Forums

Topic: No Advanced Warfare for Wii U Confirmed

Posts 101 to 120 of 156

MsJubilee

I'm just going to ask this question even if this game did come for the wiiu, who here in this forum would have bought it for the wiiu? I wouldn't because it's going to be gimped and it's going to barley have any players playing online.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Akazury

Nope, bought ghosts and confirmed what I already knew. I hate CoD games

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

midnafanboy wrote:

I'm just going to ask this question even if this game did come for the wiiu, who here in this forum would have bought it for the wiiu? I wouldn't because it's going to be gimped and it's going to barley have any players playing online.

I would've, if only because it wouldn't be any more gimped than a PS3 version, and I don't play games online, especially Call of Duty. It's singleplayer mode looks interesting for the first time in a while, so as long as they didn't ruin that, I'd get it. As it stands, I'll be getting the PS4 version in 2 or 3 years, used. (not getting a PS4 until FF15 is out)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

I would've, if only because it wouldn't be any more gimped than a PS3 version, and I don't play games online, especially Call of Duty. It's singleplayer mode looks interesting for the first time in a while, so as long as they didn't ruin that, I'd get it. As it stands, I'll be getting the PS4 version in 2 or 3 years, used. (not getting a PS4 until FF15 is out)

I would have gotten it on Wii U as well. This Call of Duty looks way more interesting than the past 5 CoD games. If reviews are good and it ever goes below $10 on PC, I might get it now, but it would have been a day 1 for me on Wii U.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

midnafanboy wrote:

I wouldn't have. I bought Black Ops II on launch, because of new console hype and CoD popularity on other consoles. The online community didn't bother me; it was that Activsion basically promised DLC on the box, and NukeTown showed up like a couple weeks ago or something which is almost 2 years for the DLC they promised early on. Ghosts got the DLC late, too, and there was basically no info on the game on whether it would be the 7th gen or 8th gen version. I was under the impression that it would be the same version Xbox One and PS4 got, which they also promised DLC for. Extinction mode isn't complete without the DLC, so they are technically selling an unfinished game and charging more money than they should be for the rest of it.

Bundle that all up into the fact that people don't care about Ghosts as much last year's game(BO II) and there is little to no improvement in any mechanics. They basically failed to deliver an enhanced experience with a bunch of other shortcomings, and this applies to every console, but especially Wii U. I bought 2 CoD games on Wii U and it's the honest truth that I haven't a clue why people keep buying these games when they keep charging for DLC that should have been included on the disc and the game doesn't change much.

The games aren't even worth $60 with as little as they give you on the actual disc, so it baffles me that people are throwing more money at them.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jazzer94

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

erv wrote:

If devil's third has got a great multiplayer online, I'll be playing that one anyways

I doubt and gamy on the Wii U besides MK8 and SSB will have a great multiplayer online experience.

Wii U really doesn't have lasting communities for online games, as you said if it isn't MK or SSB it will die out in half a year or less maybe Splatoon will be an exception to the rule.

You just summed up every multiplayer game that isn't megapopular explosion, like Halo, Call of Duty, LoL, WoW, SSB, Mario Kart, etc. Online communities in general don't last very long...

Yes and Wii U only has two games with lasting communities with a large player base MK and SSB.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MikeLove

8BitSamurai wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

I'm fairly sure all Beiber's music label cares about is that he sells millions of records, not that he produces something of great cultural value that sells nothing at all.

Do you think a movie studio would rather release a movie that crowds enjoy that makes $800 million worldwide, or a small independent film that wins an Oscar but only hauls in $45 million? Money determines everything in the entertainment world.

C.R.E.A.M

He's a gamer / end user, why does he care?

Not quite sure what your point is.

The guy I was replying to was saying sales aren't everything, and that producing a quality product is worth more in the end.

I said that the only things these companies care about are profits, not that they are producing something that is culturally significant.

MikeLove

ogo79

Ryno wrote:

Are you guys serious? Another game that I planned on not buying for the Wii U and now I can't even do that.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

8BitSamurai

Beetlejuice wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

I'm fairly sure all Beiber's music label cares about is that he sells millions of records, not that he produces something of great cultural value that sells nothing at all.

Do you think a movie studio would rather release a movie that crowds enjoy that makes $800 million worldwide, or a small independent film that wins an Oscar but only hauls in $45 million? Money determines everything in the entertainment world.

C.R.E.A.M

The guy I was replying to was saying sales aren't everything, and that producing a quality product is worth more in the end.

I said that the only things these companies care about are profits, not that they are producing something that is culturally significant.

He's not a company though. All he cares about is the quality.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

PrincessSugoi

Ryno wrote:

Are you guys serious? Another game that I planned on not buying for the Wii U and now I can't even do that.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

MikeLove

8BitSamurai wrote:

Beetlejuice wrote:

8BitSamurai wrote:

R_Champ wrote:

C.R.E.A.M

He's not a company though. All he cares about is the quality.

Maybe you need to go back and read the whole exchange, since the point I'm making seems to be going over your head....

MikeLove

CanisWolfred

Jazzer94 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

erv wrote:

If devil's third has got a great multiplayer online, I'll be playing that one anyways

I doubt and gamy on the Wii U besides MK8 and SSB will have a great multiplayer online experience.

Wii U really doesn't have lasting communities for online games, as you said if it isn't MK or SSB it will die out in half a year or less maybe Splatoon will be an exception to the rule.

You just summed up every multiplayer game that isn't megapopular explosion, like Halo, Call of Duty, LoL, WoW, SSB, Mario Kart, etc. Online communities in general don't last very long...

Yes and Wii U only has two games with lasting communities with a large player base MK and SSB.

"Only"? That's more than most consoles, which tend to dominated by a single series. You want a community that'll actually last, go play on the PC. You can play 10 year old games and still find decent matches there.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

"Only"? That's more than most consoles, which tend to dominated by a single series. You want a community that'll actually last, go play on the PC. You can play 10 year old games and still find decent matches there.

I remember playing Killzone 2 online (back in my PS3 days) for a long time after that game came out.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CanisWolfred

Beetlejuice wrote:

Maybe you need to go back and read the whole exchange, since the point I'm making seems to be going over your head....

I think you need to read the exchange again. He's talking about Blast, and asking why he should care about whether or not Splatoon outdoes CoD. Is he a Nintendo employee? Investor? Did he actually put money down to bet on Metacritic scores? What's to gain? It's one thing to hope that game you're interested in is fun, and another to use it to compare wangs with a top selling franchise...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Well a lot of gamers seem to have cared about sales a lot lately

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

I remember playing Killzone 2 online (back in my PS3 days) for a long time after that game came out.

Didn't they sell the online component seperately? Or was that KZ3?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

WaLzgi wrote:

Well a lot of gamers seem to have cared about sales a lot lately

it's because, you know, for multiplayer games(especially online ones) more sales = more chances to have a decent multiplayer match

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SCRAPPER392

Ya, we're not multimillion dollar companies. Even if Splatoon gets higher review score than CoD: Advanced Warfare, that won't change anyone's mind. Those people will still buy CoD even a potentially better game comes around, because they are invested, as a consumer, into the brand. It is familiar and everyone else is doing it.

Considering that the next CoD won't be on Wii U, which game do you think will sell better on Wii U? The answer is obvious, then we will compare Splatoon sales to CoD on Xbox and PS and talk about how much it matters If Splatoon sells as well on Wii U as CoD does on Xbox One and PS4, we have a pretty clear answer.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

MikeLove

CanisWolfred wrote:

Beetlejuice wrote:

I think you need to read the exchange again. He's talking about Blast, and asking why he should care about whether or not Splatoon outdoes CoD. Is he a Nintendo employee? Investor? Did he actually put money down to bet on Metacritic scores? What's to gain? It's one thing to hope that game you're interested in is fun, and another to use it to compare wangs with a top selling franchise...

They were arguing that a review score by critics that judges the game to be "quality" is more rewarding than making money. He then mentioned how Justin Beiber sells a lot of albums, but that doesn't mean that his music is good.

I said that businesses/developers are more concerned with the bottom line, and that their desire to make money trumps that of feeling the need to just create a game that will receive critical acclaim, but won't sell well. That was it.

Then 8bit commented "He's a gamer / end user, why does he care?" which was confusing to me, because I wasn't trying to argue why that guy should care, I was just making the general point that developers care more about making money and creating something that will be popular, then they do about making something that will be artistically important and get good reviews.

Hopefully now you understand my point, and don't feel the need to compare your anthropomorphic wang to my plain old human wang

MikeLove

MsJubilee

@Kodeen Well i assure you it will sell well cause at e3 there was only praise and hype for the game. The two important things any game needs to sell, so yeah lets not kid ourselves.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.