Wii U Forum

Topic: Old gen vs next gen

Showing 61 to 80 of 129

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

61. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

W101>Knack, IMO and that came out a couple months ago already.

You stated in another thread that you don't even want to buy the W101, have only played the demo, and you are now claiming its 'better' than a game that hasn't even been released yet and one you haven't even played?! That's like watching two movie trailers then giving your 'opinion' on which movie is better based on those.

And as someone who owns the game the W101, let me tell you the demo is hardly representative of the entire experience. It would be foolish to play the demo and then feel qualified to form an opinion on the final product.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

62. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Lol people always bring up having to pay for online. Hate to tell you, if you can't afford those small online fees then you have chosen the wrong hobby.

It isn't that I can't afford them it is the fact that for 9 years I paid for Xbox Live and all they did was give me useless apps. If I am paying for something I expect something in return.

A stable online experience? The ability to chat with friends across all games? Access to tons of demos and video content?

It's like $5 a month, the price of a hamburger. How is that unreasonable? You likely pay 10X that each month for cellphone service.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

63. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

W101>Knack, IMO and that came out a couple months ago already.

You stated in another thread that you don't even want to buy the W101, have only played the demo, and you are now claiming its 'better' than a game that hasn't even been released yet and one you haven't even played?! That's like watching two movie trailers then giving your 'opinion' on which movie is better based on those.

And as someone who owns the game the W101, let me tell you the demo is hardly representative of the entire experience. It would be foolish to play the demo and then feel qualified to form an opinion on the final product.

While I agree, Demos are released for people to form opinions around and to try to convince people to purchase the game. So it is reasonable to form an opinion around a Demo, or movie trailer, it just may not be an accurate opinion.

DefHalan

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

64. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

W101>Knack, IMO and that came out a couple months ago already.

You stated in another thread that you don't even want to buy the W101, have only played the demo, and you are now claiming its 'better' than a game that hasn't even been released yet and one you haven't even played?! That's like watching two movie trailers then giving your 'opinion' on which movie is better based on those.

And as someone who owns the game the W101, let me tell you the demo is hardly representative of the entire experience. It would be foolish to play the demo and then feel qualified to form an opinion on the final product.

While I agree, Demos are released for people to form opinions around and to try to convince people to purchase the game. So it is reasonable to form an opinion around a Demo, or movie trailer, it just may not be an accurate opinion.

Is it reasonable to compare a demo to an unreleased game, then give a 'valid' opinion on which one is better? I'd be embarrassed to form an 'opinion' on such information, let alone use that 'opinion' to support an argument I'm trying to make.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

65. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Lol people always bring up having to pay for online. Hate to tell you, if you can't afford those small online fees then you have chosen the wrong hobby.

It isn't that I can't afford them it is the fact that for 9 years I paid for Xbox Live and all they did was give me useless apps. If I am paying for something I expect something in return.

The apps are actually more used than gaming at this point so that counts for something. Plus they've started giving games for free.

Take PS+ I bought my first three months to prepare for getting a Vita in the next two months and a PS4 shortly afterward, With just the sub I got all the games for October and waiting on the november updates. All these games for free.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
AJ_Lethal

AJ_Lethal

66. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Lol people always bring up having to pay for online. Hate to tell you, if you can't afford those small online fees then you have chosen the wrong hobby.

PC masta race, y0.

deviantART

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

67. Posted:

AJ_Lethal wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Lol people always bring up having to pay for online. Hate to tell you, if you can't afford those small online fees then you have chosen the wrong hobby.

PC masta race, y0.

Steam Machine+Wii U best combonation confrimed.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

68. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Lol people always bring up having to pay for online. Hate to tell you, if you can't afford those small online fees then you have chosen the wrong hobby.

It isn't that I can't afford them it is the fact that for 9 years I paid for Xbox Live and all they did was give me useless apps. If I am paying for something I expect something in return.

The apps are actually more used than gaming at this point so that counts for something. Plus they've started giving games for free.

Take PS+ I bought my first three months to prepare for getting a Vita in the next two months and a PS4 shortly afterward, With just the sub I got all the games for October and waiting on the november updates. All these games for free.
Untitled

I will take my free Wii-U online, with COD lobbies featuring less than 2000 players and paying $5.99 to download Urban Champion, thank you very much!!

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

69. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

A stable online experience? The ability to chat with friends across all games? Access to tons of demos and video content?

It's like $5 a month, the price of a hamburger. How is that unreasonable? You likely pay 10X that each month for cellphone service.

Stable Online Experience? Seriously? I cannot remember the last time I would call Xbox Live stable. Ability to chat with friends across all games? It isn't that important for me to be able to chat to a friend playing Mass Effect while I play Skyrim. As long as I can chat with them in the same game. Access to tons of demos and video content? Demos I don't really play and when it comes to Video Content, I don't really care. I have a computer with the internet

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Is it reasonable to compare a demo to an unreleased game, then give a 'valid' opinion on which one is better? I'd be embarrassed to form an 'opinion' on such information, let alone use that 'opinion' to support an argument I'm trying to make.

Basically you are asking if it is ok to have an opinion without all the facts. Yes it is perfectly fine, as long as you understand that it is an opinion.

Sony_70 wrote:

The apps are actually more used than gaming at this point so that counts for something. Plus they've started giving games for free.

Take PS+ I bought my first three months to prepare for getting a Vita in the next two months and a PS4 shortly afterward, With just the sub I got all the games for October and waiting on the november updates. All these games for free.

Having All those apps is a smart business choice but when I am paying to "enhance my gaming experience" and I get non-gaming apps in return plus a higher price then why would I continue to pay? PS+ gives free games but only if you keep up with your subscription, the second you stop you don't have those games anymore which is fine but I personally don't want that. I want to own my games without having to pay subscription fees

EDIT: But hey, this is all just my opinion.

Edited on by DefHalan

DefHalan

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

70. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Basically you are asking if it is ok to have an opinion without all the facts. Yes it is perfectly fine, as long as you understand that it is an opinion.

A worthless and uneducated opinion, yes. And certainly not one that should be used to argue a point.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

71. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Basically you are asking if it is ok to have an opinion without all the facts. Yes it is perfectly fine, as long as you understand that it is an opinion.

A worthless and uneducated opinion, yes. And certainly not one that should be used to argue a point.

So someone can use their opinion on something as a reason why their opinion on something else isn't good?

DefHalan

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
MikeLove

MikeLove

72. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Basically you are asking if it is ok to have an opinion without all the facts. Yes it is perfectly fine, as long as you understand that it is an opinion.

A worthless and uneducated opinion, yes. And certainly not one that should be used to argue a point.

So someone can use their opinion on something as a reason why their opinion on something else isn't good?

It's my opinion that there is gravity on the moon and that it has a tropical climate.

Thank you for respecting and not questioning my opinion.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
DefHalan

DefHalan

73. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Basically you are asking if it is ok to have an opinion without all the facts. Yes it is perfectly fine, as long as you understand that it is an opinion.

A worthless and uneducated opinion, yes. And certainly not one that should be used to argue a point.

So someone can use their opinion on something as a reason why their opinion on something else isn't good?

It's my opinion that there is gravity on the moon and that it has a tropical climate.

Thank you for respecting and not questioning my opinion.

You're welcome ;)

DefHalan

Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage
8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai

74. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

Lol people always bring up having to pay for online. Hate to tell you, if you can't afford those small online fees then you have chosen the wrong hobby.

"I can not afford to pay for online services" =/= "Online services X, Y, and Z are not worth [so-and-so] amount of dollars."

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

75. Posted:

meet the new gen
same as the old gen

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

76. Posted:

@FutureAlphaMale
You apparently didn't even read my entire post. I was comparing the W101 demo against the Knack demo. There was a PS4 to try out at GameStop.

The graphics are a little more flashy than W101(not by much, but still), but W101 is a better game, based on BOTH demos.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
kereke12

kereke12

77. Posted:

- The only thing I see is the lighting that has changed. But other then that I see no difference. Now Example: Forza 5 on Xbox looks so real I couldn't even tell if I was watching, a race or looking at a gameplay. Also with Drive Club On PS4 there are some parts that look super real. Now as for Next-gen, Nintendo is the one, the ability to play off-screen, touch-screen features. I can go all day talking about how good Wii U is. Wii U is Next-gen is that people are to stupid to notice.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

AuthorMessage
skywake

skywake

78. Posted:

Yeah, I think it's fine if you want to make a point about how you don't think it's important. I'll even agree with that, I own a freaking Wii U and toy with the idea of buying some cross platform games for the Wii U rather than playing it on PC. However some people in this thread are kidding themselves.

There is a difference, the difference is noticeable and it's not a trivial change. Just because we're mostly Nintendo fans here and because of that probably have a different sense of what is and isn't important doesn't mean we should bury our heads in the sand. Comparing identical, scaled down screenshots. Pretty sad I think.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
bail

bail

79. Posted:

i would like to see a next-gen game like battlefield 4 running live on the ps4. i fell like youtube videos aren't showing the real deal...
has anybody played a ps4 at a promo stand? i'd loke to hear some real opinions on how much difference there is between ps3 and ps4

Gaming Appreciation.

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

80. Posted:

bail wrote:

i would like to see a next-gen game like battlefield 4 running live on the ps4. i fell like youtube videos aren't showing the real deal...
has anybody played a ps4 at a promo stand? i'd loke to hear some real opinions on how much difference there is between ps3 and ps4

The PS4 version is the PC version of the game at high and ha a high player count. (PS3-24) (PS4-64).

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70