Wii U Forum

Topic: People and misunderstanding Wii U, Whats the best example you have?

Showing 81 to 100 of 106

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

81. Posted:

@Cheaptrick
I think you read your own article in that other thread you posted wrong. Big difference between Nintendo "getting into smartphone games" because the portable gaming industry is "going sour" and what that article actually said. Basically they were rumours, likely true, that Nintendo were sending out a tool to phone devs to make it easy to port phone games to the Wii U eShop. Basically they want to make versions of games like Angry Birds, Robot Unicorn Attacks, Fruit Ninja, Doodle Jump, Cut the Rope, Temple Run etc on the Wii U eShop. It's a touch screen, it makes sense.

Also contrary to your argument the 3DS is doing very well indeed. So far it has sold 30mill units and 78mill games (which I assume excludes digital) which is fairly reasonable. Better than the PSP did, almost as good as what the DS had done at this point in its life. No doubt that the casual market that the DS created with games like Brain Training has been eroded by smartphones and games like Draw Something, Candy Crush Saga and so on but the old market is still there. The one that existed before Brain Training, a market that was revived because of their market expansion during the DS days. There's a reason why Animal Crossing: New Leaf sold as well as it did in Japan.

Lastly get off your high horse. You aren't the only person on here with a range of gaming options at their disposal. You aren't the only person who owns a PC, Wii U, 3DS, Smartphone, Tablet, PS3 and/or 360. You aren't the only person on here who is out of school/UNI. You are just the only person who thinks these things grant you some sort of god status. Here's a hint, they don't.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Guitardude7

82. Posted:

@skywake
THANK YOU. That guy was getting on my nerves.
but uh....why not put this response on the thread he posted in?

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

83. Posted:

Read the post before mine ;)

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

84. Posted:

Don't twist any of my statements. I'm in no way saying that the 3DS is not doing well. My point is - future development of portable gaming console from both Nintendo & Sony is not any more viable to the survival of the entire console gaming market. If both Nintendo & Sony are planning to bring another generation of portable gaming console then it will fail & it will fair misserably. The mobile gaming industry is saturating the mobile gaming market of mostly free if not games that you can buy at a much lower price of the same game title you'll find on portable gaming consoles. It don't take a genius to figure this out. Portable gaming console market is bleeding to death because of this.

Nintendo latest move to go after mobile game developers is real. It has to do this. Saturo Iwata got so angry lately cuz he's been pressed about this subject (he got to punch a Nintendo investor).

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

85. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Don't twist any of my statements. I'm in no way saying that the 3DS is not doing well. My point is - future development of portable gaming console from both Nintendo & Sony is not any more viable to the survival of the entire console gaming market. If both Nintendo & Sony are planning to bring another generation of portable gaming console then it will fail & it will fair misserably. The mobile gaming industry is saturating the mobile gaming market of mostly free if not games that you can buy at a much lower price of the same game title you'll find on portable gaming consoles. It don't take a genius to figure this out. Portable gaming console market is bleeding to death because of this.

But the evidence is against you. The 3DS is doing very well. As I see it people will always pay for quality over quantity. The only way for the Portable gaming market (as in 3DS and Vita) to truly be effected by the mobile gaming market (as in Smartphones) is if the 3DS got a lot of ports. The Vita is another story, the Vita does not have good support from Sony. Sony is basically treating the Vita as an extension of the PS3/PS4. The Vita does not have its own identity like the 3DS does. As long as there are quality games, I will purchase them.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

C-Olimar

86. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

The Wii U is the product Nintendo will sell during the next console generation. Therefore it is part of that generation. The sophistication of the console's architecture or its level or sales do not define whether or not it is next gen.

I do agree with you on this one. I always see the Wii U as next gen mainly because of its innovation & as a product being sold during the next console generation. If it came out around 2005 then I would have called it current gen cuz it's part of that generation. The innovative factor played a big role on what's next gen. Some people may say the Wii U is underpowered for a next gen console but no one can deny that it's the first of its kind with off TV play & assymetrical gameplay & there's the innovation there. Though console raw power plays a pivotal role of what's next gen there's also some elements added to the mix that makes it next gen - mainly innovation. If you strip the Wii U of its Gamepad there's really nothing there that truly differentiate it from the current gen consoles. Overall, it's the Gamepad that truly makes the Wii U next gen.

Exactly. Nintendo will NEVER compete in graphical terms. It's a simple fact of their consoles. It's certainly not their market.
So are people just going to say Nintendo's new console is last gen every time they release one?

C-Olimar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

87. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Don't twist any of my statements. I'm in no way saying that the 3DS is not doing well. My point is - future development of portable gaming console from both Nintendo & Sony is not any more viable to the survival of the entire console gaming market. If both Nintendo & Sony are planning to bring another generation of portable gaming console then it will fail & it will fair misserably. The mobile gaming industry is saturating the mobile gaming market of mostly free if not games that you can buy at a much lower price of the same game title you'll find on portable gaming consoles. It don't take a genius to figure this out. Portable gaming console market is bleeding to death because of this.

But the evidence is against you. The 3DS is doing very well. As I see it people will always pay for quality over quantity. The only way for the Portable gaming market (as in 3DS and Vita) to truly be effected by the mobile gaming market (as in Smartphones) is if the 3DS got a lot of ports. The Vita is another story, the Vita does not have good support from Sony. Sony is basically treating the Vita as an extension of the PS3/PS4. The Vita does not have its own identity like the 3DS does. As long as there are quality games, I will purchase them.

For now cuz most of this 3DS users are previous 3DS users who already owned a library of 3DS games & its portable console predecessors. If its run ends it will be it.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

88. Posted:

How am I twisting your words? You were saying that the portable gaming industry was "basically dead" and that Nintendo should throw in the towel. When I argue that it's not and provide evidence of sales to back up my claims that's twisting your words? If tablets and phones were going to kill the portable console market they would have done it already. The iPhone launched in the middle of the DS' life after which the smartphone revolution took place. The iPad had launched and had a revision before the 3DS appeared. Yet there the 3DS is, 30mill units sold.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that there is more than one market?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astros75

89. Posted:

or anything. Other than cool internet arguments that make you the coolest 40 year old on your street, dawg!

Lol! too funny!

Favorite 3DS Games:
Fire Emblem: Awk. ~ Mario Kart 7 ~ Animal Crossing: NL ~ Luigis Mansion: DM
Res. Evil: Rev ~ Super Mario 3d Land ~

Favorite WiiU Games:
Pikmin 3 ~ DK: Tropical Freeze ~ MK8

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0174-1633 | Nintendo Network ID: astros75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

90. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

or anything. Other than cool internet arguments that make you the coolest 40 year old on your street, dawg!

I'm not stuck on the Wii U like you. I got so many options on my gaming that's why I'm open to inevitable changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

91. Posted:

Personal attacks is not in my ball game so I won't go in this kind of low. The way to address individual talking points is by bringing facts. I'm old enough not to resort on this kind of thing. I'll just leave this up to moderators.

I do think that this mobile gaming threat on portable console gaming is very serious (this includes Nintendo). Iwata's getting pressed by critics & Nintendo investors alike. Punching an investor is not the answer.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DefHalan

92. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

I'm not stuck on the Wii U like you. I got so many options on my gaming that's why I'm open to inevitable changes.

Cheaptrick wrote:

Personal attacks is not in my ball game so I won't go in this kind of low. I'm old enough not to resort on this kind of thing. I'll just leave this up to moderators.

I do think that this mobile gaming threat on portable console gaming is very serious. Iwata's getting pressed on by critics & Nintendo investors alike. Punching an investor is not the answer.

So you aren't attacking people?

Mobile gaming, while a big market, provides a different experience than Portable gaming. It is like movies and television series. Movies still make money by offering something similar but different than a television series. The are some gems of both and there is some bad of both but they are different experiences.

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

93. Posted:

If I need to attack I'll attack the core issue of the individual's talking points. That's my gameplay & will always be. I don't call someone fat & ugly or whatever disparaging remarks &/or discription I can make if I'll lose an argument or have nothing to say.

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

94. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Punching an investor is not the answer.

it is worrisome that I'm not completely certain you're joking

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

95. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Punching an investor is not the answer.

it is worrisome that I'm not completely certain you're joking

Joke or not, it did happened..

http://www.p4rgaming.com/satoru-iwata-punches-man-at-investor...

I do agree Jim Profits remarks at the bottom of the article.

Nintendo is a relic. You can tell the looming dominance of mobile gaming is just fraying old Iwata’s nerves.

I wouldn’t play Nintendo games even if they came to mobile devices. I encourage everyone else to do the same. The winds of change are blowing, and soon we will experience the storm of AAA tablet and smartphone gaming.

Edited on by Cheaptrick

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

96. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Punching an investor is not the answer.

it is worrisome that I'm not completely certain you're joking

Joke or not, it did happened..

http://www.p4rgaming.com/satoru-iwata-punches-man-at-investor...

OMG you just presented a satirical tabloid as evidence
it is worrisome that I'm not completely certain you're joking

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

97. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Punching an investor is not the answer.

it is worrisome that I'm not completely certain you're joking

Joke or not, it did happened..

http://www.p4rgaming.com/satoru-iwata-punches-man-at-investor...

Well, of course. I wouldn't wish to disagree with such a serious source like this.

Optimist_Prime wrote:

post

I WAS TRYING TO BE SOMEWHAT SUBTLE DUDE. It was gonna be better that way.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

98. Posted:

Denial can sometimes help. If the truth hits you it's hard to take if it's not really what you wanted. The coping mechanism is normal.

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

99. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cheaptrick wrote:

Punching an investor is not the answer.

it is worrisome that I'm not completely certain you're joking

Joke or not, it did happened..

http://www.p4rgaming.com/satoru-iwata-punches-man-at-investor...

Yes, because you should trust the website that also presents this as a serious news post.

Sorry, but any credibility that you had completely vanished.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

100. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 - I should have left you to your work, but now that I know this guy can't detect humor I'm stunned.
stunned :o

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.