Wii U Forum

Topic: Old gen vs next gen

Showing 21 to 40 of 131

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

21. Posted:

robertogallo84 wrote:

Again: I'm not trying to say that Ps4 doesn't have POTENTIAL to make games that will be clearly better than Ps3. I'm saying this isn't the case at launch, and it was the case in every other gen in history.

Look at the texturing and level of detail in the next gen games as opposed to their current gen counterparts. There is a huge difference.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

22. Posted:

I don't see any difference. This is like the Emperor's New Clothes. There is no way there is a huge difference lol.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

23. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

I don't see any difference.

You need to visit your optometrist soon then.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

24. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

dumedum wrote:

I don't see any difference.

You need to visit your optometrist soon then.

To be fair your example images didn't do it justice at all. They basically looked identical to each other

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Artwark

25. Posted:

The only reason why we go to next gen is for the sake of getting games. We know next gen will have new games we like. Compare DS and 3DS games.
Did you enjoy Super Mario 64 DS more than 3D land or the opposite? do you play DS games more than 3DS?

The problem with next gen games is that limitations aren't all that limited for next gen. In previous gens like in the 16-bit era, limitations were a lot and devs had to keep experimenting to get it right for their console to sell and it works. Here, you can pretty much just launch the game and when bugs approach, a patch should be made just so consumers get satisfied and that's that.

Looking back to graphics, I can't see anything that makes me say atleast "wow". Because PS3 graphics are just as same as PS4. This is why I love Nintendo because there's always a reason why they make under powered technology because they knew it would be pointless to make games with realistic graphics.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage
Avatar

robertogallo84

26. Posted:

RancidVomit86 wrote:

robertogallo84 wrote:

Again: I'm not trying to say that Ps4 doesn't have POTENTIAL to make games that will be clearly better than Ps3. I'm saying this isn't the case at launch, and it was the case in every other gen in history.

Look at the texturing and level of detail in the next gen games as opposed to their current gen counterparts. There is a huge difference.

So show me the pictures. Use the google and prove your point.

robertogallo84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

27. Posted:

Artwark wrote:

The only reason why we go to next gen is for the sake of getting games. We know next gen will have new games we like. Compare DS and 3DS games.
Did you enjoy Super Mario 64 DS more than 3D land or the opposite? do you play DS games more than 3DS?

The problem with next gen games is that limitations aren't all that limited for next gen. In previous gens like in the 16-bit era, limitations were a lot and devs had to keep experimenting to get it right for their console to sell and it works. Here, you can pretty much just launch the game and when bugs approach, a patch should be made just so consumers get satisfied and that's that.

Looking back to graphics, I can't see anything that makes me say atleast "wow". Because PS3 graphics are just as same as PS4. This is why I love Nintendo because there's always a reason why they make under powered technology because they knew it would be pointless to make games with realistic graphics.

That's not the reason at all. They make underpowered hardware as to not put a ton of risk on the company.The Wii was the first system of Nintendo's that was underpowered on a hardware level. Before that nintendo's consoles were as cutting edge as everyone elses and only failed due to Nintendo picking stupid media formats.

I don't know why you guys don't seem to realize this but more powerful hardware just doesn't effect graphical capabilities

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

28. Posted:

Ok maybe the devs themselves have to show you the differences

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

29. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I don't know why you guys don't seem to realize this but more powerful hardware just doesn't effect graphical capabilities

Yea this is true too. They are talking about hundreds zombies on screen at once in Dead Rising 3 and drool over thoughts of next gen Elder Scrolls.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

30. Posted:

All I know is that it seems like there isn't going to be a huge leap in power this upcoming gen as opposed to last gen.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WhereEaglesDare

31. Posted:

mamp wrote:

All I know is that it seems like there isn't going to be a huge leap in power this upcoming gen as opposed to last gen.

Reminds me of Xbox 360 launch "it looks like an Xbox game in HD with no anti-aliasing"

Yeah, no...there's a gap already and it will become more apparent. I hope you didn't expect the Wii U to be remotely hardware competitive with the PS4 or even XB1.

Edited on by WhereEaglesDare

WhereEaglesDare

AuthorMessage
Avatar

robertogallo84

32. Posted:

BanjoThreeie wrote:

mamp wrote:

All I know is that it seems like there isn't going to be a huge leap in power this upcoming gen as opposed to last gen.

Reminds me of Xbox 360 launch "it looks like an Xbox game in HD with no anti-aliasing"

No, the X360 launch games didn't look like Xbox HD.

robertogallo84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

robertogallo84

33. Posted:

And even if they did, HD is already more than these differences we are seeing in the Ps4/XONE launch lineup.

robertogallo84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

34. Posted:

@Sony_70
When I saw the Dead Rising 2 and 3 pics, I though Chuck was playable in DR3.

There's definitely a difference, but I think it will take longer than launch to see more obvious results. It looks pretty similar to me honestly. I have glasses, BTW. I see more lighting and maybe more textures and ploygons, but the 7th gen systems were already pretty detailed, so it makes it harder to pinpoint MAJOR changes.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

35. Posted:

Personally I find the low res shadows, horrible AA at 720 and slow framerates pretty distracting. So them fixing those issues and pushing up the resolution of textures is a fair bump as it is. That's pretty much all we're seeing so far. When they push it further it'll be even better.

Really, if you can't see the difference already you either need your eyes tested or you're really just kidding yourself.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

36. Posted:

Yea - the difference is there. If you own a gaming PC, pick a relatively recent game and toggle between "high" and "ultra" settings. The difference may not totally blow you away, but the smaller things like shadowing and lighting effects, water, object movement, etc. add up to immerse you a bit more. Also, I just viewed a video in which advances in AI for the next gen were discussed, which reveals the fact that not all of this new power is going into graphics alone.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gso

37. Posted:

New consoles look nice and I'm sure there will be bad games and good games. Although I do agree the jump is not as "significant" as other generations. It's mostly eye candy. But gameplay and fun will always trump hardware. So there will be very good new games to play and we will still play some of the old ones in our retro consoles :D

Gso

Nintendo Network ID: gisotelog

AuthorMessage
Avatar

8BitSamurai

38. Posted:

Er, OP, I don't really think it's fair to compare entirely new games to launch day ports.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

39. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

^^ all looks the same to me. Identical. Some even look better on the old gen IMO.

...because he used mostly cutscene screenshots...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Phatosaurus

40. Posted:

Untitled

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus