Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,335

AuthorMessage
tsm7

tsm7

1,181. Posted:

Has anyone beaten Story mode and started over Day 1? I want to play through the game again but I know it deletes everything. I was wondering if it deletes the "Top 5" and the secret files as well.

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

AuthorMessage
Auracle

Auracle

1,182. Posted:

@CapnPancakes - Yep. Pikmin really forces you to think on your toes and encourages risks.
I remember my first playthrough ended on Day 30 with Pikmin extinction. I had all but the final ship piece and the final boss wiped out my few remaining Pikmin. I escaped the planet, but I felt terrible. Suffice it to say, I've gotten better now.

I foresee what you'll do there.
Amiibo: Mario, Lucario (2), Toon Link, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Gold Mario, Mario (SM), Silver Mario, Inkling Squid, Lucina, Ness, Wario
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
Kewlan

Kewlan

1,183. Posted:

tsm7 wrote:

Has anyone beaten Story mode and started over Day 1? I want to play through the game again but I know it deletes everything. I was wondering if it deletes the "Top 5" and the secret files as well.

It does NOT delete your record. The game report, as you see when you complete the game which says how many days you took, how many Pikmin died and how many fruit you got, is saved in the Top 5, and worldwide leader-boards.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

1,184. Posted:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

1,185. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
MasterWario

MasterWario

1,186. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Or even 20 seconds.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
Check out my LittleBigPlanet 2 Story! It's difficult, so prepare yourself!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

1,187. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Or even 20 seconds.

20 seconds is technically under 5 minutes ain't it?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
MasterWario

MasterWario

1,188. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Or even 20 seconds.

20 seconds is technically under 5 minutes ain't it?

What is that supposed to mean? Your comment confuses me for these reasons:

A) So is 4:59, but that's pretty far from 20 seconds.

B) 1 second is also under 5 minutes, but it's probably impossible to complete the boss in that time. To say that 20 seconds is concretely implied under your statement would also imply that 1 second is, which would be just cruel, to have anyone reading this forum go mad thinking that the boss is actually beatable in 1 second because fellow Nintendolifers said so.

C) If Nintendolife told you that Super Smash Bros. Wii U would be released within 5 years, would you be upset at another trusted website (perhaps even Nintendo themselves) that told you it was actually going to be released within 20 days, because Nintendolife already told you it would be released within 5 years? I would assume not.

D) To say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 100 days doesn't hold much to people who have beaten the game in, say 50. But to say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 10 days is an incredible notion, and requires further investigation to such people, if they are interested of course.

E) If you finish a test in 5 minutes, who in the world is gonna say "Well 5-min is technically under the 45-min time limit!"? Seriously -_-

Well, an enjoyable logic session there for me; I look forward to any refutes that may arise.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
Check out my LittleBigPlanet 2 Story! It's difficult, so prepare yourself!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

1,189. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Or even 20 seconds.

20 seconds is technically under 5 minutes ain't it?

What is that supposed to mean? Your comment confuses me for these reasons:

A) So is 4:59, but that's pretty far from 20 seconds.

B) 1 second is also under 5 minutes, but it's probably impossible to complete the boss in that time. To say that 20 seconds is concretely implied under your statement would also imply that 1 second is, which would be just cruel, to have anyone reading this forum go mad thinking that the boss is actually beatable in 1 second because fellow Nintendolifers said so.

C) If Nintendolife told you that Super Smash Bros. Wii U would be released within 5 years, would you be upset at another trusted website (perhaps even Nintendo themselves) that told you it was actually going to be released within 20 days, because Nintendolife already told you it would be released within 5 years? I would assume not.

D) To say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 100 days doesn't hold much to people who have beaten the game in, say 50. But to say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 10 days is an incredible notion, and requires further investigation to such people, if they are interested of course.

E) If you finish a test in 5 minutes, who in the world is gonna say "Well 5-min is technically under the 45-min time limit!"? Seriously -_-

Well, an enjoyable logic session there for me; I look forward to any refutes that may arise.

I would give a refute, but you just made ME confused!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
PloXyZeRO

PloXyZeRO

1,190. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Or even 20 seconds.

20 seconds is technically under 5 minutes ain't it?

What is that supposed to mean? Your comment confuses me for these reasons:

A) So is 4:59, but that's pretty far from 20 seconds.

B) 1 second is also under 5 minutes, but it's probably impossible to complete the boss in that time. To say that 20 seconds is concretely implied under your statement would also imply that 1 second is, which would be just cruel, to have anyone reading this forum go mad thinking that the boss is actually beatable in 1 second because fellow Nintendolifers said so.

C) If Nintendolife told you that Super Smash Bros. Wii U would be released within 5 years, would you be upset at another trusted website (perhaps even Nintendo themselves) that told you it was actually going to be released within 20 days, because Nintendolife already told you it would be released within 5 years? I would assume not.

D) To say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 100 days doesn't hold much to people who have beaten the game in, say 50. But to say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 10 days is an incredible notion, and requires further investigation to such people, if they are interested of course.

E) If you finish a test in 5 minutes, who in the world is gonna say "Well 5-min is technically under the 45-min time limit!"? Seriously -_-

Well, an enjoyable logic session there for me; I look forward to any refutes that may arise.

I can't believe you took the time to type such a long post for such a short response.
Some of your arguments are fallacious for various reasons but I'm not even going to get into that.
20 seconds is indeed under five minutes. There is nothing confusing about that, right? Also, he's not implying that the boss can be defeated in one second. He stated it CAN be defeated in under five minutes, implying any possible lower time. Anyway, your argument got ridiculous after B and I stopped reading, but I think we can all agree that it can be defeated in under five minutes. Yes? Yes!

Now someone show me a video of it being defeated in 20 seconds because that actually sounds pretty cool to me

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
MasterWario

MasterWario

1,191. Posted:

Yeah, I overdo it sometimes...
Anyway here's your request.
[youtube:19N2QSFim7Q]

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
Check out my LittleBigPlanet 2 Story! It's difficult, so prepare yourself!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

1,192. Posted:

Well I've started another run only this time purely for speedrunning (still over-protective with my Pikmin though), and I came across what seems like a glitch. After defeating the Sandbelching Meerslug, I couldn't get enough Pikmin to carry it because the body was at a weird angle (it kept jittering as if it was still alive). After resetting I got enough to carry it, but once they got just beyond the paper bag ramp the head of the Meerslug somehow stuck up in midair, so the Pikmin carrying it were hovering and unable to go anywhere. Very strange...

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
PloXyZeRO

PloXyZeRO

1,193. Posted:

WHOA THAT 20 SECOND KILL WAS AMAZING. It's almost like Pikmin 2 and the purples all over again

@WingedFish..that's very strange indeed. I haven't had any problems with carrying it but I could imagine why some would occur as it's HUGE. Also if you're speed running, you should check out the Pikmin 3 thread on the speed demos archives forums if you haven't already. Lot's of useful tricks there.

Also, MilesSMB is a BEAST. He beat the game in under an hour! He also has a 100% run which is a little under three hours...wat
[youtube:gJktMjijkDg]

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

1,194. Posted:

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

this is amusing

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Let's Play MegaMan 64 (now with a playlist)!

AuthorMessage
WingedSnagret

WingedSnagret

1,195. Posted:

Beat my previous record and 100% completed in 18 days. I know I could go faster but didn't know about the tricks like getting Winged Pikmin early till I was almost finished and didn't want to go back in time. Oh well, I'll go for another round at some point, but for now there are other unfinished games I need to return to. That and I'm rather Pikmined out...

BTW, here's a cool remix of Pikmin 2's Wistful Wild.
[youtube:hF2rpWRJNdo]

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
PloXyZeRO

PloXyZeRO

1,196. Posted:

I'm going to start my second playthrough right now. I've been busy with school but I have a four day weekend so I FINALLY have some time to play again! It took me 30 days the very first time I played so hopefully I can be more efficient this time around. I didn't restart at all the first time I played either, so I also had around 500+ Pikmin deaths. I might restart if I mess up or have too many Pikmin killed just so I don't take too long

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
WebHead

WebHead

1,197. Posted:

I bought this game today and....badabababa I'm lovin' it!

Seriously, I'm on day 7 and I've had a blast. It makes you actually think and be careful. I actually feel good about being a Wii U owner again!!!

And boy is it beautiful in HD.

WebHead

Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie

1,198. Posted:

Last night on Toonami, Tom finally gave his review for the game! This is also the first Nintendo game to be reviewed by Toonami since their big comeback last year.
[youtube:YB9fV03qjno]

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

AuthorMessage
iwanttodie

iwanttodie

1,199. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Last night on Toonami, Tom finally gave his review for the game! This is also the first Nintendo game to be reviewed by Toonami since their big comeback last year.
[youtube:YB9fV03qjno]

Wow. I think they spoiled every single boss in that review.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage
luke17

luke17

1,200. Posted:

Has anyone else had issues w the controls? I'm using the wiimote and nunchuk w the gamepad as a map. I specifically have trouble when fighting bosses and utilizing the mass attack w the z button nunchuk waggle trick. The camera always seems to be pointed in the wrong direction or the waggle makes the pikmin attack, but not directly at the boss. I had major issues when i just finished fighting the next to last boss (plant boss w feet). I lost 90 pikmin in that battle! Also, on a side note i JUST figured out that u dont have to return w your pikmin within the ship circle b4 the timer runs out.....you only have to have them under your control right? I think reading a manual would have helped but i downloaded it....not sure if there IS one??

luke17