Forums

Topic: Pikmin 3

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,331

Snagrio

At least from what I've seen from music tracks on YouTube, I noticed how the names of locations are similar to previous ones. You've got the Garden (Forest) of Hope, Distant Tundra (Spring), Tropical (Wistful) Wilds, and others as well I'd imagine.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SuperJoon

Just had a few hours on this and im thoroughly enjoying it!

So many Pikmin lost though.... sad!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

MasterWario

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

EDIT: POST 1000!

Darn it I wanted to have the 1000th post! Aw well, this is still a special occasion since this is the longest ongoing thread I've made.

Anyway, I also try to complete P2 in the fewest number of days, but no matter how many times I try I can never get below 12. I was close to 11 this last playthough by doing everything at the Valley of Repose in one day (not counting the obligatory first two that you spend there), but the stupid Unspeakable Wonder (the Peach's crown treasure) got stuck on the snowman's head and I wasted all my remaining time try to get it out.

AH HA! I DID IT! I feel so accomplished now, especially since it took like 25 tries. XD Apparently there's a glitch with the Gherkin Gate as well...if it goes off-screen before reaching the bottom of the slope, it slides down real fast and gets stuck. It killed my run a few times.

What always gets me at the Valley of Repose is that Fiery Bulblax. Those things are always a pain. I mean who uses Red Pikmin anyway? Funny thing about that, it's actually possible to beat Pikmin 2 without using Red Pikmin (except of course the first two days when that's your only Pikmin). Everything that's fire is actually beatable by slamming Purple Pikmin onto it.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Snagrio

Is it just me, or do Winged Pikmin look slightly similar to the Chao from Sonic?
Untitled
Untitled

Snagrio

PloXyZeRO

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

EDIT: POST 1000!

Darn it I wanted to have the 1000th post! Aw well, this is still a special occasion since this is the longest ongoing thread I've made.

Anyway, I also try to complete P2 in the fewest number of days, but no matter how many times I try I can never get below 12. I was close to 11 this last playthough by doing everything at the Valley of Repose in one day (not counting the obligatory first two that you spend there), but the stupid Unspeakable Wonder (the Peach's crown treasure) got stuck on the snowman's head and I wasted all my remaining time try to get it out.

AH HA! I DID IT! I feel so accomplished now, especially since it took like 25 tries. XD Apparently there's a glitch with the Gherkin Gate as well...if it goes off-screen before reaching the bottom of the slope, it slides down real fast and gets stuck. It killed my run a few times.

What always gets me at the Valley of Repose is that Fiery Bulblax. Those things are always a pain. I mean who uses Red Pikmin anyway? Funny thing about that, it's actually possible to beat Pikmin 2 without using Red Pikmin (except of course the first two days when that's your only Pikmin). Everything that's fire is actually beatable by slamming Purple Pikmin onto it.

You used reds for the fiery bulblax in Valley of Repose? I usually just lure it into the water and use blues
Now that I think about it...you really don't need reds, huh? They ARE stronger though, so I usually favor them over other Pikmin types
But don't you HAVE to use reds for the fiery bulblax in the Perplexing Pool? I can't think of another way you can beat it unless you burn your Pikmin!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Toothedbuffalo

its all good my wii u was faulty they are sending me a new one should have it tomorrow or monday

Toothedbuffalo

MasterWario

PloXyZeRO wrote:

You used reds for the fiery bulblax in Valley of Repose? I usually just lure it into the water and use blues
Now that I think about it...you really don't need reds, huh? They ARE stronger though, so I usually favor them over other Pikmin types
But don't you HAVE to use reds for the fiery bulblax in the Perplexing Pool? I can't think of another way you can beat it unless you burn your Pikmin!

Well I meant like, Fiery Bulblaxes in general.

And two things about the fiery bulblax in perplexing pool. First off, you don't NEED to kill it (but there are Fiery Bulblaxes in Wistful Wild caves you do need to), and second, you can kill it with purples! When you throw a purple, if it doesn't hit anything once it reaches it's highest point, it will proceed to do a butt-slam of sorts. This "slam" does immediate damage to enemies, regardless of what happens afterward (except maybe electricity). So yes, your purples will catch aflame, but they will deal damage, and then you can whistle the fire off them.

TL;DR Purples can kill Fiery Bulblaxes which are still on fire.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

MasterWario

WingedFish wrote:

Is it just me, or do Winged Pikmin look slightly similar to the Chao from Sonic?
UntitledUntitled

Eh, Winged Pikmin are way cuter.

My Pushmo Levels

atlantis01

I've never played Pikmin before but I had to get this game because of the graphics which are the best I have ever seen in any Nintendo game ever. I got it in the mail this morning and it's waiting for me at home. Looking forward to trying it.

atlantis01

PloXyZeRO

Can anyone conform whether or not you can sleep in this game? You know you could sleep in Pikmin and Pikmin 2, and the Pikmin would take you back to the ship or onion? Can you still do that? It might be a bit redundant now since you can assign waypoints to the captains via the gamepad, but I still found that feature pretty useful at times

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

SOHellKite

Hey guys just wanted to start my lets play and post it on here all in 1080p i wear funny pikmin hats
having great fun with this game but sadly never played the older ones
man i cant put it down! so good!

thanks guys here the link:

and here is my channel if you enjoyed the video =)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SOHellKite

ITAFTRS

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Can anyone conform whether or not you can sleep in this game? You know you could sleep in Pikmin and Pikmin 2, and the Pikmin would take you back to the ship or onion? Can you still do that? It might be a bit redundant now since you can assign waypoints to the captains via the gamepad, but I still found that feature pretty useful at times

No, I don't think so. At least not where I stand in the game at this point.

Am probably gonna continue with the story mode today, after I get home from work. I usually put a one hour time limit when I play during the weekdays, since I have lots of other, more boring but yet neccessary, things to do. But I'll have next week off, so then I can do some hardcore gaming (that is, when I'm not hanging out with family or friends).

ITAFTRS

ITAFTRS

SOHellKite wrote:

Hey guys just wanted to start my lets play and post it on here all in 1080p i wear funny pikmin hats
having great fun with this game but sadly never played the older ones
man i cant put it down! so good!

thanks guys here the link:

and here is my channel if you enjoyed the video =)

Isn't there like an unofficial "rule" on YouTube that all who upload LPs must have to wait a couple of months or so, after the game has been released, before you upload anything. This is because people must get a chance to play the games themselves before they watch any LPs. Have in mind that Pikmin 3 has yet to be released in some countries. I think it's more fair to wait a bit and let people finish the game themselves first. But then again, the decision is up to you, since it isn't an actual rule, just a thing that most LP-ers try to stick to.

I will love to watch your video though, once I've completed the game myself:)

ITAFTRS

spizzamarozzi

So is the game too short? I've been reading some of the reviews and the length seems to be the main issue for most people. It took me approx 14 hours to complete the main story with all the fruits and now that I'm working on my Mission Mode scores I'm about 20+ hours of total gameplay (still haven't tried Bingo mode though) - right, I might have paused the game for a cigarette once in a while and that adds up to the total, but at 20+ hours the game still has loads to offer, especially with a whole multiplayer mode to explore. I also need to go back to the main story and find all the notes, since Miyamoto said in a Miiverse post you're going to need the secret code you find in ten of the notes.

Bottom line is, didn't think the game was too short - it's well balanced and I don't think I have wasted a single minute doing unnecessary bits.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Smitherenez

PloXyZeRO wrote:

There is a note in the game about that subject. I have not found a way to do it though.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Snagrio

The wait is REALLY starting to get to me...

I'll be walking through my back yard and suddenly start to imagine tiny Pikmin running around in the grass.

Snagrio

PloXyZeRO

Thanks for the info you guys, so I guess there's no sleeping in the game
and...
NO NO NO NO NO
I have my driving test on Sunday...they day Pikmin 3 comes out

Now I'm going to have to wait impatiently at the DMV for hours just pondering about Pikmin 3 and then I'm probably going to rush and speed and get myself killed and them I'm never going to get to play the game

Oh man...Sunday is going to be a very PAINFUL wait

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Snagrio

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Thanks for the info you guys, so I guess there's no sleeping in the game
and...
NO NO NO NO NO
I have my driving test on Sunday...they day Pikmin 3 comes out

Now I'm going to have to wait impatiently at the DMV for hours just pondering about Pikmin 3 and then I'm probably going to rush and speed and get myself killed and them I'm never going to get to play the game

Oh man...Sunday is going to be a very PAINFUL wait

Hopefully it won't end up being physically painful for you in that case.

Snagrio

Toothedbuffalo

how come japan uk and aus got pikmin 3 before usa

Toothedbuffalo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic