Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

Smitherenez

1,161. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

@WingedFish I thought Miyamoto was unsure it was possible in Pikmin 3.

That's madness. You're not the "biggest Pikmin fan on NL" for nothing.

I also did that ;) Check the previous page! Oh and welcome to the club WingedFish! :D

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage

astros75

1,162. Posted:

Just passed the game... and loved it!! Truly a unique and amazing game with such stunning environments. Can't wait to start with the mission mode now

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage

DePapier

1,163. Posted:

Smitherenez wrote:

DePapier wrote:

@WingedFish I thought Miyamoto was unsure it was possible in Pikmin 3.

That's madness. You're not the "biggest Pikmin fan on NL" for nothing.

I also did that ;) Check the previous page! Oh and welcome to the club WingedFish! :D

Wow... I'm just lost for words...

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,164. Posted:

Only on Day 2 but so far I have basically no issue with the game. Except the camera. I have no interest in playing the game with the gamepad (because the Wiimote gameplay is as amazing as everyone said) so awkwardly switching to that and trying to take pictures with everything still moving (especially time) kinda kills the appeal to me (that and my refusal to post a message until I overthink a single joke).

Otherwise, game seems quite awesome, filled with personality and fun. And it IS kinda cool how you can immediately switch controller option by just pressing the button on a different controller.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

1,165. Posted:

Slowly beating the game with the gamepad. Yeah sometimes the stick is frustrating in frantic moments against bosses but I'm givin 'er lol

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,166. Posted:

I have a biology project where I need to make an evolution chart with at least 5 evolution, with something new every time

Any ideas on how I can do this with Pikmin enemies? They don't actually need to be related in the Pikmin universe, but I thought it would be funny to use Pikmin enemies

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,167. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

I have a biology project where I need to make an evolution chart with at least 5 evolution, with something new every time

Any ideas on how I can do this with Pikmin enemies? They don't actually need to be related in the Pikmin universe, but I thought it would be funny to use Pikmin enemies

Try Bulborbs. There are many species in different forms, aka Red/Orange/Hairy Bulborb, Spotty Bulbear, Emporer/Empress/Fiery Bulbax, Larva, Whiptongue, and all the dwarf varieties (though besides the Dwarf Bulbear which are babies the rest are actually Breadbugs). Water Dumples are also said to be related to them.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,168. Posted:

Thanks for the suggestion!
Since this is a group project, my group had our...creative differences...and we ended up with this.

Untitled

This isn't the actual project (obviously), but they're going to turn the fiery blowhog into something that looks more like a bulborb (a bulborb with the snout of a blowhog basically, maybe call it oculus draconus) and turn the vehemoth phosbat into a fiery bulblax...with wings...lol. The end results will be interesting to say the least

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

1,169. Posted:

To anyone having trouble with any boss: target them and shake the wiimote or gamepad to charge. This wittles down any enemies' health very quickly.
@Wings I didn't know that! I'm really loving what I'm learning about the franchise lately. :)

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

1,170. Posted:

@WingedFish - Have you ever thought about changing your username to @WingedPikmin? :D

I don't own Pikmin 3, but my bro does (How dare he buy it before me!). We have been working on the challenge mode together, though. I've been pretty impressed with that. It provides some stiff challenges without feeling unfair. I do like the separation of treasure collecting levels and enemy defeating levels. Those different approaches test both micromanaging and combat skills. It's too bad that Purple/White Pikmin were nerfed, though. I understand why, but it's still a shame.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,171. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

It's too bad that Purple/White Pikmin were nerfed

I haven't really used whites that much...how are they nerfed? Do they not deal as much damage when they're eaten or something? I did notice the difference with purples though. Purples in Pikmin 2 made the game SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOooOOO000OOOo0o0o0o much easier, but I don't feel like I'm cheating when I use them in this game!

MrSRArter wrote:

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,172. Posted:

Yeah I was gonna try to do lots with the camera and Miiverse comments but I'm really gonna have to limit that if I want to accomplish anything. Probably for the best as it interrupts the game so much.

