Wii U Forum

Topic: No Saints Row 4 on Wii U

Showing 21 to 40 of 47

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

21. Posted:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: People trashing the series have really poor taste in games.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

22. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm sure everyone who says this doesn't affect them is secretly the people who would go head over heels if this was coming to the Wii U.

nope. I could not care less about this franchise. Again, complain about something of value like Bioshock Infinite.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

23. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Again, complain about something of value like Bioshock Infinite.

Wanting what you can't have is unnecessary.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

24. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Again, complain about something of value like Bioshock Infinite.

Wanting what you can't have is unnecessary.

Not as unnecessary as a Saint's Row 4?

I mean granted, it could be worst. People could still care about Dead Island...oh wait :/

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

25. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm sure everyone who says this doesn't affect them is secretly the people who would go head over heels if this was coming to the Wii U.

nope. I could not care less about this franchise. Again, complain about something of value like Bioshock Infinite.

I'm actually even kinda doubting that. I loved Bioshock, but Bioshock 2 was horrendous IMO. I'll be watching out for it, but alot of the 'popular' games of last gen kept getting good scores along with me actually liking the first entry, so naturally I would try them out, only to be disappointed. Most of the games I used to liked on PS3 and Xbox 360 in the early parts of their lifetime died pretty fast IMO.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

26. Posted:

to be fair, no one really cares much about Bioshock 2 and IIRC wasn't by the same team. And Infinite is willing to be an entirely new setting and stuff.

Best point made about Saint's Row IV's trailer, the game needs to have something about it beyond "look at how CRRRR-AAAAZY this is".

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

27. Posted:

I think the problem with this game, is that GTA has already had the market in this type of game for a while. Saints Row tries to outdo GTA and it does, but they do so while GTA is clearly working on the next game. Saints Row pretty much looks like the 'GTA filler' while you're waiting for GTA. GTA wins vs. Saints Row just by default when there's actually a new GTA to be referenced. This game was supposed to be DLC, while GTA 5 is going to be a completely new game in a series.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

28. Posted:

the clear winner will be Watch Dogs. /fact /truth /disagreeandyouarewronghahahahaha :P

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

29. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Again, complain about something of value like Bioshock Infinite.

Wanting what you can't have is unnecessary.

Not as unnecessary as a Saint's Row 4?

I mean granted, it could be worst. People could still care about Metal Gear Rising Revengeance...oh wait :/

Saints Row might be worth talking about since it's fairly far from release. Though, I highly doubt it.

Oh, and I changed your quote a little.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

30. Posted:

AbeVigoda wrote:

MANIAC911 wrote:

I'm not going to lose any sleep over this. Especially with GTA V coming out in September.

On Wii-U? Highly unlikely.

Looks like its Lego City for you!

Spoken with great relish. :p
It's funny because it's true.

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

31. Posted:

I think the closest thing that the Wii U is gonna get to GTA is Lego City.
I'm pretty sure they all think its a baby console as well, and no self-respecting gamer would play a GTA type game on a Nintendo console.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

32. Posted:

Whacking 13 year olds with oversized ding dongs is the hardcorz rage nowadays.

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

33. Posted:

You know the best way to tell someone has no idea whatsoever about Saint's Row?

They think it's a GTA clone. Might as well call Skyrim a GTA clone while we're at it.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

34. Posted:

saints row is similar to what the GTA games would have become if Rocksstar didn't uber serious with the series. The games are actually good and mostly played for their humor.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lyndexer

35. Posted:

I wasn't so aghast by the announcement of the delay for SR4 not coming on Wii U. As I said in the main topic, it's really inappropriate for young Nintendo audience.

3DS Friend code: 5155-3411-2565

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3411-2565 | Nintendo Network ID: Corey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoryLee

36. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

You know the best way to tell someone has no idea whatsoever about Saint's Row?

They think it's a GTA clone. Might as well call Skyrim a GTA clone while we're at it.

Its hard not to think that its a clone when all the reviewers and gamers call it that. And MadAussieBloke comment is no different than the way you stereotype all Nintendo fans.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Lyndexer

37. Posted:

RoryLee wrote:

Bankai wrote:

You know the best way to tell someone has no idea whatsoever about Saint's Row?

They think it's a GTA clone. Might as well call Skyrim a GTA clone while we're at it.

Its hard not to think that its a clone when all the reviewers and gamers call it that. And MadAussieBloke comment is no different than the way you stereotype all Nintendo fans.

Saints Row is like a mocked version of GTA. The fact I have played it and own it. Though, there is humor to it and different kind of weapons. As well, you can take clans territory over and customize your character.

3DS Friend code: 5155-3411-2565

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3411-2565 | Nintendo Network ID: Corey

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAN1AC

38. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

saints row is similar to what the GTA games would have become if Rocksstar didn't uber serious with the series..

This.
Although I thought 3 was a little over the top. 2 is the only one I really liked because it had the good blend of sand box madness and was still kind of grounded in reality

SCAR392 wrote:

I think the problem with this game, is that GTA has already had the market in this type of game for a while. Saints Row tries to outdo GTA and it does, but they do so while GTA is clearly working on the next game. Saints Row pretty much looks like the 'GTA filler' while you're waiting for GTA. GTA wins vs. Saints Row just by default when there's actually a new GTA to be referenced. This game was supposed to be DLC, while GTA 5 is going to be a completely new game in a series.

I completely forgot about them cancelling the expansion. At least the fans might get the cancelled dlc inside the new game.

Edited on by MAN1AC

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

39. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Whacking 13 year olds with oversized ding dongs is the hardcorz rage nowadays.

This is the second time you've mentioned smacking 13 year old kids with sex toys (including the comments in the news story about Saints Row 4). Your focus is getting a little creepy.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

40. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm sure everyone who says this doesn't affect them is secretly the people who would go head over heels if this was coming to the Wii U.

I don't really care either way :)

LordJumpMad wrote:

I think the closest thing that the Wii U is gonna get to GTA is Lego City.
I'm pretty sure they all think its a baby console as well, and no self-respecting gamer would play a GTA type game on a Nintendo console.

You got that right. GTA sucks after all! :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky