Forums

Topic: No Advanced Warfare for Wii U Confirmed

Posts 121 to 140 of 156

SCRAPPER392

Kodeen wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

If Splatoon sells as well on Wii U as CoD does on Xbox One and PS4, we have a pretty clear answer.

Splatoon will sell at a slower rate than MK8, which sold at a slower rate than Ghosts. It'll probably do pretty well, but let's not kid ourselves.

I'm not saying it will sell anymore or anyless. It was just an example. Also, MK8 sold way faster than Ghosts did on Xbox One or PS4 as an individual platform. CoD Ghosts has sold the most on PS4 with 2.47 million sales. MK8 has sold 2.44 million copies(according to VGchartz), despite coming out 7 months later. Nintendo's exclusives also have a better chance to sell well past a one year timeframe. Once the new CoD comes out, it will still be competing with a game that came out 1 year ago(AKA: Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, etc.).

The combined total of Xbox One and PS4 CoD Ghosts sales is not comparible to one that is exclusive, which is Mario Kart 8.

All I'm saying is that Splatoon sales will show how well that game does as an exclusive on Wii U as CoD will do on Xbox One and PS4.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

LzWinky

GuSolarFlare wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Well a lot of gamers seem to have cared about sales a lot lately

it's because, you know, for multiplayer games(especially online ones) more sales = more chances to have a decent multiplayer match

Yeah, I'm sure that's all there is to it

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

GuSolarFlare

WaLzgi wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Well a lot of gamers seem to have cared about sales a lot lately

it's because, you know, for multiplayer games(especially online ones) more sales = more chances to have a decent multiplayer match

Yeah, I'm sure that's all there is to it

lol, I sure wish it was all there is to it.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

MikeLove

midnafanboy wrote:

@Kodeen Well i assure you it will sell well cause at e3 there was only praise and hype for the game. The two important things any game needs to sell, so yeah lets not kid ourselves.

Let's not kid ourselves. It's a new IP that caught peoples eyes and was unexpected, (especially by game journalists) and that's where the hype came from. It won't sell better than any of the major 1st party titles released so far, and will probably hover around the sales numbers of DKC:TF, a well known series that still underachieves sales-wise.

MikeLove

Blast

Beetlejuice wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

@Kodeen Well i assure you it will sell well cause at e3 there was only praise and hype for the game. The two important things any game needs to sell, so yeah lets not kid ourselves.

Let's not kid ourselves. It's a new IP that caught peoples eyes and was unexpected, (especially by game journalists) and that's where the hype came from. It won't sell better than any of the major 1st party titles released so far, and will probably hover around the sales numbers of DKC:TF, a well known series that still underachieves sales-wise.

I can see that. Splatoon can be advertised really easily so hopefully Nintendo does this game the right way. Oh yeah... good ol' DKC: TF. A very high praised game that generally most people loved and enjoyed.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

Well you're right about that @Beetlejuice splatoon can be like tropical freeze sell somewhat low and be a great game or it can be a hit. Who knows.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

nintendyagmr

I don't really care, I was never into COD or any other modern FPS games.

Faster than snanic

ocelot20

What I don't understand is. There is more Wii U owners than XB1 owners. So why is it missing the Wii U and not the XB1?

ocelot20

Akazury

ocelot20 wrote:

What I don't understand is. There is more Wii U owners than XB1 owners. So why is it missing the Wii U and not the XB1?

I'd say sale tbh, if 4 out of 5 XO owners buy the game that's way better than 1 out of 5 U owners so XO makes more money because we know from Blops 2 and Ghosts that CoD doesn't sell that well on wiiU

Edited on by Akazury

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Jazzer94

@ocelot20 Take a look at previous games sales for COD on each platform and you might realise, for example Ghosts sold 1.93 million on Xbox One (according to VGCHARTZ) but only sold 0.17 million on Wii U (according to VGCHARTZ).

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Samurai_Goroh

ocelot20 wrote:

Because Xbox One users are more likely to buy a COD every year, while Wii U owners like myself will pick up just one, play the living daylights out of it, have their FPS cravings attended to and call it a day for the foreseeable future. I don't know, I don't really get Xbox users.
I won't buy the same game year after year. COD is just COD and I have no moral obligation to buy it repeatedly to "show support".

I will buy Splatoon day one, though. If it's everything it promises to be, I think I'll be playing it online 'till the end of the Wii U generation. I think Nintendo might have it's next big multiplayer game here, after Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. The game is still months away from release and already has a massive fandom online.
Even if Splatoon is a massive hit, I don't see Nintendo coming up with Splatoon 2 just a year after. This avoids saturation of a franchise.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

ocelot20

Jazzer94 wrote:

@ocelot20 Take a look at previous games sales for COD on each platform and you might realise, for example Ghosts sold 1.93 million (according to VGCHARTZ) but only sold 0.17 million on Wii U (according to VGCHARTZ).

I understand that now thank you. I didn't realise COD games sold that bad on Wii U. When I had a Wii U at launch I got COD BO2 for it. It was a really good port and with the option to use the gamepad or the old Wii controllers was a nice addition. But as you may or may not know VGChartz are not to be trusted. They are Pro Xbox Anti everything else. Look at VGchartz right now. Sony announced almost 2 weeks ago they sold over 10m PS4's yet VGchartz has it as under 10m.

VGchartz are known to undercut the Wii U and PS4 and give the XB1 more sales than it actually has. They have been caught out doing this so many times. It was only recently when the wii u outsold the XB1 (can't remember what month it was). Vgchartz undercut the Wii U and added more the XB1 so it looked like the XB1 sold more than the Wii U.

ocelot20

LzWinky

Isn't it safe to say that the Wii U will be the secondary system of most gamers? Is that really a bad thing? Gamers can have their third party titles on PC, Xbox One, or PS4 and have Smash and other Nintendo titles on the Wii U.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Punished_Boss_84

WaLzgi wrote:

Isn't it safe to say that the Wii U will be the secondary system of most gamers? Is that really a bad thing? Gamers can have their third party titles on PC, Xbox One, or PS4 and have Smash and other Nintendo titles on the Wii U.

Yes.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Jazzer94

Punished_Boss wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Yes.

Have to agree a secondary system is going in the direction of a secondary (or worse) thought in the consumers mind when purchasing.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LzWinky

It's better than nothing. At least it is being purchases along with some software.

SCRAPPER392

Who even cares? Wii U can be a primary console. Wii was for alot of people last generation, until the price got lowered and lots of people had one next to their Xbox and PS. Besides, games like Smash Bros, Zelda, Starfox, Bayonetta, Devil's Third, etc. are "core" games. You're gonna seem like an idiot if you say otherwise.

If you want a media player, you wouldn't even buy PS4. You can't even play CDs or stream stuff on it right now. People need to get over this s***.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

TuVictus

Point is, Nintendo should have been nicer to third parties. Now they're feeling the sting of arrogance. So their console will be seen as a secondary Nintendo box for the rest of the generation. Nothing they can do outside of bribing publishers. The end

TuVictus

Samurai_Goroh

What do you mean nicer? Arrogant? What have they done to offend them? It's funny that small indie developers have positive things to say about the way Nintendo has treated them, but the big publisher apparently got upset for some reason. Is it rude nowadays to talk to 3rd parties without throwing them buckets of cash? That's it?

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

SCRAPPER392

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

What do you mean nicer? Arrogant? What have they done to offend them?

If anything, they're doing the opposite by releasing all these games to grow their install base. Ubisoft knows Nintendo will release as many games as they can to get as many customers as they can to buy it, so Ubisoft is holding off that game.

7 million consoles should be more than enough people to buy their game, but they know Nintendo can get more Wii U owners with the likes of Smash Bros. and such, without even lifting a finger of their own.

That is just one example, because they never treated Wii U the same, and here we are comparing apples and oranges.

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.