Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,320

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,101. Posted:

I've made it to the final boss and...I'll do it tomorrow. By this point I have a headache again and can't focus.

Oh, and that thing sure looks...familiar doesn't it? ;)

EDIT: Changed my mind and beat the story mode tonight. Overall impression? I thought it was awesome. But I still had some mixed feelings about some parts, those being the change of main characters (but I love how fleshed out they were), lack of Purples and Whites (in the main mode), and probably my biggest problems was the lack of a proper Piklopedia which was one of my favorite aspects of the second game (there was one for the fruits but that was it), the final boss, and the way the ending was handled. Minor gripes to be sure, but surprisingly I think I still like Pikmin 2 more, at least for now. I'm sure after playing 3 some more my opinion will change though.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

atlantis01

1,102. Posted:

This has been my first Pikmin game and I love, love, love it! It's like Leemings but they're not as stupid. The game is surprisingly hard. It took me days to build a bridge. I love all the puzzles. And the pikmin are very cute. I just wish the spacemen could jump.

atlantis01

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,103. Posted:

I agree with you WingedFish..there were some aspects that were present in other Pikmin games that were absent in this one that I missed a bit. There really isn't that much that I don't like about this game though, maybe besides the lack of enemies. You fight MANY more enemies in Pikmin 2 (although most of them are in caves), and I felt like I didn't have to do that too much in Pikmin. However, mission mode makes up for that! I liked the final boss and the part leading up to it. The music really made me nervous when it was getting close! It did seem a bit strange but apparently it's related to Japanese folklore that I don't quite understand. I have to say that I like Pikmin 2 and 3 equally!

I'm trying to get all of the platinum medals in mission mode right now...and it's not easy.

Also, people have already "broken" the game when trying to speed run it, more info in that here: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/pikmin_3_opening_pos...

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Tainy

1,104. Posted:

I agree with the lack of enemy variety and lack of white and purple pikmin in the story mode. I've always liked Pikmin more than Pikmin 2, but one of the things that I've always considered almost irrefutably better about Pikmin 2 is the much expanded level of content (I also like Pikmin 2's smoother gameplay, refined mechanics, higher quality presentation, treasure finding, and combat). Pikmin 3's amount of content (number of enemies, maps, environments, and pikmin types) feels like a step backward in comparison to Pikmin 2. I don't know if that is a conscious decision or not. I find it very strange that they included much more variety of environmental themes (like toys and sandboxes) in the Bingo Battle mode. Typically when developers spend all the time to make those assets, they like to use them throughout the game. I wonder if Pikmin 3 ended up having some of it's content cut in all the delays and protracted development times (a Bingo Battle map would certainly be easier to make than a story map). That could also be why Miyamoto is already talking about downloadable content.

I like everything else about Pikmin 3 though. Everything that is there is executed extremely well (although, I don't really like the way they break up the story maps, but that's minor). I absolutely love the amount of multitasking you can do in this game. Being able to move those captains around and observe a detailed map really opens up what you can do in a day, and I find myself thinking about way more at once than in either of the prequels by far.

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Also, people have already "broken" the game when trying to speed run it, more info in that here: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/pikmin_3_opening_pos...

It will be interesting to see if Nintendo starts patching stuff like this now that they can with the Wii U.

Edited on by Tainy

Tainy

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,105. Posted:

@PloXyZeRO
That's crazy. I didn't try to find glitches and go fast. I just tried to enjoy the game how it was supposed to play out. You have unlimited days I think, and I don't care for online leader boards.
It's amazing how much time people have already put into the game to exploit and speed through the game.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

BandG

1,106. Posted:

It really makes me wonder why caves weren't in this game... Now i didn't really like the caves in Pikmin 2 because they were too repetitive, and they didn't have enough detail because they were randomly generated. But seeing how they could have looked in Bingo battle mode makes me wish they were in it (not randomly generated to add more detail). Just look at the toy level, it's sooo cool. Also caves would have added some length to the game.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,107. Posted:

Since my last comment was about what I didn't like, it's only fair that I talk about what I did like.

For starters, I love how huge the world map is. The first two games took place in a small general area, whereas this takes place all over the planet. Also, the "go here" feature? Brilliant. I can't tell you how many times I used it to save a lost Pikmin before sundown alone, not to mention the obvious multi tasking. The plot is more admirable since you are trying to save a whole civilization rather then just yourself or a money grabbing spree. Finally, the environments, while not as diverse as 2's, are absolutely stunning, and the range of puzzles and mechanics were amazing.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,108. Posted:

I agree with a lot of the things you guys have said. Pikmin 3 is great, but I miss a lot of the previous features in Pikmin 2. One thing about Pikmin is I prefer to play with a regular controller rather than a wii remote (no pointing please), but the controller aiming is waaaay too sensitive in Pikmin 3. I wish they keep the old aiming from Pikmin 2. Not only that, but the absence of a c-stick like control makes me sad; I feel like I have so much less control over my Pikmin now.

I also noticed that there were less enemies and more puzzles. Pikmin 3 seems much more a puzzle-strategy game rather than a combat-strategy game. Pikmin 3 tends to not place enemies near each other; rather the enemies are alone or with multiple of their own kind. The combat is centered around specific weak-points rather than general strategies of who to target first and "how do I kill this/get this/get in a good position, without dying to X/Y/Z". That's probably one of the things I really liked about Pikmin 2; the combat was so good that random-layout caverns worked and thus gave the game a lot of replay-ability. In Pikmin 3 you don't really have to worry about that. Enemies are obvious obstacles to points of interest, and usually the only choice is to kill the enemy or back off. For example, the burrowing snagret in Pikmin 3 is all by-itself, and is an obvious barricade to the path behind it. In Pikmin 2, there's a few floors where there are other nearby nearby enemies as well, and even multiple burrowing snagrets. Not only that, but it's not always necessary to defeat every single one. Perhaps you only try to get the one with the treasure and then hightail it out there, or you just kill them all anyway BECAUSE YOU CAN! Granted, they were a lot easier in Pikmin 2, but I'd rather fight a few medium difficulty enemies clustered together than a big boss. It adds a lot of depth to the combat. Anyway I hope this makes sense...my thoughts are kind of jumbled right now.

@Tainy I was wondering the same thing about the Bingo Battle! I mean, I wish there was a single player option for those courses! They're so unique and creative, but for story mode and mission mode we only get generic snow/forest/desert places...I'm glad I have a brother, because I'd gladly spend double my time on bingo battle than story mode!

But all in all, for what Pikmin 3 was trying to accomplish, it did it very well and the game is beautiful. I'd say I'm just a little disappointed and shocked almost, at the things which I thought were obvious to include in the game which were not there. Hope you all are enjoying the game!

Edited on by MasterWario

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,109. Posted:

I think in my own conclusion Pikmin 3 adds to the series, but at the same time takes away some rather important elements that were just fine before. So altogether it's kind of a stalemate. Wonder if the DLC will bring back more old enemies and such, or better yet a proper Piklopedia (unlikely though).

AuthorMessage

Emaan

1,110. Posted:

I absolutely love the music in the game :*

The themes that play in the SS Drake and Garden of Hope in particular so far~
So atmospheric and charming all the same~

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Ahmur-Neil

1,111. Posted:

I think you two have nailed it. I was gutted when I found out the Piklopedia wasn't in, not being able to throw carrots at monsters is a feature that I sorely miss! I also (as nerdy as it sounds) miss reading all the lore about the monsters and treasure.

Though to be fair I really like this game and although there are a lot of design decisions that I dislike, like cave dungeons being removed and the collectables being extremely boring, I actually find it really hard to critique the game. It's very fluent and air tight, the mission mode is gaming crack and you can tell a lot of love has went into the development of the game. Nice!

Ahmur-Neil

3DS Friend Code: 5327-1352-9341 | Nintendo Network ID: HandsomeNeil

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,112. Posted:

I thinks it's the best game of the series. The graphics, audio, and overall better presentation just sell it more for me.

I did fine with the Wii remote+(I think it actually gives more control) and GamePad combo.

This game is more reminiscent of the first game's do or die kinda mentality, while still retaining more freedom that you have from the second game in the types of things you can do.

You can tell the Wii U is a pretty powerful console just by looking at the last level's background. Those are the sort of things people are saying Wii U can't do, but it's right there.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

1,113. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I thinks it's the best game of the series. The graphics, audio, and overall better presentation just sell it more for me.

I did fine with the Wii remote+(I think it actually gives more control) and GamePad combo.

This game is more reminiscent of the first game's do or die kinda mentality, while still retaining more freedom that you have from the second game in the types of things you can do.

You can tell the Wii U is a pretty powerful console just by looking at the last level's background. Those are the sort of things people are saying Wii U can't do, but it's right there.

That's a good point. And I know it sounds a bit specific, but the close-up rotations of the different fruits are pretty astounding. Ha! But seriously ... take some time to look at those puppies. Amazing fidelity on those strawberries :)

All joking aside, the graphics in the game do show what the console is capable of, even so early in its lifespan. I hope more people take notice and more developers really give it a chance.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,114. Posted:

The direction they went with P3 makes it more accessible to newcomers more than hardcore fans. This is my first Pikmin game and all the things you lot say are missing sound like they don't add much to the overall package... People that prefer iPhone/tablet games would be turned off by those mentioned gimmicks ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

DePapier

1,115. Posted:

I've played the first Pikmin and somewhat of the 2, and this is definitely the best Pikmin game ever. As a hardcore Fire Emblem fan, I'll say Pikmin 3 is to Pikmin what Awakening is to Fire Emblem. You have your story mode, your concept replayability and competitive play. Anytime you want to play some Pikmin, you'll get back to it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,116. Posted:

The only thing you can't do with the Wii remote+ is free control the camera. You have the Z button to center the camera behind the character. It's my prefered, so I don't understand the complaints.

When you lock onto an enemy, you can aim freely with the Wii remote, so that can give more accuracy to your throws in combat if the target is moving.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,117. Posted:

I love Pikmin 3. I want to play Pikmin 1 or 2 now (3 was my first one). Which one do you recommand and why? :P

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,118. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

Have you noticed the eye ball?

Untitled

...I'm pretty sure that's not an eye, lol

Welp...I stand corrected then. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

1,119. Posted:

@Erica_Hartmann Hahaha, you sure are!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,120. Posted:

What a disappointment...I tried getting my friends to play bingo battle yesterday, but none of them really wanted to take the time to learn how to play the game (what...maybe it takes like 5 minutes to figure out how to play bingo battle decently?), so they all kind of gave up in the middle of the round and I never really got to play a full game. It's times like this where I wish the game could be online! Oh well, at least I still have mission mode to keep me occupied. I can't get a platinum medal in the second collect the fruit challenge! That one's pretty hard

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox