nice.

But the Clockwork Chasm, oh man. Anyone who's played Pikmin 2 knows about those bottomless sublevels, only this time around even Captains can fall off and take a lot of damage before coming back (though this was possible in 2 though glitching). And while some of the Pikmin's screams have been pitiful in the past, Nintendo must have gone out of there way to make you feel as guilty as possible when they go tumbling over the edge in that place. It's not just a quick whine, no, you hear their cries for a good ten seconds before silence.

I think it was the first moment since I've started playing the series that I put the controller down and seriously thought just what I was doing...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,243. Posted:

So I went for that Platinum medal in Collect Treasure Beastly Caverns today, and it turned out to be quite a struggle. I'm pretty sure I did it at least 10 times, each time getting so close to finishing, with like one fruit and a few of those (obnoxious) golden nuggets left. But then, I had a good run and finally beat it with 0:54 seconds left! Seriously, how does that happen? XD

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,244. Posted:

I like the game very much... but graphically, they could've done better. Fruits ad some other objects look good, but in this day and age there's absolutely no excuse for the Gamecube- esque ground textures and such.

Cia

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,245. Posted:

Faron wrote:

I like the game very much... but graphically, they could've done better. Fruits ad some other objects look good, but in this day and age there's absolutely no excuse for the Gamecube- esque ground textures and such.

Well it was originally in development for Wii.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,246. Posted:

Faron wrote:

I thought it was fine. Honestly I would have liked the graphics to look worse in order to get more content for the game. As much as I like challenge mode, story mode just doesn't do it for me. Too short, too easy.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,247. Posted:

Faron wrote:

I agree that technically the game had some issues, but they usually did a fantastic job of hiding that stuff or distracting you with how good its realistic but not at all aesthetic is. Though you can tell it started as a Wii game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,248. Posted:

After thinking things through, I've come to the conclusion that I like both 2 and 3 equally. In other words one isn't better or worse then other IMO. Just as a few examples, 2 had more to do, more interesting items to collect, and the Piklopedia, but the challenge and multiplayer was rather lackluster and too much time was spent underground. 3 was the best graphically, had the most improvements control-wise, more variety and detail in locations, the extra modes were more thought out and have since expanded, but the number of species was a step down from 2, the story mode was too short, and the lack of the Piklopedia, one of my favorite features of 2, was a big disappointment.

There's plenty more I could say, but it'd take a lot of space.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,249. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

After thinking things through, I've come to the conclusion that I like both 2 and 3 equally. In other words one isn't better or worse then other IMO. Just as a few examples, 2 had more to do, more interesting items to collect, and the Piklopedia, but the challenge and multiplayer was rather lackluster and too much time was spent underground. 3 was the best graphically, had the most improvements control-wise, more variety and detail in locations, the extra modes were more thought out and have since expanded, but the number of species was a step down from 2, the story mode was too short, and the lack of the Piklopedia, one of my favorite features of 2, was a big disappointment.

There's plenty more I could say, but it'd take a lot of space.

I have a similar opinion, but a big issue for me is that after Pikmin 3, going back to Pikmin 2, specifically with the controls, feels way to clunky. I know I liked the controls from Pikmin 2 better at first, but now that I'm used to Pikmin 3 it's so hard to go back, lol. Also; mind blowing difference in graphics. I never realized...

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

arronishere

1,250. Posted:

Is the DLC any good and can anyone recommend which DLC pack to try 1st?

arronishere

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,251. Posted:

arronishere wrote:

Is the DLC any good and can anyone recommend which DLC pack to try 1st?

If you like collect treasure, definitely buy 11 - ... (the one that costs 5 euros). Level 7 - 10 are "remixes" of the other levels. 11 - ... also includes new maps. :)

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

1,252. Posted:

The two DLC packs I download are really worth it. The $4.99 pack and the $2.99 Kill All Monster pack.. (not sure of exact name.)

I really wish this game had online co-op for the missions and especially the Bingo Battles.. that would be awesome. My friends never come over so I definitely don't get to play that enough. It's a fun game.

As far as my favorite Pikmin game goes, it's definitely 3. The first one being my second, just because it was just awesome when it first came out and burned into my memory as a great game. 2 was good and all.. but my god, I never want to play it again. Way too much underground and the incessant ringing of that treasure finder will always be burned into my brain. During the time I was playing that game, that ringing would haunt my dreams.. lol. Almost ruined the game for me.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

Cia

1,253. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

Faron wrote:

I thought it was fine. Honestly I would have liked the graphics to look worse in order to get more content for the game. As much as I like challenge mode, story mode just doesn't do it for me. Too short, too easy.

How is this game short? I've been playing the story mode a week, and i'm still not close to finish (i think). This is something that truly baffles me since i've heard the complaint elsewhere too. The only reason i can come up with, is that the people complaining it to be short are constantly looking walkthroughs from internet for how to progress.

Cia

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,254. Posted:

Faron wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

Faron wrote:

How is this game short? I've been playing the story mode a week, and i'm still not close to finish (i think). This is something that truly baffles me since i've heard the complaint elsewhere too. The only reason i can come up with, is that the people complaining it to be short are constantly looking walkthroughs from internet for how to progress.

I guess to reword it, the story is short for devoted Pikmin fans (such as myself) who replay it over and over to get the best time and no-death runs. I ran through it blind and still beat it fairly quickly since I've played the other two a number of times and was all too familiar with the mechanics and such, even with the changes made.

To put it simply, the story mode is too short from a certain perspective.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,255. Posted:

do you guys think there's any chance they'll add new dlc?

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,256. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Faron wrote:

I guess to reword it, the story is short for devoted Pikmin fans (such as myself) who replay it over and over to get the best time and no-death runs. I ran through it blind and still beat it fairly quickly since I've played the other two a number of times and was all too familiar with the mechanics and such, even with the changes made.

^ Basically this. Coming into Pikmin 3 after playing through Pikmin 2 at least four times, the game definitely looked nicer and played much more fluidly, but lacking the underground tunnels of 2 made the game feel much more constrained and shorter. The enemies were also noticeably easier in 3; I missed the (often unfair) conglomerate of enemies that appear in the underground tunnels in 2, and no boss was as ferocious (and memorable) as the terrors that were the Pileated Snagret, Segmented Crawbster, and Man-at-Legs. I think the only boss in 3 that gave me a run for my money was the first one.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,257. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Faron wrote:

^ Basically this. Coming into Pikmin 3 after playing through Pikmin 2 at least four times, the game definitely looked nicer and played much more fluidly, but lacking the underground tunnels of 2 made the game feel much more constrained and shorter. The enemies were also noticeably easier in 3; I missed the (often unfair) conglomerate of enemies that appear in the underground tunnels in 2, and no boss was as ferocious (and memorable) as the terrors that were the Pileated Snagret, Segmented Crawbster, and Man-at-Legs. I think the only boss in 3 that gave me a run for my money was the first one.

That's another good point. The creatures in 3, while creative, were not challenging whatsoever. Bulborbs (what few of them returned from 2 since over half of them are gone) got horribly nerfed with the eye attack strategy, something you'd never do in Pikmin 1 or 2, the poor Borrowing Snagret is a joke against Winged Pikmin, and even the dreaded Wollywogs aren't that big of a threat. And those are just a few examples. Not to mention the cut vs new ratio is rather disappointing. As stated before, we lost most of the Bulborb family (such as all the Bulblaxes) and only got one new species in return. Then there's the Jellyfloats, Dweevils, Dirigibugs, and others that got axed.

Though I guess to look on a positive note the enemy placement in 3 does look more a lot more realistic unlike 2 where you'd see a dozen animals, from several different species at that, all with two inches from each other. But like you said it did make things more interesting in terms of strategy.

AuthorMessage

Kodeen

1,258. Posted:

So I just got this game last night, and I don't know if this is because I'm still in the 'intro days' or if this is really how the game is designed, but if you're playing with the wiimote or pro controller, is there anyway to view the map on your TV?

Kodeen

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,259. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

do you guys think there's any chance they'll add new dlc?

If it sold well I see no reason why not. I just recently bought the dlc, so I can't wait to try it all out. The other side of me just wants a Pikmin 4 though :)

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,260. Posted:

Kodeen wrote:

So I just got this game last night, and I don't know if this is because I'm still in the 'intro days' or if this is really how the game is designed, but if you're playing with the wiimote or pro controller, is there anyway to view the map on your TV?

No, it's designed that way. I used the wiimote and putted the pad next to me for use of the map and giving orders. I would not see a reason to use the pro controller, you are better off using the gamepad.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten