Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,221. Posted:

gaming_24_7 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

When you bring them back to your onion you'll be able to spin a wheel and get a random "power". The falling stones are one of those.

Of course, I know. I'm sorry, I was a little unclear.

But I think the stones are way too strong. On the other hand the lightning bold is very weak. It's surprising but not really dangerous. Even when a bomb has exploded after lightning stroke, the pikmin are unharmed.

My experience was pretty much the opposite. Every time my opponent summoned rocks, I was always able to continue running and avoid them. However, every time I got hit by a lightening strike, my opponent always tried to use it when I was near an enemy, so it would eat my Pikmin before I could whistle them back

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,222. Posted:

I'm amused that this game is no longer worth discussion now that it's more than a month old. :V

But wow...I think I was way too conservative playing this game, since I always had a ton of extra Pikmin. That last level is probably more difficult instead of really long if you actually try to complete it quickly. Which to be fair, is clearly the point. This game is really made for replaying. Especially the multiple characters aspect which tbh I only found moderately useful at most, but would be way better if you already know what to do and where.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the final level was an idea they did again in another game, it was a really, really good idea.

Oddly while I think this is arguably the best game in an already really solid group of games for this series, I have to admit I agree with the critics, the lack of co-op is a serious disappointment in single player. It could add so much to this game, more than most co-op games, and I really hope they're given the chance to do that in Pikmin 4.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,223. Posted:

I actually found myself planning a lot throughout the game. There were few moments that I actually had the whole team together. I had quite some fun trying to be as economical as possible. I was actually a bit surprised when I realized the ending was near. Felt a bit sudden maybe?

Now that the framework is here, I do hope they go all out with pikmin 4 and add things like coop as kkslider mentioned :)

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,224. Posted:

A few days ago I did another run and got a new personal record of 15 days, just 5 short of the 10 days it takes for the shortest amount of time for 100% completion.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,225. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

A few days ago I did another run and got a new personal record of 15 days, just 5 short of the 10 days it takes for the shortest amount of time for 100% completion.

:o impressive...my first round was within 30 days or so. hmm, need to improve this!

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

1,226. Posted:

Gee, you guys are fast! I finished my the game in about 69 days (I THINK), and for the last couple of days I managed to gather all the fruit leftovers to get a 100%. It's taken quite a while, considering I got this on the release date. But I do work a lot, so I think I have a pretty good excuse for it:P It's the first Pikmin game I've played, and I love it sooo much!

EDIT: Took just over 80 days to fetch all the fruits and 100% it.

Edited on by DdFixen

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,227. Posted:

Hurray for DLC!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,228. Posted:

So I've downloaded the first set. I have to admit, if I didn't know that there will be more DLC packs after this one, I'd be disappointed because these are the same levels only mixed around with some differences (like enemies, Pikmin types, treasures, and environment hazards like water). But I'll give it some slack since this is the first set, as long as the others ones down the road feature areas present in the multiplayer mode.

Also be prepared for a serious challenge because those mixed up levels are tough. :o

AuthorMessage

gaming_24_7

1,229. Posted:

The DLC ist a great idea for mission and battle mode. I've downloaded the package, which is very cheap (1.99) and I'm very happy about the new missions. I guess the Co-Op-Mode is the best part in Pikmin 3 and now we have five new missions to play.
If the DLC sells well, Nintendo will probably design complete new levels and charge a higher price.

Edited on by gaming_24_7

gaming_24_7

Nintendo Network ID: Chandlero

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,230. Posted:

The enemy missions are seriously quite difficult for me. You clearly have to get pretty good at your multi-tasking, which I am not for this game.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,231. Posted:

I'm loving the new enemy missions. They are all remixes of the story mode maps, only with the extra sections (like caves for example) blocked off. And someone must have thought there was a severe lack of Snagrets, because they are freaking everywhere! 3 out of the 5 new maps to be exact. But considering they are my favorite Pikmin creature, I'm happy about it. :)

The last mission looks absolutely impossible though. :o

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,232. Posted:

Yes! Just like the multiplayer levels, mission mode is getting original areas! You can even slide around a freaking Christmas tree! And play as Olimar and Louie! HYPE!!!!

AuthorMessage

Emblem

1,233. Posted:

That DLC looks nice, i'm really happy with how they have been handling it. Free stuff for everyone and extra's for those who can afford/want to pay for more. This is the game i got my Wii U for and i have not been disappointed.

Also playing multiplayer is sooooooo much fun! I love bingo battle but working together and coordinating in the other modes is a blast. I really hope the next one has an online mode to compliment Local- co-op for those who have no one else to play with.

Emblem

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

1,234. Posted:

I'm really having trouble with the last level on this game. It seems pretty difficult and forces you to rush considering the rest of the game has been easy and relatively laid back. Olimar just seems to keep getting sucked in to the wraith and I have no idea where I'm going. Can anyone provide some advice?

Favourite games of all time: Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, THe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Halo 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last Of Us.

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

luke17

1,235. Posted:

Jimtendo wrote:

I'm really having trouble with the last level on this game. It seems pretty difficult and forces you to rush considering the rest of the game has been easy and relatively laid back. Olimar just seems to keep getting sucked in to the wraith and I have no idea where I'm going. Can anyone provide some advice?

Separate your squad having the blob following Brittany around "the loop" near the beginning of the cave. Get her out in front to buy time, then take control of the rest of your squad to advance the level. However, you'll have to switch back to Brittany once the blob gets close. Again, set her course to circle the loop right before it drops back off near the entrance to the cave. Repeat this over and over as many times as it takes for your crew to advance through the level. Basically you making the blob chase Brittany in a circle while your crew does all the dirty work. Once they are at the end, you can go back to get her. Make sense? Try it.

luke17

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,236. Posted:

Jimtendo wrote:

It's best to do the final boss over several days (though with enough skill the entire process can be done in one). For the first day you want to focus on clearing a path.

Once the first area is cleared of enemies knock down the triangular bag in the corner of where the first tile shard pile is. After that done keep moving Brittany with Olimar around in a big circle of that area (she'll let you know if the Wraith is getting too close) while the other two captains go ahead into the next area.

You'll need blue/winged to build the blue bridges and yellows to grow the plant platforms. Toss one of the captains and some yellows over some gaps after the first blue bridge is built to illuminated more platforms, knock down a wall, and flip over a board with winged Pikmin. When all that is finished bring Brittany outside. Note that the tasks listed might take two days.

After Olimar emerges from the cave, go to the end of the day. When you come back again the Plasm Wraith will still be right next to the base. If you want minimum Pikmin loss, use rock Pikmin since they are immune to the Wraith's stabbing attacks. Just be careful of the element attacks. Depending how good you are, it can take anywhere from half to a full day or more to defeat the Plasm Wraith.

AuthorMessage

Reverandjames

1,237. Posted:

@luke17 @WingedSnagret Thanks guys, this is a lot of help. I thought I had to get it done in one day, and now I know to split Brittany off and make her run round in circles with the plasma wraith chasing her, while getting on with the task at hand with the others.

What happens at the end of the day then with Olimar? Does he just appear back with the wraith again at the start of the next day?

Favourite games of all time: Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Final Fantasy 7, THe Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Halo 3, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Last Of Us.

3DS Friend Code: 3351-4036-0835 | Nintendo Network ID: Reverandjames | Twitter: James_wright85

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,238. Posted:

@Jimtendo If you haven't gotten him out of the cave before the day ends then the Plasm Wraith just has him again at the top of the tower the next morning, only the work you did before like defeating enemies, building bridges, ect. will be saved so you should be able to run right through.

If Olimar has been carried outside before the day ends the Plasm Wraith will be in the area right next to your base and will also sustain any damage you dealt it the previous day during the final battle sequence.

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,239. Posted:

Man, you really have to be good at multitasking in mission mode. I play the Formidable Oak stage for Battle Enemies and I'm like "How the heck am I supposed to get gold in under 6 minutes?!" lol.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,240. Posted:

Was anyone hopinf for some Olimer based story DLC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70