Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,328

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,081. Posted:

KingH3nrry wrote:

So no one's got an answer to my question?

You have to strategize what you do with the Pikmin. It's basically a real time strategy game. There are tasks that you must do within the time limit.

There aren't any other games like it really. Maybe you should try one of the first 2 games, but this one is the best IMO.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,082. Posted:

Almost 100%'d the game..I need like 4 fruits left, and I have like 60 fruit juice containers, lol

Also, where are the rest of the red bridge pieces on Tropical Wilds?! I literally searched the entire level and I couldn't find it! I got every fruit and every note/tip/message and I still couldn't find it!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,083. Posted:

I just beat the story mode for the first time. It took me 10 hours, but I was only focused on completing the story mode and only gathered the fruit in my way.
I got 32 fruit. I'm gonna play it again to get all the fruit and find those memos.

EDIT: I thought the story would be like the second game, so I figured I'd be able to go back and get the rest of the fruit and find stuff.
I didn't even go back to the other places with winged or water Pikmin.

EDIT: Not sure if these are spoilers...

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

luisesteban

1,084. Posted:

Well trying to avoid reading spoilers....

Yesterday I've played it like 5 hours straight, the game is so much fun.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

1,085. Posted:

The game is pretty awesome. I guess "refreshing" would be the word for me, at least. It's fun to play, the graphics are very, very pretty, and it has that "just one more" structure to it.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

1,086. Posted:

me and my brother beat this game in just under 8 hours on our first playthrough 100% completion no walkthroughs, i guess we are just really good i have played pikmin 1 and 2 soo many times so i guess it makes sense. Although i beat the game so quickly, it felt like a longtime its so hard to say which one i like best :)

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,087. Posted:

I think the fact that I knew exactly what to do during the first two games has spoiled me horribly. Oh well, 'tis a new experience.

STILL haven't found the Blues though. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

1,088. Posted:

So does anybody know what exactly happens if you run out of food? I'm not really close to it, I was just curious. In the first game SPOILER it was kind of a sad game over sequence where Olimar tries to take off and ends up crashing and possibly dying, never to see his family again, but instead of some sort of odd sprout. (man that's brutal)

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

1,089. Posted:

oh by the way.....where in the world are the Pikmin shorts that were supposed to be released before the game? It's like, everyone forgot about them or something.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,090. Posted:

Joshers744 wrote:

oh by the way.....where in the world are the Pikmin shorts that were supposed to be released before the game? It's like, everyone forgot about them or something.

I have a hunch. You know those secret memos that are in the game (Miyamoto even talked about them a couple days ago)? Well, maybe that's what they unlock. Just a guess though.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,091. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I just beat the story mode for the first time. It took me 10 hours, but I was only focused on completing the story mode and only gathered the fruit in my way.
I got 32 fruit. I'm gonna play it again to get all the fruit and find those memos.

EDIT: I thought the story would be like the second game, so I figured I'd be able to go back and get the rest of the fruit and find stuff.
I didn't even go back to the other places with winged or water Pikmin.

EDIT: Not sure if these are spoilers...

Er, wait, you can't go back after beating the game?

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,092. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I just beat the story mode for the first time. It took me 10 hours, but I was only focused on completing the story mode and only gathered the fruit in my way.
I got 32 fruit. I'm gonna play it again to get all the fruit and find those memos.

EDIT: I thought the story would be like the second game, so I figured I'd be able to go back and get the rest of the fruit and find stuff.
I didn't even go back to the other places with winged or water Pikmin.

EDIT: Not sure if these are spoilers...

Er, wait, you can't go back after beating the game?

Actually, you can. I went back, and you just have to start the day before you beat the last boss.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,093. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I just beat the story mode for the first time. It took me 10 hours, but I was only focused on completing the story mode and only gathered the fruit in my way.
I got 32 fruit. I'm gonna play it again to get all the fruit and find those memos.

EDIT: I thought the story would be like the second game, so I figured I'd be able to go back and get the rest of the fruit and find stuff.
I didn't even go back to the other places with winged or water Pikmin.

EDIT: Not sure if these are spoilers...

Er, wait, you can't go back after beating the game?

Actually, you can. I went back, and you just have to start the day before you beat the last boss.

Oh, guess I misread what you meant....no secondary story then like the last game then?

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,094. Posted:

As far as I know, there isn't. You didn't misread. I just didn't know.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,095. Posted:

Ugh. I'm almost finished. The Garden of Hope and Distant Tundra are completed, and I'm almost done at Tropical Wilds before finishing up Twilight River and moving on to the final boss, but I can't seem to reach this one spot in Tropical Wilds. It's the area right next to where the Aristocrab and Blowhogs are; the tree stump that has a hole inside it and covered in Spotcaps. I look on the map and it clearly shows two arrows indicating entry, but no matter what I try, throwing Captains, Winged/Yellow Pikmin, I can't get up there. :p

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,096. Posted:

This was the bridge I was talking about earlier
Untitled

I've found just about everything in a game (missing a couple of memos, but I have all the secret ones), BUT I CAN'T FIND THE REST OF THE BRIDGE PIECES FOR MY LIFE. I got the ones by the Armored Cannon Larva, but I can't find the other pieces. I don't know if I'm just missing a secret passage way or something, or if my game glitched out or something (I've experienced a few glitches so far), but I can't find it!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

1,097. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

This was the bridge I was talking about earlier
Untitled

I've found just about everything in a game (missing a couple of memos, but I have all the secret ones), BUT I CAN'T FIND THE REST OF THE BRIDGE PIECES FOR MY LIFE. I got the ones by the Armored Cannon Larva, but I can't find the other pieces. I don't know if I'm just missing a secret passage way or something, or if my game glitched out or something (I've experienced a few glitches so far), but I can't find it!

ha it took me till one of the last days to find those :P its inside a dirt mound on the side farther from Drake.

Edited on by BandG

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,098. Posted:

@BandG
I love you so much right now! Thanks..lol
I never checked it because I thought it would just be more bomb rocks! The frustration ends!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,099. Posted:

Well, I'm at the final boss, sort of. I mean, I'm at the final area, but so far I can't get to where I need to (trying to not be spoilish here). Really frustrating.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,100. Posted:

I was messing around with bomb rocks, and a Skutterchuck caused all 100 of my Pikmin to die at once! I had NO idea that could happen.
I wasn't recording but I tried to reproduce the incident in this video.

WingedFish wrote:

Well, I'm at the final boss, sort of. I mean, I'm at the final area, but so far I can't get to where I need to (trying to not be spoilish here). Really frustrating.

Just go to the area once completely disregarding any Pikmin deaths. Try to walk everywhere so you have the entire map available on your gamepad, and END THE DAY and make sure it saves! Now go back to that day and start over. Everything will be like how it was before, except now you also have a map available! That should help you out

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox