Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,320

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,021. Posted:

Can anyone conform whether or not you can sleep in this game? You know you could sleep in Pikmin and Pikmin 2, and the Pikmin would take you back to the ship or onion? Can you still do that? It might be a bit redundant now since you can assign waypoints to the captains via the gamepad, but I still found that feature pretty useful at times

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SOHellKite

1,022. Posted:

Hey guys just wanted to start my lets play and post it on here all in 1080p i wear funny pikmin hats
having great fun with this game but sadly never played the older ones
man i cant put it down! so good!

thanks guys here the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDIMLkQvthg

and here is my channel if you enjoyed the video =)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SOHellKite

http://www.youtube.com/user/SOHellKite

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DdFixen

1,023. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Can anyone conform whether or not you can sleep in this game? You know you could sleep in Pikmin and Pikmin 2, and the Pikmin would take you back to the ship or onion? Can you still do that? It might be a bit redundant now since you can assign waypoints to the captains via the gamepad, but I still found that feature pretty useful at times

No, I don't think so. At least not where I stand in the game at this point.

Am probably gonna continue with the story mode today, after I get home from work. I usually put a one hour time limit when I play during the weekdays, since I have lots of other, more boring but yet neccessary, things to do. But I'll have next week off, so then I can do some hardcore gaming (that is, when I'm not hanging out with family or friends).

DdFixen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DdFixen

1,024. Posted:

SOHellKite wrote:

Hey guys just wanted to start my lets play and post it on here all in 1080p i wear funny pikmin hats
having great fun with this game but sadly never played the older ones
man i cant put it down! so good!

thanks guys here the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDIMLkQvthg

and here is my channel if you enjoyed the video =)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SOHellKite

Isn't there like an unofficial "rule" on YouTube that all who upload LPs must have to wait a couple of months or so, after the game has been released, before you upload anything. This is because people must get a chance to play the games themselves before they watch any LPs. Have in mind that Pikmin 3 has yet to be released in some countries. I think it's more fair to wait a bit and let people finish the game themselves first. But then again, the decision is up to you, since it isn't an actual rule, just a thing that most LP-ers try to stick to.

I will love to watch your video though, once I've completed the game myself:)

DdFixen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

spizzamarozzi

1,025. Posted:

So is the game too short? I've been reading some of the reviews and the length seems to be the main issue for most people. It took me approx 14 hours to complete the main story with all the fruits and now that I'm working on my Mission Mode scores I'm about 20+ hours of total gameplay (still haven't tried Bingo mode though) - right, I might have paused the game for a cigarette once in a while and that adds up to the total, but at 20+ hours the game still has loads to offer, especially with a whole multiplayer mode to explore. I also need to go back to the main story and find all the notes, since Miyamoto said in a Miiverse post you're going to need the secret code you find in ten of the notes.

Bottom line is, didn't think the game was too short - it's well balanced and I don't think I have wasted a single minute doing unnecessary bits.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Smitherenez

1,026. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Can anyone conform whether or not you can sleep in this game? You know you could sleep in Pikmin and Pikmin 2, and the Pikmin would take you back to the ship or onion? Can you still do that? It might be a bit redundant now since you can assign waypoints to the captains via the gamepad, but I still found that feature pretty useful at times

There is a note in the game about that subject. I have not found a way to do it though.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,027. Posted:

The wait is REALLY starting to get to me...

I'll be walking through my back yard and suddenly start to imagine tiny Pikmin running around in the grass.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,028. Posted:

Thanks for the info you guys, so I guess there's no sleeping in the game
and...
NO NO NO NO NO
I have my driving test on Sunday...they day Pikmin 3 comes out :(

Now I'm going to have to wait impatiently at the DMV for hours just pondering about Pikmin 3 and then I'm probably going to rush and speed and get myself killed and them I'm never going to get to play the game

Oh man...Sunday is going to be a very PAINFUL wait

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,029. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Thanks for the info you guys, so I guess there's no sleeping in the game
and...
NO NO NO NO NO
I have my driving test on Sunday...they day Pikmin 3 comes out :(

Now I'm going to have to wait impatiently at the DMV for hours just pondering about Pikmin 3 and then I'm probably going to rush and speed and get myself killed and them I'm never going to get to play the game

Oh man...Sunday is going to be a very PAINFUL wait

Hopefully it won't end up being physically painful for you in that case. ;)

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toothedbuffalo

1,030. Posted:

how come japan uk and aus got pikmin 3 before usa ;)

Toothedbuffalo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PloXyZeRO

1,031. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Hopefully it won't end up being physically painful for you in that case. ;)

Oh yeah, I definitely hope so too...

Toothedbuffalo wrote:

how come japan uk and aus got pikmin 3 before usa ;)

Well Japan gets it first because the game is a native Japanese game. I have no idea why the UK and Austrailia get it before the US, but it's usually the other way around, so I bet they're happy! Simultaneous worldwide releases would be nice, but I don't think that will be happening much

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DdFixen

1,032. Posted:

Toothedbuffalo wrote:

how come japan uk and aus got pikmin 3 before usa ;)

Don't know, they just decided to have it that way, I guess. But since it's usually the other way around (especially the poor Aussies tend to get the games later than everybody else), so maybe they wanted to "even the score" a bit, so to speak. In the best of worlds all games should be released on the very same date, just as in the case with the two upcoming Pokémon games.

DdFixen

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

1,033. Posted:

Just so I don't screw anything up, I can buy this on the eShop and turn the system off right? Or does it still have to be on to download? I heard some features were added, didn't know if this was one of them.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

1,034. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Just so I don't screw anything up, I can buy this on the eShop and turn the system off right? Or does it still have to be on to download? I heard some features were added, didn't know if this was one of them.

Yup, start download and turn off. I did it before i went to work, so it would be ready when i got home :-)

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Miss_Dark

1,035. Posted:

I bought my very first Pikmin game today (Pikmin 3 Wii U) after doubting for months and omg I totally LOVE IT. It's so unique. I've never seen anything like it. Miyamoto you're my hero <3.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKpunky

1,036. Posted:

I'm still waiting for this weekend to pick it up in a physical format. I never got to play the first one and I recently picked up the sequel that was made for the Wii.

Great stuff indeed. Can't wait!

PKpunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109 | Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Smitherenez

1,037. Posted:

Already finished the game twice :) I am really loving it so far, it is a lot better then Pikmin 2! Mission mode is really challenging, still need to get platinum on most of them. Did not have the chance to play bingo battle yet, but it looks like a fun mode!

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

1,038. Posted:

Only till the day after tomorrow now. I've been doing a pretty decent job avoiding major spoilers, so I can't wait for those moments of pure shock and awe! :D

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kewlan

1,039. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Only till the day after tomorrow now. I've been doing a pretty decent job avoiding major spoilers, so I can't wait for those moments of pure shock and awe! :D

You're going to be impressed! I love the game so freakin' much, and so do others too!
Also... !!!!!SPOILER!!!!! Just kidding, I'm not spoiling anything... !!!!!END OF SPOILER!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

1,040. Posted:

I'm getting this game at midnight tonight. I plan on using the Wii remote+ and nuchcuck, but I'll give the other controls a try, too.

$¢@®³’²