Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,270

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

1,001. Posted:

Just downloading Pikmin 3 now! Will be ready and waiting for when i get home from work!

Aaaah! love background downloads! So glad for this feature when i download The Wonderful 101 aswell!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

Toothedbuffalo

1,002. Posted:

today i took my wii u and pikmin 3 to Nintendo Australia in Melbourne the guy tested it and it crashed for him they going to take a look at it for me

Toothedbuffalo

AuthorMessage

Lemmy_the_Koopa

1,003. Posted:

Hey there, I'm considering buying Pikmin 3, but I want to play it with my GF. So the question is, what controls are for 2P? We have a Wii U touchpad (d'uh) two wii mote+ and a nunchuck. I guess I need another nunchuck, but am not certain? I really would love to have the infomration before being dissappointed :) thx for anyone who can provide some intel :)

Edited on by Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,004. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

This week is going to be absolutely grueling... Already finished my before mentioned Pikmin 2 run. :P

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

EDIT: POST 1000!

Darn it I wanted to have the 1000th post! :p Aw well, this is still a special occasion since this is the longest ongoing thread I've made. :)

Anyway, I also try to complete P2 in the fewest number of days, but no matter how many times I try I can never get below 12. I was close to 11 this last playthough by doing everything at the Valley of Repose in one day (not counting the obligatory first two that you spend there), but the stupid Unspeakable Wonder (the Peach's crown treasure) got stuck on the snowman's head and I wasted all my remaining time try to get it out.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Einherjar

1,005. Posted:

Damn, the physical copy of Pikmin 3 is sold out EVERYWHERE around here. Ive checkes 7 ! different retailers, and none of the have the game on shelf, stock or will be getting any more (since every game they get goes towards someone who pre ordered it)
Guess theres no other way than to get the digital copy now...wish me luck that i eventually find cheap copys of the game down the road, just for collection purpose ;)
Off to get an eShop card then *woosh"

Einherjar

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8503-1730 | Nintendo Network ID: EinherjarZX

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,006. Posted:

Good thing I decided to get this digitally, lol

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Lemmy_the_Koopa

1,007. Posted:

Herzlos wrote:

Hey there, I'm considering buying Pikmin 3, but I want to play it with my GF. So the question is, what controls are for 2P? We have a Wii U touchpad (d'uh) two wii mote+ and a nunchuck. I guess I need another nunchuck, but am not certain? I really would love to have the infomration before being dissappointed :) thx for anyone who can provide some intel :)

Anyone :D?

Edited on by Lemmy_the_Koopa

Lemmy_the_Koopa

AuthorMessage

Emblem

1,008. Posted:

Herzlos wrote:

Herzlos wrote:

You don't need another nunchuck since one of you can use the controller. however if you both use Wii Mote + and Nunchucks then you can use the controller for a second screen providing additional info.

One thing i'll point out though, to unlock more co-op boss battles and challenges you have to see them in the story mode first. Not tried vs mode yet so i'm not sure if the same applies.

Edit: Get it, its a great game to play solo or co-op, even when playing solo its great to watch and give advice etc so it would be a nice co-op experience either way.

Edited on by Emblem

Emblem

AuthorMessage

Lemmy_the_Koopa

1,009. Posted:

Emblem wrote:

Herzlos wrote:

Herzlos wrote:

You don't need another nunchuck since one of you can use the controller. however if you both use Wii Mote + and Nunchucks then you can use the controller for a second screen providing additional info.

One thing i'll point out though, to unlock more co-op boss battles and challenges you have to see them in the story mode first. Not tried vs mode yet so i'm not sure if the same applies.

Edit: Get it, its a great game to play solo or co-op, even when playing solo its great to watch and give advice etc so it would be a nice co-op experience either way.

So I can play even Touchpad + Wiimote + Nunchuck. Sounds cool. Thank you :)

Lemmy_the_Koopa

AuthorMessage

SphericalCrusher

1,010. Posted:

Sunday Sunday Sunday!

SphericalCrusher

Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage

will2n

1,011. Posted:

I'm addicted.

will2n

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,012. Posted:

At least from what I've seen from music tracks on YouTube, I noticed how the names of locations are similar to previous ones. You've got the Garden (Forest) of Hope, Distant Tundra (Spring), Tropical (Wistful) Wilds, and others as well I'd imagine.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

1,013. Posted:

Just had a few hours on this and im thoroughly enjoying it!

So many Pikmin lost though.... sad! :(

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,014. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

I've been trying to finish mine, but I'm trying to get the game done in as little days as possible, and I cannot seem to get Perplexing Pool done in two days. It's always SO annoying when there are like two above ground treasures left and THAT'S IT! I found out a few tips to help me along, so maybe I can figure it out tomorrow. And no, there's no way I'm going for the 7 day run. Too much for me.

Darn it I wanted to have the 1000th post! :p Aw well, this is still a special occasion since this is the longest ongoing thread I've made. :)

Anyway, I also try to complete P2 in the fewest number of days, but no matter how many times I try I can never get below 12. I was close to 11 this last playthough by doing everything at the Valley of Repose in one day (not counting the obligatory first two that you spend there), but the stupid Unspeakable Wonder (the Peach's crown treasure) got stuck on the snowman's head and I wasted all my remaining time try to get it out.

AH HA! I DID IT! I feel so accomplished now, especially since it took like 25 tries. XD Apparently there's a glitch with the Gherkin Gate as well...if it goes off-screen before reaching the bottom of the slope, it slides down real fast and gets stuck. It killed my run a few times.

What always gets me at the Valley of Repose is that Fiery Bulblax. Those things are always a pain. I mean who uses Red Pikmin anyway? :P Funny thing about that, it's actually possible to beat Pikmin 2 without using Red Pikmin (except of course the first two days when that's your only Pikmin). Everything that's fire is actually beatable by slamming Purple Pikmin onto it.

Edited on by MasterWario

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

1,015. Posted:

Is it just me, or do Winged Pikmin look slightly similar to the Chao from Sonic?
Untitled
Untitled

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

1,016. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

MasterWario wrote:

AH HA! I DID IT! I feel so accomplished now, especially since it took like 25 tries. XD Apparently there's a glitch with the Gherkin Gate as well...if it goes off-screen before reaching the bottom of the slope, it slides down real fast and gets stuck. It killed my run a few times.

What always gets me at the Valley of Repose is that Fiery Bulblax. Those things are always a pain. I mean who uses Red Pikmin anyway? :P Funny thing about that, it's actually possible to beat Pikmin 2 without using Red Pikmin (except of course the first two days when that's your only Pikmin). Everything that's fire is actually beatable by slamming Purple Pikmin onto it.

You used reds for the fiery bulblax in Valley of Repose? I usually just lure it into the water and use blues
Now that I think about it...you really don't need reds, huh? They ARE stronger though, so I usually favor them over other Pikmin types
But don't you HAVE to use reds for the fiery bulblax in the Perplexing Pool? I can't think of another way you can beat it unless you burn your Pikmin!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Toothedbuffalo

1,017. Posted:

its all good my wii u was faulty they are sending me a new one should have it tomorrow or monday :)

Toothedbuffalo

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,018. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

You used reds for the fiery bulblax in Valley of Repose? I usually just lure it into the water and use blues
Now that I think about it...you really don't need reds, huh? They ARE stronger though, so I usually favor them over other Pikmin types
But don't you HAVE to use reds for the fiery bulblax in the Perplexing Pool? I can't think of another way you can beat it unless you burn your Pikmin!

Well I meant like, Fiery Bulblaxes in general.

And two things about the fiery bulblax in perplexing pool. First off, you don't NEED to kill it (but there are Fiery Bulblaxes in Wistful Wild caves you do need to), and second, you can kill it with purples! When you throw a purple, if it doesn't hit anything once it reaches it's highest point, it will proceed to do a butt-slam of sorts. This "slam" does immediate damage to enemies, regardless of what happens afterward (except maybe electricity). So yes, your purples will catch aflame, but they will deal damage, and then you can whistle the fire off them.

TL;DR Purples can kill Fiery Bulblaxes which are still on fire.

Been thinking lately, that Shulk would actually make a really good Smash Bros. character. (Still would rather have King K. Rool though)
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,019. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Is it just me, or do Winged Pikmin look slightly similar to the Chao from Sonic?
UntitledUntitled

Eh, Winged Pikmin are way cuter.

My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

atlantis01

1,020. Posted:

I've never played Pikmin before but I had to get this game because of the graphics which are the best I have ever seen in any Nintendo game ever. I got it in the mail this morning and it's waiting for me at home. Looking forward to trying it.

atlantis01