The good news though is that rock pikmin...are like rocks. Thank you for this insight, game.

AuthorMessage

stormz96

1,173. Posted:

This game is perfexellence! Best wii u game so far! And it's awesome that this game is actually selling really well, I worry about the wii u

I'm not crying, ok? I'm just allergic to jerks!

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

1,174. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

I haven't really used whites that much...how are they nerfed? Do they not deal as much damage when they're eaten or something? I did notice the difference with purples though. Purples in Pikmin 2 made the game SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOooOOO000OOOo0o0o0o much easier, but I don't feel like I'm cheating when I use them in this game!

Like you said, the White Pikmin don't do near as much damage when eaten. The damage is now only a fraction of what is used to be. They also have been weakened in their fighting skills and are never given any opportunities to use their hidden treasure vision/poison resistance.
Purple Pikmin still preform their trademark ground-pound, but it does nothing. There is no extra impact damage or stunning capability.
Purple Pikmin did seem over powered in Pikmin 2, but I can understand why. During the cave sequences when one could not access the Onion, it was helpful to have a Purple Pikmin to help defeat the more dangerous enemies in order to help preserve numbers.
While I think White Pikmin were weakened a bit too much, I believe the changes made to both types were overall beneficial to the Pikmin 3 challenge mode.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,175. Posted:

If you have Pikmin 2 is it worth buying Pikmin 1 (it's pretty hard to find, i'll have to buy it secondhand)

I already have Pikmin 3. Love both.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,176. Posted:

it's a fun little game, but I wouldn't say Pikmin 1 is much of a priority unless you really, really want a more difficult version of the limited days part of 3.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,177. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

Like you said, the White Pikmin don't do near as much damage when eaten. The damage is now only a fraction of what is used to be. They also have been weakened in their fighting skills and are never given any opportunities to use their hidden treasure vision/poison resistance.
Purple Pikmin still preform their trademark ground-pound, but it does nothing. There is no extra impact damage or stunning capability.
Purple Pikmin did seem over powered in Pikmin 2, but I can understand why. During the cave sequences when one could not access the Onion, it was helpful to have a Purple Pikmin to help defeat the more dangerous enemies in order to help preserve numbers.
While I think White Pikmin were weakened a bit too much, I believe the changes made to both types were overall beneficial to the Pikmin 3 challenge mode.

I've used Purples once in P3's challenge mode, and lost 3 trying to kill a Dwarf Bulborb, no joke. I figured they would home in before doing the ground slam, but nope. Kinda sad really.

Also, I find it funny how electricity went from being an instant-kill element in 2 to becoming the only one in the series that doesn't kill Pikmin directly.

P.S. @True_Hero I've been thinking of changing my name to SirSnagret actually, and my avatar would be a Snagret wearing a fancy top hat and monocle. Still haven't gotten around to that though...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Tuurtledove

1,178. Posted:

Not entirely sure whether this qualifies as an Easter Egg. So Consider it a little surprise feature perhaps

And I'm not entirely sure whether it's been mentioned in the previous 58 pages someplace, Though if you happen to wait on the "Day Selection" menu screen for about a minute you'll begin to see little "Pikmin-Shaped" star constellations appear and disappear at random intervals. It's certainly a small feature, Though an adorable one nevertheless

"We Breathe These Lies Underneath Falling Skies"

Nintendo Network ID: Tuurtledove

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,179. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

it's a fun little game, but I wouldn't say Pikmin 1 is much of a priority unless you really, really want a more difficult version of the limited days part of 3.

Still bought it, couldn't resist xD I found it new for 18 euros (wii version). Pikmin 2 is so amazing, even if Pikmin 1 is less impressive I don't care, I want the complete series. I'm so glad you guys convinced me to buy Pikmin 3 (I thought the trailers sucked), I really discovered a whole new world because of it :')

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,180. Posted:

@Miss_Dark
I really enjoyed Pikmin 1, so I think you made a great choice. It's a short but sweet experience that has a lot of memorable moments. Unlike a lot of people, I actually liked the sense of urgency the time limit gave you.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes