Topic: NSMBU

Posts 581 to 585 of 585

swordx

Metal_Sonic wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

swordx wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

swordx wrote:

I'm actually more excited for the Luigi DLC than I was for the game. I think that this is due to the extreme difficulty that the DLC showed. It looks pretty epic.

What extreme difficulty? Tell me you're exaggerating.

Let me rephrase that. What people have been saying is extreme difficulty. Other people have been raving out how hard it looks. I think it looks easy, but it still looks harder than the normal game.

Okay. I'll just hope they're wrong. The last thing a Mario game needs is to become more frustrating.

You serious bro? I've always thought that they were too easy, but I guess that's just me..

I also thought that they were too easy. In fact, I'm going to download Mario: The Lost Levels in a few days because I've been wanting a challenge.

swordx

e-love

I think there just has to be a perfect balance between 'fun' challenge and 'frustrating' challenge.

For instance, I really didn't enjoy the original Super Mario Bros. all that much because it was frustrating. More so because of the inconsistent jump physics, but maybe that's just me not being used to it.

I used to think Super Mario Bros. 3 was impossible in Worlds 7 + 8, but now I can clear every level easily within a few hours. Sometimes it just takes experience. I found a few levels in New Super Mario Bros. U to be on the challenging side. I have no problem with being able to beat a level without losing a life, as long as the level design is worth while. When you look at the original New Super Mario Bros. that game verges on a boring 'too easy' style of play, because unlike the Wii U game, its level designs were extremely bland.

I would hope, since this is DLC and is optional, that the difficulty is added up a notch for those of us more experienced players. I agree with @Chrono in him saying that such difficulty would lead to a much more rewarding experience. There just needs to be a proper balance.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

CrimsonFire

I dont know if i should get this game. NSMB2 was not any fin so even though i know NSMBU is better than 2; NSMB2 left a bad taste in my mouth. I did try buying the game sometime in December but Gamestop didnt have a copy. SO i never bought it. Should i buy it though or save my money for other releases such a Pikmin and Wonderful 101

swordx

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I dont know if i should get this game. NSMB2 was not any fin so even though i know NSMBU is better than 2; NSMB2 left a bad taste in my mouth. I did try buying the game sometime in December but Gamestop didnt have a copy. SO i never bought it. Should i buy it though or save my money for other releases such a Pikmin and Wonderful 101

It is, in my opinion, the best 2D Mario so far. BUY IT!

swordx

Knux

I've beaten this game yesterday. I still stand by what I said about NSMBU earlier. Perhaps there is hope for future NSMB games after all. I do find it hilariously odd that you can take Baby Yoshis with you on the world map and through multiple levels, but not adult Yoshis.

Knux

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.