Wii U Forum

Topic: Pachter strikes again!!!

Showing 121 to 140 of 197

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

121. Posted:

@skywake
I agree. If Nintendo games are gonna sell the Wii U, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. 4 are the ones that would do that.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

122. Posted:

skywake wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@skywake Like I was hinting at not everyone would agree with the question I brought up and ignore my point about Gamecube. While Mario Kart may mean that much to you I can sit here and say no Zelda is what sells me on Nintendo consoles.

While we all like playing armchair analyst none of us really know what the future holds and only time will be the true answer to any question we have about the future of Wii U.

I wasn't saying it'll definitely be "the Wii U saviour" and I wasn't trying to predict the future here. I was just saying Mario Kart is kinda a big deal. Even on the Gamecube it was a big deal. Despite the Gamecube's "failure" it still sold 7mill copies putting it at #2 and it was definitely responsible for a lot of Gamecube sales. It was also surely responsible for a large number of N64 sales, don't forget that the N64 was about as big a "failure" as the Gamecube was.

tl;dr

• Will Mario Kart 8 sell well? Without a doubt
  • Will Mario Kart 8 be responsible for a turnaround in sales? Yes, Mario Kart has always done that
  • Will Mario Kart 8 "save" the Wii U? No idea, however if you were to bet on a one game "save" it would be Kart

And if not Kart then the 3 punch combo of Kart, Smash, and Bayonetta 2 (even if a little niche) should do the system well

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

skywake

123. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

And if not Kart then the 3 punch combo of Kart, Smash, and Bayonetta 2 (even if a little niche) should do the system well

The ultimate combo is Pokemon, Kart, Mario and Smash.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

124. Posted:

Eh what can I do. I knew I would get badgered for even bringing up the question.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

125. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Unca_LZ
Well, if they're being reluctant or aren't doing what they should be, then they're moot.

Perhaps to Wii U owners...but I don't get why everyone keeps talking about theoretical situations about their support anyway...

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

126. Posted:

At this point we should make out peace that the Wii U will be a Nintendo and Indie console.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

127. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

At this point we should make out peace that the Wii U will be a Nintendo and Indie console.

I can agree to that.

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

128. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Unca_LZ
Well, if they're being reluctant or aren't doing what they should be, then they're moot.

Perhaps to Wii U owners...but I don't get why everyone keeps talking about theoretical situations about their support anyway...

What do you mean? Like the PowerPC vs. ×86 discussion?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

129. Posted:

I don't understand that topic, so I can't really say much about it

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

130. Posted:

@Unca_LZ
Don't worry about it. You probably at least know that Wii U is PowerPC, while Xbox One and PS4 are ×86. It's a legitimate reason why alot of these games aren't on Wii U.

3rd party video game developers don't know how to use PPC on anything except Xbox 360, basically. Xbox 360 is still technically a reference, even though Wii U is around 5-6 years of newer technology.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

skywake

131. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Eh what can I do. I knew I would get badgered for even bringing up the question.

Well to be fair you were basically asking a question you knew the answer to. I mean really, why does everyone think that a game that has on average sold 14mill units per instalment and at worst has hovered around 5mill will change momentum? Really? I think it's pretty obvious why people are going all in on Mario Kart here.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

132. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

I can agree to that.

And I'm absolutely fine with that. seeing as how Shovel Knight and Boyonetta 2(sort of) are the only two announced 3rd party titles i'm looking forward to this year....Well, there's also the Evil within for the PS3. ;) A game that could easily be ported to the Wii U....sigh*

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

133. Posted:

@skywake Ok here's a better way to ask my question. First it was wait till Zelda...then wait till Mario...now its wait till Mario Kart. When does this actually happen? If it doesn't happen with Mario Kart then is it wait till SSB?

Battle.net - Dayman

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

134. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

@skywake Ok here's a better way to ask my question. First it was wait till Zelda...then wait till Mario...now its wait till Mario Kart. When does this actually happen? If it doesn't happen with Mario Kart then is it wait till SSB?

If it doesn't happen with those two, it's never going to happen. Many gamers these days just have poor taste in gaming, while many(younger crowd) feel like they have to prove their masculinity through a videogame, rendering the 'mario's, Kirby's, Donkey Kong's(ect ect) in their eyes childish. Pikmin 3 & the wonderful 101 for example should of been a big seller, meanwhile Call of Duty 75 & Zombie destroyer 101 continue to sell like glass Joe Hot cakes.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

skywake

135. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

People have been citing doom since before it launched. The doom rants have been old for almost a year now and the Wii U isn't that much more than a year old. Frankly I want the doom people to wait for Mario Kart purely so when they do their next doom rant I'll be so absorbed in Mario Kart that I can ignore their doom rants entirely.

AuthorMessage

faint

136. Posted:

i think many have jumped the gun on the no third party deal. maybe it's not as strong as one would like but it's not non existing.

the cod ghost fans just got a suprise free dlc map
spiderman 2
disney infinity 2
watch dogs [late still counts]
lego lotr
project cars
that hd dowload port for black gate
child of light
transformers
next monster hunter instalment

i'm expecting even more down the line tho in truth i will only buy three of these but im not everyone.

friend code: 0103-9004-2456

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

137. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

I don't know why people thought Wind Waker and 3D World were gonna save the console. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. A GCN remake saving a console is a silly idea, especially after 3DS sales weren't because of OOT3D. 3D World might have (and to be fair, holiday sales were ok-ish), but they've really overdone Mario platforming and have paid for it (though it sometimes seem like other companies can get away with that even more than Nintendo). Since 3D World they've seemed to have taken their remedial marketing class and Mario Kart and Smash are not overdone even 1/4 as much as Mario platformers and thus are a bigger deal and Nintendo is actively trying to make them a bigger deal than previous Wii U releases. That and having upcoming games that aren't so reliant on being like Wii/3DS games is why I think Wii U will recover. Unless they mess up badly at E3 or something (as last year completely brought back E3's relevance and then some).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

138. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Unca_LZ
Don't worry about it. You probably at least know that Wii U is PowerPC, while Xbox One and PS4 are ×86. It's a legitimate reason why alot of these games aren't on Wii U.

3rd party video game developers don't know how to use PPC on anything except Xbox 360, basically. Xbox 360 is still technically a reference, even though Wii U is around 5-6 years of newer technology.

That's just a blatant lie on your part both THENGC and Wii used PPC. architecture and developers were able to make games run fine the problem we are beginning to see with games like Batman Arkham Knight and FF15 is that to much would be sacrificed to get the game to run on Wii U for terrible sales and most likely no profit due to the cost of porting.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

139. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

That's not even close to what ANYONE is saying. 3rd parties have no reason to care what happens to the Wii U. It's not a profitable system for them, so why should they support it? The point is moot because 3rd parties aren't going to support the Wii U just like that. They're not giving the Wii U a fair share because it doesn't benefit them to do so.

Even if we ignore the fact that this point doesn't matter, what works for the PS4 and Xbox One will NOT necessarily work for the Wii U, as it is a different audience that pays attention to Nintendo products. If you get all the same games as the PS4, but the PS4 argues that 8 gigs of RAM make its version the better one, people will flock to the PS4. Going toe-to-toe with a system that boasts the larger numbers--no matter how arbitrary they may be to the average gamer--will never solve the Wii U's current problem. It'll only tell 3rd parties that there's even less reason for the Wii U to receive 3rd party support.

Going back to the topic that started this, if you bought a Wii U for 3rd party based on what you saw at E3 2012, you got royally duped, didn't you? Where's the 3rd party support, now? I don't see it. We've got Watch Dogs and Bayonetta 2. That's it. That's all. I'm sure Activision will continue to support the Wii U, but that doesn't impress the typical shootan fan. They'll get the Xbox One, instead, of the PS4, if they're paying attention to it. It doesn't matter who supports the Wii U, because it won't change how the public feels about the system, or Nintendo, themselves.

I know it seems unfair for this to be on anything but equal footing, but that's just the way the gaming market works. Nothing is on equal footing. Even if CoD is best played on Wii U, people will play it on Xbox, because that's what everyone else is playing it on. Even if Super Meat Boy comes to the Wii U, the PC version will still be the public favorite. Even if, by some miracle, Nintendo secured a copy of inFamous for Wii U (impossible, I know. I'm using this example for argument's sake), the PS4 version would pull in more people because it's known for being on the PS4.

Multiplats change nothing. They've never changed anything, and the Wii U certainly wasn't where it was gonna start.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

140. Posted:

Understand @skywake @kkslader5552000 @WaveBoy I expect Wii U to be relevant platform even if it's in 3rd place and don't buy the Nintendoom myself. I honestly believe the market can support 3 consoles anyway. I'm just bringing up the what if because nothing is a guarantee as people like to make it sound. In the end, we as consumers have one job and that's to play the games. Sales are more for people in the business to worry about.

Battle.net - Dayman