Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,328

AuthorMessage

luke17

1,201. Posted:

It also is confusing to me what the point of the pikmin spawn flowers are. It seems even if the block is blue for example....and red pikmin carry it off,,,,it sprouts red pikmin instead of blue. So what is the point of having diff colored flowers? Sorry for all the questions this is my first pikmin game and like i said above....im playing w no guide

luke17

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,202. Posted:

luke17 wrote:

It also is confusing to me what the point of the pikmin spawn flowers are. It seems even if the block is blue for example....and red pikmin carry it off,,,,it sprouts red pikmin instead of blue. So what is the point of having diff colored flowers? Sorry for all the questions this is my first pikmin game and like i said above....im playing w no guide

the color of the text for the numbers above what they are carrying determines the Pikmin you get (which itself is determined by what type the majority of Pikmin are who are carrying it)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Bill_89

1,203. Posted:

Hey guys, new member here, although certainly not new to forums.

I mostly joined to share how much I love Pikmin 3 (who knows, I might stick around for other stuff too). I'm a long time member on Zelda Universe, but there wasn't nearly enough Pikmin love there, so here am I am. I am very heartened to see 60 pages of discussion!

Pikmin 3 is my favorite Nintendo game in years and easily the best (and possibly only compelling) use of the Game Pad we've seen. The Koppad is a real game changer, and the ability to control three captains simultaneously takes the multi-tasking to an unprecedented level. I'm working my way through my second play-through and it just gets better and better. Unlike recent Zelda games, I feel a tremendous sense of exploration and freedom. Pikmin 3 offers a highly customizable experience and you can play it in a lot of different ways.

I have a lot to say on the topic of Pikmin, but I'll cut this intial post off here so I don't alienate everyone!

Bill_89

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,204. Posted:

There is a manual, you can access it via the home button.

The flowers changing colors just shows that it can be either kind of pikmin. The type is decided by what majority of pikmin brings it to the ship.

The pikmin only need to be in your control at the end of the day.

When doing the waggle attack, make sure you are locked on. Tap Z with the cursor over the enemy or object, and when you see the screen have the name of the object and the blue effect, the waggle will send all your pikmin. If you are not locked on, waggle will just scatter the pikmin and they will just attack something if it is right next to them.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,205. Posted:

@luke17
If you have the correct color of Pikmin carry their color, you get double the number.
I.E. A red Pikmin carries a "1" red pellet, you get 2 red Pikmin. If a blue Pikmin carries a red "1" pellet, you 1 blue Pikmin.

It just makes it so you can get more with the appropriate color. Like KK said, the number above the Pikmin is colored, too. That's so you can tell which color of pikmin has the carry priority for spawning Pikmin.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

luke17

1,206. Posted:

thanks for your help guys...alot of nuances to learn about this game for sure. One more quick question.....let's say I'm on day 28. What happens if I go back and replay day 26? How does that affect your day 28 stats if you improved your performance?

Edited on by luke17

luke17

AuthorMessage

willobee

1,207. Posted:

If you replay day 26, upon completion it will ask if you want to save. Doing so erases any days after, so 27 and 28 would be gone completely.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,208. Posted:

luke17 wrote:

Has anyone else had issues w the controls? I'm using the wiimote and nunchuk w the gamepad as a map. I specifically have trouble when fighting bosses and utilizing the mass attack w the z button nunchuk waggle trick. The camera always seems to be pointed in the wrong direction or the waggle makes the pikmin attack, but not directly at the boss. I had major issues when i just finished fighting the next to last boss (plant boss w feet). I lost 90 pikmin in that battle! Also, on a side note i JUST figured out that u dont have to return w your pikmin within the ship circle b4 the timer runs out.....you only have to have them under your control right? I think reading a manual would have helped but i downloaded it....not sure if there IS one??

There IS a manual for the downloaded version. Just open the home menu and open the manual. I think the game mentions that you just need to have your Pikmin within the safety zone anyway, but I'm not sure. Also I'm not exactly sure what your problem is? With the wii remote and nunchuck, poiint at the place you want to lock-on to, then hold Z for a few moments. After that, you can let go (or keep holding it, your choice really), and just shake the nunchuck to have your Pikmin charge where your cursor is pointed at. You can charge multiple times, as long as you stay locked on. You won't be locked on if your press Z again, or if you walk too far away from your target. I haven't had problems with it, but keep on practicing I guess?

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

rjejr

1,209. Posted:

SPOILER SPOILER SPOLIER SPOILER

Anybody else think the game should have ended better? By that I mean w/o forcing the ending. I've played plenty of games where at the end they just ask you if you want to continue. Just ask - do you want leave or collect more fruit? - and then grade you after you leave - say 30 bronze 40 silver 50 gold 66 platinum or something. I know I can just go back a day, but I'ld rather the ending gave me a choice to leave or stay. Or a warning - I've had several games say - no item shops after this point, or final boss ahead. Just seemed wrong, like they took the easy way out without even trying.

BTW - beat the game in 24 or 25 days but only had 26 fruit (24 jars maybe?) and just under 400 dead Pikmin (I hated Oak and stopped trying) as I just followed the story along, it didn't really seem to open itself up for dilly dalying.

rjejr

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,210. Posted:

So I had a weird little glitch happen last night. I was fighting the 3rd boss in tropical level (screw remembering names!) and was close to defeating it when I noticed some holes surrounding the area. I thought throwing Pikmin would take too long so I decided to just use the lock-on/disband technique, thinking maybe it would work somehow despite it being on a cliff (though I doubted it). After avoiding some attacks, I tried to call them with the whistle, but none of them would respond and after a while I just shut it off before the day could end.

AuthorMessage

aboyd1

1,211. Posted:

Pikmin 3 or rayman legends? I'm going to get one now and wait for Christmas for the other, which one now? Is pikmin a Nintendo game (ie price fixed high) and rayman may get discounted much more than a Nintendo franchise.

Also where has the best price for physical copy?

aboyd1

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,212. Posted:

@aboyd1

As much as a Pikmin fan that I am, I would say get Rayman Legends. You'll be playing it much longer than Pikmin 3, unless Pikmin 3 comes out with some DLC soon (I doubt it though). Definitely get try to get both games, but Rayman Legends will give you more play time than Pikmin 3. Both games had me HOOKED which is bad for my GPA, but good for my entertainment.

Also, Amazon would probably be your best bet for lowest price for physical copies, unless you buy them used from a local game store of course.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,213. Posted:

When do you come across the Blue Pikmin? :o

I just rescued Captain Charlie and am on my way back to the Tropical Wilds. There's a lot of fruit in areas with water so I'd love to have some blues with me soon o:

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,214. Posted:

I'm very suspicious about the 4th area. So far I've lost 0 Pikmin here...in the 4th area in Pikmin. As I just fixed that bridge before the day ended...I have a feeling I should be very prepared going over to get the next onion.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,215. Posted:

@Emaan To give you a hint without spoiling anything, you'll need to defeat a certain boss before being able to find them.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,216. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm very suspicious about the 4th area. So far I've lost 0 Pikmin here...in the 4th area in Pikmin. As I just fixed that bridge before the day ended...I have a feeling I should be very prepared going over to get the next onion.

I honestly thought that was the easiest one...if we're both thinking of the same area of course, which I believe we are.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

gaming_24_7

1,217. Posted:

What do you think about the Bingo Battle in Pikmin 3?

I play it every evening with my wife and I'm very thrilled by the gameplay and fun. The courses are diversified and the bingo system alters every battle.

However, I don't understand why I always have more cherrys than my counterpart. And what is about the falling stones? I always lose half of my army when the stones have fallen.

gaming_24_7

Nintendo Network ID: Chandlero

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,218. Posted:

gaming_24_7 wrote:

What do you think about the Bingo Battle in Pikmin 3?

I play it every evening with my wife and I'm very thrilled by the gameplay and fun. The courses are diversified and the bingo system alters every battle.

However, I don't understand why I always have more cherrys than my counterpart. And what is about the falling stones? I always lose half of my army when the stones have fallen.

I think bingo battle is a great deal of fun. The cherrys keep being dropped as the battle progresses. And as far as I know they are dropped randomly.
You do know what these cherrys do right? When you bring them back to your onion you'll be able to spin a wheel and get a random "power". The falling stones are one of those.

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

gaming_24_7

1,219. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

When you bring them back to your onion you'll be able to spin a wheel and get a random "power". The falling stones are one of those.

Of course, I know. I'm sorry, I was a little unclear.

But I think the stones are way too strong. On the other hand the lightning bold is very weak. It's surprising but not really dangerous. Even when a bomb has exploded after lightning stroke, the pikmin are unharmed.

Edited on by gaming_24_7

gaming_24_7

Nintendo Network ID: Chandlero

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

1,220. Posted:

It's ideal for when you're about to steal whatever the other team is carrying though :)

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten