Topic: Pachter strikes again!!!

Showing 141 to 160 of 197

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

141. Posted:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Unca_LZ
Don't worry about it. You probably at least know that Wii U is PowerPC, while Xbox One and PS4 are ×86. It's a legitimate reason why alot of these games aren't on Wii U.

3rd party video game developers don't know how to use PPC on anything except Xbox 360, basically. Xbox 360 is still technically a reference, even though Wii U is around 5-6 years of newer technology.

That's just a blatant lie on your part both THENGC and Wii used PPC. architecture and developers were able to make games run fine the problem we are beginning to see with games like Batman Arkham Knight and FF15 is that to much would be sacrificed to get the game to run on Wii U for terrible sales and most likely no profit due to the cost of porting.

Don't even get started, bro. You were one of the folks who originally thought Wii U couldn't run FFXV, because of DX11. Once I proved that that was BS, you started grasping onto other things. Budgets are part of it, but are generally effed to begin with, so that's much more on part of poor handling by said 3rd parties to begin with.

Tomb Raider and FF sold poorly on Xbox and PS last generation, but they continue to support them. Hmmm...

PPC has basically been abandoned by everyone besides Nintendo, so people are just naturally not going to have as much knowledge about it as ×86. I'm not lying. The last PPC video game consoles were 7th gen machines. ×86 continued on in PCs. So ya, I'm not BSing. People just know more about ×86 because it's always been common in PCs.

EDIT: Besides, you really want to blame sales? Wii U had 4 million sold while PS4 and Xbox One had 0. Support still didn't come, because they don't know jack about PPC past 7th gen.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

142. Posted:

Honestly a mostly Nintendo and indie console is fine with me as well, considering the other 3rd parties seem to be heading for a self-destructive path

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

143. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

That would not surprise me the slightest. The WiiU is barely selling.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

144. Posted:

I wouldn't say that but I see the Wii U mrroring the Vita, sales of hardware being okay but for games dong pretty well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

element187

145. Posted:

This guy again?

element187

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

146. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Unca_LZ
Don't worry about it. You probably at least know that Wii U is PowerPC, while Xbox One and PS4 are ×86. It's a legitimate reason why alot of these games aren't on Wii U.

3rd party video game developers don't know how to use PPC on anything except Xbox 360, basically. Xbox 360 is still technically a reference, even though Wii U is around 5-6 years of newer technology.

That's just a blatant lie on your part both THENGC and Wii used PPC. architecture and developers were able to make games run fine the problem we are beginning to see with games like Batman Arkham Knight and FF15 is that to much would be sacrificed to get the game to run on Wii U for terrible sales and most likely no profit due to the cost of porting.

Don't even get started, bro. You were one of the folks who originally thought Wii U couldn't run FFXV, because of DX11. Once I proved that that was BS, you started grasping onto other things. Budgets are part of it, but are generally effed to begin with, so that's much more on part of poor handling by said 3rd parties to begin with.

Tomb Raider and FF sold poorly on Xbox and PS last generation, but they continue to support them. Hmmm...

PPC has basically been abandoned by everyone besides Nintendo, so people are just naturally not going to have as much knowledge about it as ×86. I'm not lying. The last PPC video game consoles were 7th gen machines. ×86 continued on in PCs. So ya, I'm not BSing. People just know more about ×86 because it's always been common in PCs.

EDIT: Besides, you really want to blame sales? Wii U had 4 million sold while PS4 and Xbox One had 0. Support still didn't come, because they don't know jack about PPC past 7th gen.

Actually I never made that accusation about DX11 being the reason Wii U will not be getting FF15 because I actually know and understand what DX11 is (still not sure if you really do) and a system being able to support it does not = all games that use it working on the system and you proved nothing to me. Also looking at the attach rate for Wii U would tell you why 3rd parties no longer want to bring their games to the system.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

rockodoodle

147. Posted:

Read an article about him not too long ago- I think a big part of his grudge against Nintendo is that his mom didn't like the gamepad (even if his animosity predates the Wii U)..... He almost made it sound like it hurt his mom's feelings, thus his feelings.

rockodoodle

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

148. Posted:

I honestly don't think that has anything to do with it...

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

149. Posted:

Fun Fact: There's also a video on Gametrailers of Pachter talking about how he thinks Playstation Now is a doomed concept and will ultimately fail.
What a guy, huh?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

150. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I honestly don't think that has anything to do with it...

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

151. Posted:

Blast wrote:

Fun Fact: There's also a video on Gametrailers of Pachter talking about how he thinks Playstation Now is a doomed concept and will ultimately fail.
What a guy, huh?

When it was initially announced, it was pretty underwhelming at the time

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

152. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

What a guy, huh?

Wait, you mean things have changed?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

153. Posted:

I remember Patcher dogged on the Gamepad when it was first unviel during E3 2011.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

154. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Blast wrote:

What a guy, huh?

Wait, you mean things have changed?

Not really, just putting the time into perspective.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

155. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I remember Patcher dogged on the Gamepad when it was first unviel during E3 2011.

I can't blame him for that. From my experience, it's one of those cases where you really need to get your hands on the thing to see that it's really not that bad.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

156. Posted:

@Jazzer94
Well, if you understand how DX11 works, then we wouldn't even be discussing this at all. My point about sales, is that 3rd parties put out different goods. The 8th gen version of games on Xbox One are gonna sell better than the 7th gen version on Wii U. That's a given, which is why 3rd party games not selling well isn't exactly surprising, in turn, effects Wii U sales as well.

Like I said, FFXIII and Tomb Raider didn't sell that well on 160 million console install bases. Guess why.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

157. Posted:

So Pachter feels Iwata is not capable enough to lead Nintendo.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/30/a-hour-with-pachter-a-...

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

158. Posted:

I swear every time pachter brings up nintendo he has to talk about how bad iwata is

i feel like pachter is harsh on nintendo and even sony at times

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

AJ_Lethal

159. Posted:

Do I have to choke a Goomba every time Pachter opens his mouth?

deviantART

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

160. Posted:

His argument has some merit. Nintendo has had a rough two years under Iwata. Yes, he was successful with the Wii and DS, but he has been unable to turn around Nintendo's fortunes with the Wii U.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery