Showing 1 to 8 of 8
1. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 00:57 GMT
I recently bought the Wii U. Im an avid Nintendo supporter but this is the first time I'm absolutely frustrated beyond reason with one of their systems. Heres is my consoles problem:
The online connection is extremely faulty. I can connect to MiiVerse and the internet browser just fine but when I try to open Netflix it says its unable to connect. When I open LoveFilm is says an internet connection is required (how does that make sense if I'm clearly able to get on MiiVerse?). When I go to the Wii menu to download the Wii transfer app Im presented with error code 209600. Why am I able to connect to MiiVerse and the internet browser but none of the other apps? Its driving me crazy.
I have tried power cycling my modem/router and even moved my Wii U console to the same room as my modem/router. I even tried disconnecting all my other wireless devices to free up bandwidth. Still, nothing changed.
Heres whats even more frustrating, everything else I own (playstation 3, wii, laptop) all connects completely fine. Its only my Wii U that is acting up.
Is anyone else experiancing the same thing or have advice apart from sending it in to nintendo? Ive read a lot of stories of Wii U's being sent to Nintendo for repairs and coming back with only the same or a different issue.
2. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 01:32 GMT
Here's what I'd try...
1) Are you letting the wii u automatically detect your network settings? Try entering them manually.
2) after you get a static ip into the wii u, put that ip in the router's dmz. Should power cycle both the wii u and router after this just for good measure.
3) delete Netflix and love film, power cycle the wii u, reinstall them and try again. You can get to the eshop right?
Nintendo Network ID: nocode
3. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 10:26 GMT
what's power cycle?
I get the same problems as the OP. ZombieU will disconnect from the internet and I cant use the scanner features properly or spray paint... but click home, then Miiverse and it works everytime but zombieU says I cannot use this feature as I am not connected to the internet.!
Nintendo Network ID: 3Dbrains
4. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 13:28 GMT
Power cycle means turn the device completely off and then back on, not just a reboot. Sometimes devices need to be shut down completely before settings take affect.
I'd also recommend taking your wii u to another house and test it on their set up (preferably different router/modem). If it fails there too...its time to call Nintendo.
5. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 14:00 GMT
Unplug your old wii. I had loads of trouble trying to download the update over the weekend and it finally happened yesterday after I had unplugged the old wii. I don't know if it's just coincidence and the servers just got quiet or not, but it's worth a try.
6. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 15:36 GMT
I'd recommend to try to get a new router. They are very cheap nowdays.
7. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 16:05 GMT
Got a BT home hub 2. or 3. the newest one. Going to try unplugging the old Wii and see if that sorts it.
8. Posted: Tue 4th Dec 2012 16:09 GMT
As has already been suggested, try manually configuring your internet settings.