Wii U Forum

Topic: Nolan Busnell slags off Wii U... again...

Showing 21 to 40 of 73

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

21. Posted:

I think that's fortunate, not unfortunate. Nintendo having loyal fans is critical to the brand and to the Company's business.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

22. Posted:

Loyal fans isn't necessarily the same thing as being a fanboy, the notion that no bad news no actually not even that, that no news not obviously praising nintendo shouldn't be covered on a nintendo site its just plain crazy, I almost get the impression some would rather nl was a nintendo propaganda site proclaiming the wii u as the best selling console of all time, you could go one step further and rig the polls to show 100% universal praise across the board from the community, I don't think such people help nintendo or any other company for that matter in the slightest.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

23. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

I think that's fortunate, not unfortunate. Nintendo having loyal fans is critical to the brand and to the Company's business.

Like Reala implied, there's a difference between a loyal fan and a fanboy. Fanboys simply deny all bad news and write off any critic as stupid, ignorant, or dumb, even if the criticism is valid. See Michael Pachter for example.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

24. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Sigh. I really wish Nintendo gamers and fans would stop getting so upset and annoyed when someone dares to have viewpoints about the Big N that they don't agree with. Is he right?

Unfortunately many Nintendo fans simply don't want to see the Big N being criticized. Nevermind that the 3DS almost failed and how the Wii U is in the same boat.

but, you know, this not limited to Nintendo every fan acts like this and in my opinion the fanatic Apple followers are the worst of the bunch....

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

25. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Sigh. I really wish Nintendo gamers and fans would stop getting so upset and annoyed when someone dares to have viewpoints about the Big N that they don't agree with. Is he right?

Unfortunately many Nintendo fans simply don't want to see the Big N being criticized. Nevermind that the 3DS almost failed and how the Wii U is in the same boat.

if anything I'm glad for their recent failures, as it served as a big wake-up call in many areas and the company already looks far better in the long run (both from a business and as a fan of good games) than they did 2 years ago.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

26. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

the_shpydar wrote:

Sigh. I really wish Nintendo gamers and fans would stop getting so upset and annoyed when someone dares to have viewpoints about the Big N that they don't agree with. Is he right?

Unfortunately many Nintendo fans simply don't want to see the Big N being criticized. Nevermind that the 3DS almost failed and how the Wii U is in the same boat.

if anything I'm glad for their recent failures, as it served as a big wake-up call in many areas and the company already looks far better in the long run than they did 2 years ago.

Competition and mistakes usually lead to good things :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dumedum

27. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

dumedum wrote:

I think that's fortunate, not unfortunate. Nintendo having loyal fans is critical to the brand and to the Company's business.

Like Reala implied, there's a difference between a loyal fan and a fanboy. Fanboys simply deny all bad news and write off any critic as stupid, ignorant, or dumb, even if the criticism is valid. See Michael Pachter for example.

But what's wrong with that? Surely it's good for Nintendo. Loyal fans, extreme fans, crazy fans, as long as they're fans it's good for Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't need its fans to be objective, composed, calculating, or even rational. They just need them to buy their games. It's good. And should therefore be encouraged IMO. Like GuSilverFlame said, Apple basically built an empire on this approach. If Nintendo didn't have fanboys, I shudder to think where they would be today.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

28. Posted:

dumedum wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

dumedum wrote:

I think that's fortunate, not unfortunate. Nintendo having loyal fans is critical to the brand and to the Company's business.

Like Reala implied, there's a difference between a loyal fan and a fanboy. Fanboys simply deny all bad news and write off any critic as stupid, ignorant, or dumb, even if the criticism is valid. See Michael Pachter for example.

But what's wrong with that? Surely it's good for Nintendo. Loyal fans, extreme fans, crazy fans, as long as they're fans it's good for Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't need its fans to be objective, composed, calculating, or even rational. They just need them to buy their games. It's good. And should therefore be encouraged IMO.

They really don't need encouragement except maybe to step out into the real world from time to time.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

29. Posted:

Crazy and extreme fans sometimes kill the actor they admire.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

30. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Crazy and extreme fans sometimes kill the actor they admire.

or the musician they admire. or anything else they admire...
and in the Computer Engineering course at college there's a guy planning on destroying Apple to buy it right after because he loves it....

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

31. Posted:

Reala wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Reala, in your own words:

Untitled

Since you obviously have no intent on doing anything good with yours, can I have it?

Ö

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

32. Posted:

Klimbatize wrote:

Reala wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Reala, in your own words:

Untitled

Since you obviously have no intent on doing anything good with yours, can I have it?

Ö

I award Reala the "Best comment of the mouth" award.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

33. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Reala wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Reala, in your own words:

Untitled

Since you obviously have no intent on doing anything good with yours, can I have it?

Ö

I award Reala the "Best comment of the mouth" award.

I double that award.

I also award Reala a cookie. Because cookies are delicious, and everyone knows that Reala is the true-life inspiration for Cookie Monster.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

34. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Klimbatize wrote:

Reala wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Reala, in your own words:

Untitled

Since you obviously have no intent on doing anything good with yours, can I have it?

Ö

I award Reala the "Best comment of the mouth" award.

I double that award.

I also award Reala a cookie. Because cookies are delicious, and everyone knows that Reala is the true-life inspiration for Cookie Monster.

wow NL became a place where people deal their lifes and souls to the black market... :p

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

johnvboy

35. Posted:

With Atari releasing consoles like the Lynx and Jaguar,Nolan Busnell will be quite an authority on irrelevance

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

36. Posted:

I honestly wonder why some fans must defend Nintendo against all negative opinions.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

johnvboy

37. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I honestly wonder why some fans must defend Nintendo against all negative opinions.

I think most fans of a particular format like to defend them,and to be fair I think Nintendo have to put up with this far more than other formats.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSolarFlare

38. Posted:

johnvboy wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I honestly wonder why some fans must defend Nintendo against all negative opinions.

I think most fans of a particular format like to defend them,and to be fair I think Nintendo have to put up with this far more than other formats.

to be fair I believe that Apple fans FANATICS are far more hardcore and protective than any videogame fan.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

39. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I honestly wonder why some fans must defend Nintendo against all negative opinions.

I wonder that, too. I also wonder why the vultures hang around and must attack those who must defend Nintendo. Some sort of internet circle of life, I suppose.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

40. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

I honestly wonder why some fans must defend Nintendo against all negative opinions.

I wonder that, too. I also wonder why the vultures hang around and must attack those who must defend Nintendo. Some sort of internet circle of life, I suppose.

I wouldn't call it attacking so much as trying to talk sense into them, at least around here.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~