Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,264

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,141. Posted:

Smitherenez wrote:

I have just beaten the game without losing any Pikmin :D And that in just 20 days!

Here is a link to my post on Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAABUaW0cEI2aw

Wow, that's pretty awesome! I still have to try that at some point. I saw there were a few people on the leader-board that actually got all the fruit in 10 days! Seems kinda crazy.

The question is though, how many resets/redos did it take? I remember I had to reset Pikmin 2 like 100 times...

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,142. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Well it depends...I don't know what bosses you've fought. I guess all of the mini bosses could technically pass as hidden since you don't need to defeat them to beat the game. This includes the burrowing snagret, shaggy long legs, bug-eyed crawmads, and the calcified crushblat.

It seemed like you would run into them all eventually in the main game, so I wasn't sure. Ah well...

As far as I know, if you collect all the fruit then you will encounter all the hidden bosses, since each one has a fruit inside of it.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,143. Posted:

Okay seriously, where the heck are those Pikmin animated shorts (a la Kid Icarus: Uprising) that were talked about months ago? I've been looking forward to seeing them for quite some time...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Smitherenez

1,144. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

The question is though, how many resets/redos did it take? I remember I had to reset Pikmin 2 like 100 times...

Too many xD I didn't even bother counting...

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,145. Posted:

Smitherenez wrote:

I have just beaten the game without losing any Pikmin :D And that in just 20 days!

Wow, NICE. The final boss must have been extremely hard to kill without losing any Pikmin. I've been trying but I still can't do it!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Smitherenez

1,146. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Wow, NICE. The final boss must have been extremely hard to kill without losing any Pikmin. I've been trying but I still can't do it!

Well, here comes a short story of how I discovered a great tactic: I was trying to beat the final boss with a small group, 10 of each type of Pikmin. Even though it was very efficient and fast, there was always one Pikmin (or more) that ended up dying. After around 10 retries I got frustrated, but then...
MINOR SPOILERS REGARDING THE FINAL BOSS: After a while I noticed that the Rock Pikmin could not be killed by the Final boss its normal attack. And I decided, for giggles and science, to have an army of 100 rock Pikmin to take out the boss. And guess what? Beaten it without losing any Pikmin on my first go! It was a really slow process, but It worked out well. You do have to watch out for the elemental attacks!

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,147. Posted:

Smitherenez wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Well, here comes a short story of how I discovered a great tactic: I was trying to beat the final boss with a small group, 10 of each type of Pikmin. Even though it was very efficient and fast, there was always one Pikmin (or more) that ended up dying. After around 10 retries I got frustrated, but then...
MINOR SPOILERS REGARDING THE FINAL BOSS: After a while I noticed that the Rock Pikmin could not be killed by the Final boss its normal attack. And I decided, for giggles and science, to have an army of 100 rock Pikmin to take out the boss. And guess what? Beaten it without losing any Pikmin on my first go! It was a really slow process, but It worked out well. You do have to watch out for the elemental attacks!

Huh... I'll have to keep that in mind whenever I attempt a no-death run.

And kind of a side note, but I wish the dodge roll could be procured earlier since every time I get it it's halfway into the game so I always forget the ability is even there.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,148. Posted:

I've already lost over 40 and I'm on Day 7 so...congrats to those of you who are beating this game without losing any. That's like something I could only dream of ;___;

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,149. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Smitherenez wrote:

Huh... I'll have to keep that in mind whenever I attempt a no-death run.

And kind of a side note, but I wish the dodge roll could be procured earlier since every time I get it it's halfway into the game so I always forget the ability is even there.

@Smitherenez I figured that's what you were going to say. Not to mention that SPOLIERS the crystal cube the final boss spits out is the most annoying one there is, and you need Rock Pikmin for it. Funny how regarding final bosses, electricity goes from being the scariest attack in Pikmin 2 to the most pointless in Pikmn 3, especially if you have only Rock Pikmin in which case it does next to nothing. :P END SPOLIERS

@WingedFish Yeah I don't think I've actually used the dodge once in battle; I forget about it too...doesn't feel like a natural move.

Edited on by MasterWario

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,150. Posted:

When a Pikmin dies it's always sad, but when I leave some behind? Omg. I feel like the worst human being ever, it's terrible. It's so upsetting to see them running and like can't catch up as your ship leaves. First time I've reset back a day thus far ;__;

I'm on Day 8 by the way, taking my sweet time :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Isandriena

1,151. Posted:

This game isn't for me, but my fiancé has been playing it and I love watching it. It looks amazing. When it rains everything looks even more amazing wet, and I love how the pikmin look as well. I have never played or ever really seen a pikmin game before but I don't know if you can really beat this one. The graphics are some of the best I have seen on a game like this,

Isandriena

3DS Friend Code: 2380-3421-3166

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,152. Posted:

I DID IT! 100% the game with no deaths in 20 days! I'll never do it again though, far too many resets and rage-inducing moments. Certainly feel accomplished nonetheless.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,153. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I DID IT! 100% the game with no deaths in 20 days! I'll never do it again though, far too many resets and rage-inducing moments. Certainly feel accomplished nonetheless.

Not to rain on your parade, but didn't a few people do that in 10. :$

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,154. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Not to rain on your parade, but didn't a few people do that in 10. :$

I checked the global rankings before, so I already knew that some people completed it way earlier. Besides, my accomplishment was more for the zero death factor then a speed run (though I was doing that at the same time too).

AuthorMessage

DePapier

1,155. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Da ... you mean NO DEAD PIKMIN??? AS IN 0 DEAD PIKMIN???

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,156. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Da ... you mean NO DEAD PIKMIN??? AS IN 0 DEAD PIKMIN???

Yep. It was very difficult though. :p

AuthorMessage

DePapier

1,157. Posted:

@WingedFish I thought Miyamoto was unsure it was possible in Pikmin 3.

That's madness. You're not the "biggest Pikmin fan on NL" for nothing.

Edited on by DePapier

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage

Maskeraid

1,158. Posted:

@Wings I'm surprised anyone can have the attention span to reset that much, I get annoyed whenever I have to reset to beat a boss in a day, I can't imagine doing that on normal days for efficiency. :O

Edited on by Maskeraid

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,159. Posted:

Good job! I want to try a no-death run too, but now that school started I really don't have much time...at all :/
I'll have to wait until next weekend and play nonstop

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,160. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Geez, what's with everyone going for dat 20 days no Pikmin death run? I guess I'll just have to beat it and go for 15. I'm trying to to beat the Armored Mawdad on the first day in the Garden of Hope, but I keep getting a Pikmin death. That's got to be the most annoying boss because it unfairly flings your Pikmin all over the freakin' place and pushes them out of the way... Just figured out about the tail strategy though (from those people beating the boss in 20 seconds lol), so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Anyway, congratulations on said accomplishment.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery