Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 201 to 220 of 585

Ryno

Thanks for the links CM30. I'm like all the Super Mario World connections.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

e-love

So I'm a little concerned for the music in this game. For a while now I thought it was all brand new based on the trailers and main theme.

However, since all this hands-on footage has been appearing as of late, I'm hearing familiar music on the beach and forest levels. Did Nintendo really keep the same music from 2009's NSMBW with this one still? I thought NSMB2 was the last of it.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

GamecubeMan

Emaan wrote:

So I'm a little concerned for the music in this game. For a while now I thought it was all brand new based on the trailers and main theme.

However, since all this hands-on footage has been appearing as of late, I'm hearing familiar music on the beach and forest levels. Did Nintendo really keep the same music from 2009's NSMBW with this one still? I thought NSMB2 was the last of it.

I like the main theme, the beach theme is okay but I hope they stop re using the music, because thats just lazy.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

e-love

I like the main theme too, but if every theme other than the overworld is the exact same that I've heard for 3 years, I'll be a little disappointed.

I just noticed it seems to not have changed for the desert levels or for the boss battles.
Of course, this is based on demo footage, not the full game. But I remember making the same comments a while before NSMB2's release thinking the music would be different in the final version, and that wasn't so.

GamecubeMan

Hopefully it will change but Im not surpised it happened with NSMB2. The whole game had the same artstyle and music of Wii

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

Whopper744

Norfair wrote:

Untitled

I think this might be the Nabbit!
Nice find, Ninty!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/new_super_mario_bros...

I see a Bowser Jr mask

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

e-love

GamecubeMan wrote:

Hopefully it will change but Im not surpised it happened with NSMB2. The whole game had the same artstyle and music of Wii

The difference is its obvious Nintendo has put more work into this game for the Wii U's launch than the 3DS game. NSMB2 was also made by a younger team who probably didn't want to make any new music, so just recycled. This game is made by the veteran team, who are more experienced and I expect much better.

Its clear an effort is being made to make this New Super Mario Bros. game the best one yet, with the new art style and some new music. But I can't help but feel its lazy not to keep the creativity consistent and give us a completely new soundtrack.

I'm still hoping what I've seen was just placeholder audio for the demo editions, but you never know.

GamecubeMan

Well at least we get some Mario at launch. I will probably pick this one up along with Pikmin 3 when I pick up my Wii U next summer

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
My

CM30

Emaan wrote:

I like the main theme too, but if every theme other than the overworld is the exact same that I've heard for 3 years, I'll be a little disappointed.

I just noticed it seems to not have changed for the desert levels or for the boss battles.
Of course, this is based on demo footage, not the full game. But I remember making the same comments a while before NSMB2's release thinking the music would be different in the final version, and that wasn't so.

I was different, sort of. According to Mario Wiki, the boss music for Reznor was originally the same as the Koopaling boss theme but changed to the SMW remix nearer release day.

Maybe the same could happen again?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Xilef

Emaan wrote:

Both, maybe? Some new music, some old? I think GameXplain metioned something about it having new music on the comments of their video, although i'm not sure he meant everything was new.

Xilef

19Robb92

The game looks really smooth visually, love it.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

New_3DaSh_XL

Xilef wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Both, maybe? Some new music, some old? I think GameXplain metioned something about it having new music on the comments of their video, although i'm not sure he meant everything was new.

Nintendo always changes the music last-minute, and there's going to be a few familiar tunes, but I'm sure there'll be new tunes. Just guessing.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

CM30

I have to say... well, I've said this a lot already, but I really love the screens of Boom Boom being powered up by Kamek's magic and Morton's airship. In fact, I think I've figured out how the Boom Boom battle shown there works.

That sand turns into water every now and again and presumably Boom Boom swims through it to try and attack Mario. Here's why I believe this:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/BoomBo...

Then again, I could be wrong. Maybe that's just world 2's tower and world 4's tower and they're two seperate levels. Still, Boom Boom's mad flailing in other screens at least implies his abilities are different, right?

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

LolWut

These pics give me a boner

Do I even play?
What's a "gamer" anyway? POKÉMON!

Norfair

LolWut wrote:

These pics give me a boner

"Anyone order.. Pipe cleaning..?"

My body is ready, can you say the same? Is your body ready?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-9601-9308

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.