Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 441 to 460 of 585

e-love

CM30 wrote:

Same system was present in New Super Mario Bros Wii too.

Oh I forgot. Just shows how all the NSMB games kinda blur together for me..

Hopefully this one will change that!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

CM30

True.

But hey, anyone say this new footage of Coin Battle mode from the official website?

Looks pretty good I'd say, I like all the different levels and arenas you can play in this mode, and the coin placement stuff is sort of like a level editor.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DudeSean

A full fledged level editor would've been better, but hey, I'll take it.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

holchasaur

Anyone else having issues with Miiverse not working in NSMBU? It worked beautifully before but ever since Miiverse went down and came back up, it won't load any user comments at all. I even went and adjusted the setting on the NSMBU menu and in the Miiverse settings.

I assume this feature could simply be unavailable at the moment but it doesn't hurt to ask. Any advice/updates would be appreciated.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

Discostew

Not sure if this was brought up, or if I'm just doing it wrong, but it seems that you can only use the Gamepad in NSMBU when you are either playing single-player, or multiplayer with Boost mode on. I couldn't play multiplayer normally with it.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Adam

The gamepad is only for boost blocks in multiplayer,unfortunately.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

e-love

So how is everyone liking the game?

I'm enjoying my little slice of the Wii U launch with Nintendo Land. I wish I could play NSMBU, but I'm waiting until Christmas.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

holchasaur

It's pretty great so far. It's everything good about the NSMB series mixed with elements of SMB3 and SMW. So far, I like it much better than the other NSMB games.

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

BenAV

Challenge mode or whatever has me a bit excited for this, because that looks like it could be good fun.
Sadly 11 more days before I can find out for myself.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Adam

Challenge mode is great. Only tried time trials so far but there are several challenge types.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Whopper744

Played the first 2 worlds and I am loving this. Looks great, plays great. Great to see baby Yoshi's back and regular Yoshi. Loving the map too, and the caste...yeah anyway, feel like Im' rambling. it's been great so far.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Cyber_Canuck

Really enjoyed my brief time with it thus far. Also amazing how easily it can be played on the gamepad.

I have a really basic question about the game however (kind of embarrassing) - I'm trying to figure out the incentives/motivation behind collection of star coins/coins/points.

I just started, but I assume star coin collecting is part "fun for the sake of collecting each one" and perhaps they are needed to open up worlds (I'm just guessing - not really concerned if this is or isn't the case).

Coints seem like they just get you extra lives. Do they get in really short supply? How motivated should I be to collect each one I see?

How do points effect gameplay/experience?

Thanks guys! I want to make sure I'm focusing my energies correctly here!

Cyber_Canuck

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.