Wii U Forum

Topic: Phantasy Star Onlijne 2 for Wii U

Showing 41 to 60 of 76

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Skyfox2000

41. Posted:

Would you buy PSO2 tho

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

42. Posted:

Skyfox2000 wrote:

Competition is what they want in a game to compete with other games like it and I say people will buy Sonic Racing Transformed when Mario Kart 8 comes out. And again you say people is not gonna buy PSO2 because MH3 different games made by different company's

I'm not gonna buy multiples of similar games. That's my main point. I'm gonna spend my money where I think I'm getting a better deal.

That's why I said, I won't buy PSO 2 if I have X.
The main reason why I bought the games I did for Wii U, was because there wasn't much of anything else out.
Once more games come out, you can't put a lacking game out, because people ultimately decide which one is better.
That game is still relevant to PC and Vita, but that does not mean it will for Wii U.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Skyfox2000

43. Posted:

What's your username on miiverse

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

44. Posted:

I would love to see PSO 2 for Wii U , it is essentially future monster hunter . It would serve well to release within the gap of MH3U and MH4 . MH3U has plenty of people still playing it, but the further you get away from release that number gets smaller and smaller as people eventually reach the end and there is no real sign of big DLC like another tier after G rank.

I remember playing PSU and it was fun for a bit, it just had some holes in how the leveling and progression system was laid out but was overall a fun game. I also have many fond memories of playing PSO EP 1&2 on my dreamcast back in the day.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

45. Posted:

Probably not.Like all other MMO's f the series were to come to conoles it would be PS4/xb1.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

46. Posted:

I doubt the Wii U could handle it without severe sacrifices like the Vita version saw.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

47. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Probably not.Like all other MMO's f the series were to come to conoles it would be PS4/xb1.

I would hardly call PSO an MMO, as its missing the first "M" by a large margin, it also lacks the requirement of requiring to be always online. PSO much like Monster Hunter is an ARPG with simply great Multiplayer.
Remember when PSO was on gamecube?
Untitled

PSO was on all systems except the third which was gamecube online.
PSU was on everything but Wii
PSO2 is currently on PC in JP and headed to Vita also but only Windows for NA at the moment.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

48. Posted:

Monster Hunter is an MMORPG with no experience points and half the games don't have online. Otherwise they play pretty similarly to any other action-oriented MMO. Phantasy Star Online is and always a full-on MMO. A more action-oriented one with no exploration, but it did everything else that your standard MMO has. You're fooling yourself if you think Phantasy Star Online 2 isn't an MMO. The reason why it'll most likely be on the PS4 and Xbox One (if it comes to consoles at all...which it probably won't) is because it'd benefit from the online infrastructure and features that those consoles have, and the Wii U lacks (well, that and the specs, and the ease of porting to the Next Gen consoles).

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

49. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Monster Hunter is an MMORPG with no experience points and half the games don't have online. Otherwise they play pretty similarly to any other action-oriented MMO. Phantasy Star Online is and always a full-on MMO. A more action-oriented one with no exploration, but it did everything else that your standard MMO has. You're fooling yourself if you think Phantasy Star Online 2 isn't an MMO. The reason why it'll most likely be on the PS4 and Xbox One (if it comes to consoles at all...which it probably won't) is because it'd benefit from the online infrastructure and features that those consoles have, and the Wii U lacks (well, that and the specs, and the ease of porting to the Next Gen consoles).

I dare not fool myself, i am aware of what an MMO is and it is not. It doesnt even call itself an MMO as it lacks the first M. Its not massive, its not a persistent world, and its not only online. It has Hubs, Small groups of 5(?), a single player that carries your character over into multiplayer, and your character is not server side . It is not an MMO nor is monster hunter.

This is an MMO
Untitled
This is Phantasy Star (universe)
Untitled

Hell the title of the website is Phantasy Star Online 2 | PSO2 | Free Multiplayer Online RPG

PSO is just like Monster Hunter, just set in the future. The fact that we have monster hunter shows the Wii U would be just fine for PSO2. If there is any reason why it would go with PS4/Xbox One would be either the install base or the ease of moving a PC game over to those consoles due to the change in processor architecture being the same PC's use.

Edited on by Warruz

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

50. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I gotta agree with warruz about the MMO thing. It's more like Monster Hunter, except you don't have to join a room. Not sure if you've played Monster Hunter on Wii U, but you choose a lobby, then do stuff in the isolated area. They look very similar, besides the character statistics and such...

Also, specs is a non argument, remember? The Wii U could easily handle a game like PSO 2. X is way more demanding of a game if you haven't noticed.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Skyfox2000

51. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I doubt the Wii U could handle it without severe sacrifices like the Vita version saw.

The WII U is stronger than the vita ain't it

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

52. Posted:

@Skyfox Still not as strong as a high end PC.

@SCAR We've been down this road before, but you are in no position to talk about specs.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Skyfox2000

53. Posted:

Sega will probably reaslease it on Wii u

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

54. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
That's what I was telling you, bro :P

I'm just gonna say, I think X looks better visual wise than PSO 2. PSO 2 is free(I guess), which is probably why that is. Plus, X isn't supposed to be an MMO at all.
PSO 2 has MMO traits as far as the lobby goes, but that's it.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

Skyfox2000 wrote:

Sega will probably reaslease it on Wii u

Why?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Skyfox2000

56. Posted:

Because Sega is releasing 7 wii u games this year and Sega is one of wii u big supporters

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

57. Posted:

Obviously, Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic Olympics are part of those seven. Then there is Castle of Illusion, and Yakuza 1 & 2 HD if you're counting Japan.

I really have no clue beyond those 4 games. It could be any of their IPs, including Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Samba De Amigo, etc...
Besides the Nintendo exclusives, the other Sega games will appear on Wii U AND Xbox One/PS4.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Skyfox2000

58. Posted:

The seven games Sega announced so far are
1. Sonic Lost World
2. Mario &Sonic At the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games
3. TBA Sonic game possibly Sonic Adventure 3 or an adventure with Mario
4. Castle of illusion maybe
5. Yakazu 1&2 HD
6. TBA
7.TBA

Skyfox2000

Nintendo Network ID: Skyfox2000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EdJericho

59. Posted:

The last 2 remaining (if Castle of Illusion is one of the 7) are most likely multiplatform games seeing as Sega is also making 7 games for PS3 and 4 for 360.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

60. Posted:

Oh ya, there was a 3rd Sonic game. I must have forgotten, because there was no info after that...
I don't really see what kind of game it would be. A Sonic RPG or Adventure 3? I guess they just plan on drowning Wii U with Sonic, but I don't see an Adventure 3 happening, because it seems as though it would be too similar to Lost World.
Who knows...

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²