Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,331

Auracle

PloXyZeRO wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

It's too bad that Purple/White Pikmin were nerfed

I haven't really used whites that much...how are they nerfed? Do they not deal as much damage when they're eaten or something? I did notice the difference with purples though. Purples in Pikmin 2 made the game SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOooOOO000OOOo0o0o0o much easier, but I don't feel like I'm cheating when I use them in this game!

Like you said, the White Pikmin don't do near as much damage when eaten. The damage is now only a fraction of what is used to be. They also have been weakened in their fighting skills and are never given any opportunities to use their hidden treasure vision/poison resistance.
Purple Pikmin still preform their trademark ground-pound, but it does nothing. There is no extra impact damage or stunning capability.
Purple Pikmin did seem over powered in Pikmin 2, but I can understand why. During the cave sequences when one could not access the Onion, it was helpful to have a Purple Pikmin to help defeat the more dangerous enemies in order to help preserve numbers.
While I think White Pikmin were weakened a bit too much, I believe the changes made to both types were overall beneficial to the Pikmin 3 challenge mode.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

kkslider5552000

it's a fun little game, but I wouldn't say Pikmin 1 is much of a priority unless you really, really want a more difficult version of the limited days part of 3.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Snagrio

True_Hero wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

True_Hero wrote:

It's too bad that Purple/White Pikmin were nerfed

I haven't really used whites that much...how are they nerfed? Do they not deal as much damage when they're eaten or something? I did notice the difference with purples though. Purples in Pikmin 2 made the game SOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooOOOOOooOOO000OOOo0o0o0o much easier, but I don't feel like I'm cheating when I use them in this game!

Like you said, the White Pikmin don't do near as much damage when eaten. The damage is now only a fraction of what is used to be. They also have been weakened in their fighting skills and are never given any opportunities to use their hidden treasure vision/poison resistance.
Purple Pikmin still preform their trademark ground-pound, but it does nothing. There is no extra impact damage or stunning capability.
Purple Pikmin did seem over powered in Pikmin 2, but I can understand why. During the cave sequences when one could not access the Onion, it was helpful to have a Purple Pikmin to help defeat the more dangerous enemies in order to help preserve numbers.
While I think White Pikmin were weakened a bit too much, I believe the changes made to both types were overall beneficial to the Pikmin 3 challenge mode.

I've used Purples once in P3's challenge mode, and lost 3 trying to kill a Dwarf Bulborb, no joke. I figured they would home in before doing the ground slam, but nope. Kinda sad really.

Also, I find it funny how electricity went from being an instant-kill element in 2 to becoming the only one in the series that doesn't kill Pikmin directly.

P.S. @True_Hero I've been thinking of changing my name to SirSnagret actually, and my avatar would be a Snagret wearing a fancy top hat and monocle. Still haven't gotten around to that though...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Tuurtledove

Not entirely sure whether this qualifies as an Easter Egg. So Consider it a little surprise feature perhaps

And I'm not entirely sure whether it's been mentioned in the previous 58 pages someplace, Though if you happen to wait on the "Day Selection" menu screen for about a minute you'll begin to see little "Pikmin-Shaped" star constellations appear and disappear at random intervals. It's certainly a small feature, Though an adorable one nevertheless

"We Breathe These Lies Underneath Falling Skies"

Nintendo Network ID: Tuurtledove

ThePirateCaptain

@Miss_Dark
I really enjoyed Pikmin 1, so I think you made a great choice. It's a short but sweet experience that has a lot of memorable moments. Unlike a lot of people, I actually liked the sense of urgency the time limit gave you.

VISIT MY NEW BLOG 16-Bit Heaven.
Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

tsm7

Has anyone beaten Story mode and started over Day 1? I want to play through the game again but I know it deletes everything. I was wondering if it deletes the "Top 5" and the secret files as well.

tsm7

Nintendo Network ID: Little_Tiny_Tom

Auracle

@CapnPancakes - Yep. Pikmin really forces you to think on your toes and encourages risks.
I remember my first playthrough ended on Day 30 with Pikmin extinction. I had all but the final ship piece and the final boss wiped out my few remaining Pikmin. I escaped the planet, but I felt terrible. Suffice it to say, I've gotten better now.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Kewlan

tsm7 wrote:

Has anyone beaten Story mode and started over Day 1? I want to play through the game again but I know it deletes everything. I was wondering if it deletes the "Top 5" and the secret files as well.

It does NOT delete your record. The game report, as you see when you complete the game which says how many days you took, how many Pikmin died and how many fruit you got, is saved in the Top 5, and worldwide leader-boards.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

kkslider5552000

that first boss was shockingly challenging for a first boss.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Snagrio

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Snagrio

MasterWario

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Indeed. But once you find out the best (and safest) way to bring it down, the battle ought to be over under 5 minutes.

Or even 20 seconds.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Snagrio

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Or even 20 seconds.

20 seconds is technically under 5 minutes ain't it?

Snagrio

MasterWario

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Or even 20 seconds.

What is that supposed to mean? Your comment confuses me for these reasons:

A) So is 4:59, but that's pretty far from 20 seconds.

B) 1 second is also under 5 minutes, but it's probably impossible to complete the boss in that time. To say that 20 seconds is concretely implied under your statement would also imply that 1 second is, which would be just cruel, to have anyone reading this forum go mad thinking that the boss is actually beatable in 1 second because fellow Nintendolifers said so.

C) If Nintendolife told you that Super Smash Bros. Wii U would be released within 5 years, would you be upset at another trusted website (perhaps even Nintendo themselves) that told you it was actually going to be released within 20 days, because Nintendolife already told you it would be released within 5 years? I would assume not.

D) To say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 100 days doesn't hold much to people who have beaten the game in, say 50. But to say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 10 days is an incredible notion, and requires further investigation to such people, if they are interested of course.

E) If you finish a test in 5 minutes, who in the world is gonna say "Well 5-min is technically under the 45-min time limit!"? Seriously -_-

Well, an enjoyable logic session there for me; I look forward to any refutes that may arise.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Snagrio

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Or even 20 seconds.

B) 1 second is also under 5 minutes, but it's probably impossible to complete the boss in that time. To say that 20 seconds is concretely implied under your statement would also imply that 1 second is, which would be just cruel, to have anyone reading this forum go mad thinking that the boss is actually beatable in 1 second because fellow Nintendolifers said so.

C) If Nintendolife told you that Super Smash Bros. Wii U would be released within 5 years, would you be upset at another trusted website (perhaps even Nintendo themselves) that told you it was actually going to be released within 20 days, because Nintendolife already told you it would be released within 5 years? I would assume not.

D) To say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 100 days doesn't hold much to people who have beaten the game in, say 50. But to say Pikmin 3 is beatable within 10 days is an incredible notion, and requires further investigation to such people, if they are interested of course.

E) If you finish a test in 5 minutes, who in the world is gonna say "Well 5-min is technically under the 45-min time limit!"? Seriously -_-

Well, an enjoyable logic session there for me; I look forward to any refutes that may arise.

I would give a refute, but you just made ME confused!

Snagrio

PloXyZeRO

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Or even 20 seconds.

I can't believe you took the time to type such a long post for such a short response.
Some of your arguments are fallacious for various reasons but I'm not even going to get into that.
20 seconds is indeed under five minutes. There is nothing confusing about that, right? Also, he's not implying that the boss can be defeated in one second. He stated it CAN be defeated in under five minutes, implying any possible lower time. Anyway, your argument got ridiculous after B and I stopped reading, but I think we can all agree that it can be defeated in under five minutes. Yes? Yes!

Now someone show me a video of it being defeated in 20 seconds because that actually sounds pretty cool to me

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Snagrio

Well I've started another run only this time purely for speedrunning (still over-protective with my Pikmin though), and I came across what seems like a glitch. After defeating the Sandbelching Meerslug, I couldn't get enough Pikmin to carry it because the body was at a weird angle (it kept jittering as if it was still alive). After resetting I got enough to carry it, but once they got just beyond the paper bag ramp the head of the Meerslug somehow stuck up in midair, so the Pikmin carrying it were hovering and unable to go anywhere. Very strange...

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

PloXyZeRO

WHOA THAT 20 SECOND KILL WAS AMAZING. It's almost like Pikmin 2 and the purples all over again

@WingedFish..that's very strange indeed. I haven't had any problems with carrying it but I could imagine why some would occur as it's HUGE. Also if you're speed running, you should check out the Pikmin 3 thread on the speed demos archives forums if you haven't already. Lot's of useful tricks there.

Also, MilesSMB is a BEAST. He beat the game in under an hour! He also has a 100% run which is a little under three hours...wat

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Snagrio

Beat my previous record and 100% completed in 18 days. I know I could go faster but didn't know about the tricks like getting Winged Pikmin early till I was almost finished and didn't want to go back in time. Oh well, I'll go for another round at some point, but for now there are other unfinished games I need to return to. That and I'm rather Pikmined out...

BTW, here's a cool remix of Pikmin 2's Wistful Wild.

Snagrio

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic