Forums

Topic: Nintendo's 2015 line up is pretty good and full of Content.

Posts 21 to 40 of 66

iKhan

skywake wrote:

There are two types of E3 conferences. There are the kind we love where they drum up hype for games that aren't going to be out for years. Particularly around when they announce a new console. Remember the pre-3DS E3 where they showed all of the 3DS games? 2010 and they were bringing up games like Animal Crossing New Leaf. It was insane.... but the wait after that was brutal.

So we can complain about this E3 if we want and go on the endless speculation because of it. Assume that the lack of information confirms our guesses about what the NX is. Or we could just enjoy the games that are coming out in 2015. I'd prefer to do the latter.

The thing is that we don't want Nintendo to start talking about 2017 or 2018 games. All we want is some more talk of 2016 games that could be exciting. Show us Next Level's Wii U game. Show us Retro's project. Show us Zelda U.

They've been showing games due out late the following year for a very long time now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Faruko

CaviarMeths wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Whoever at Nintendo keeps ignoring Devil's Third and Fatal Frame need to be punched in the face, I swear to God...

Preach. Those two games are gonna sell so bad that Nintendo's PR will thank everyone who bought them by name. They deserve a marketing push though.

To be fair, Fatal Frame and Devil's Third will sell bad either way IMO

One is a pretty niche series in a low player base and the other its kinda... weird?

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

iKhan

Faruko wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Whoever at Nintendo keeps ignoring Devil's Third and Fatal Frame need to be punched in the face, I swear to God...

Preach. Those two games are gonna sell so bad that Nintendo's PR will thank everyone who bought them by name. They deserve a marketing push though.

To be fair, Fatal Frame and Devil's Third will sell bad either way IMO

One is a pretty niche series in a low player base and the other its kinda... weird?

The thing about Fatal Frame is that it desperately needed some developer spotlight. I don't think the concept and idea of the series is generally unappealing to western audiences. I just think it's unknown.

They will still sell poorly because they are mature games on Nintendo's lowest selling platform of all time, but they won't sell THAT bad.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

Koopa-King wrote:

...a decent looking first person shooter using elements from Metroid Prime...

That sounds like the game they announced, but they didn't call it "a decent looking first person shooter using elements from Metroid Prime," they called it "Metroid Prime." It's never not going to look bad when a company announces a "decent-looking" handheld version of a hugely acclaimed, graphically advanced, console series. It should also be noted that Prime Hunters looks much more like a Metroid Prime game than Federation Force. Much about aesthetics.

Finally, can we agree that it's a bit silly for the virtual console titles to be put on the new releases graphic?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

shingi_70

Haru17 wrote:

Koopa-King wrote:

...a decent looking first person shooter using elements from Metroid Prime...

That sounds like the game they announced, but they didn't call it "a decent looking first person shooter using elements from Metroid Prime," they called it "Metroid Prime." It's never not going to look bad when a company announces a "decent-looking" handheld version of a hugely acclaimed, graphically advanced, console series. It should also be noted that Prime Hunters looks much more like a Metroid Prime game than Federation Force. Much about aesthetics.

Finally, can we agree that it's a bit silly for the virtual console titles to be put on the new releases graphic?

Eh Killzone Mercenary on the Vita got a ton of hype, and most consider it an overall better game than Shadowfall. Honestly all of the interviews around Federation Force pretty much says what it is a game that happens to expand upon the Lore of the Metroid Universe without using Samus her self. They're going for a ODST/Reach style Metroid game where its a side story that happens in this universe. My real complaint is the choice of the Chibi style graphics which is jarring.

The following info comes from a Kotaku interview with Nintendo's Kensuke Tanabe...

• use the second stick on the New 3DS to look around
  • game also runs on the regular 3DS
  • Blast Ball could serve as a replacement for a traditional tutorial
  • concept for the game has been floating around for 10 years now
  • single player mode
  • no four against four player matches
  • co-op four player mode where you fight as a team against space pirates
  • three major planets
  • roughly 10 different missions on each planet
  • areas for you to look around and explore
  • no visor scanning
  • a mission involves Metroids

Tanabe: Personally, I don’t feel like I am creating anything that is a side-story. Until now, we’ve never had a game focusing on the Federation Force fighting against the space pirates. So the main idea here is that I sort of wanted to change that focus a little bit and see it from a different view from the same universe. So as I briefly mentioned earlier, once you play the game you’ll be able to feel that Metroid Prime universe. So it’s kind of... at this point it’s a little difficult I’m sure for both sides to get that idea ...for players who haven’t touched the game, it’s really difficult to imagine that feeling you get when you touch the game. So it’s a kind of an unfortunate situation at this time, but it’s something I definitely look forward to having the users touch it and play and experience the awesomeness of it.

• Samus will make an appearance
  • move around in mechs that are outfitted before each mission
  • choose to be more of a “healer” by equipping repair capsules
  • arm yourself with super missiles
  • game is overseen by Nintendo’s Yoshihito Ikebata and Ryuichi Nakada

Tanabe: “The bounty hunters in Metroid Prime Hunters were ... defeated, but I think he left Sylux for something later on.”

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

BattleEnder

I can guarantee you that some of those games will be pushed back to 2016. The majority of the rest will turn out to be over-advertised games that have been misleadingly talked up and will inevitably turn out to be disappointing, repetitive, and too short. Doubtless they will skip out on features they promised or make them DLC and charge money for them.

BattleEnder

-Green-

BattleEnder wrote:

I can guarantee you that some of those games will be pushed back to 2016. The majority of the rest will turn out to be over-advertised games that have been misleadingly talked up and will inevitably turn out to be disappointing, repetitive, and too short. Doubtless they will skip out on features they promised or make them DLC and charge money for them.

Why do you think that? :/

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

luisesteban

The line up is good. But still the Digital Event was bad, the titles were mostly already know, the timing was too slow; The lack of a home console Metroid game or any other big surprise, is a big disappointment.

luisesteban

BattleEnder

Aromaiden wrote:

BattleEnder wrote:

Because that's the way it has been. Most of Nintendo's heavily anticipated releases have been delayed. They passed up a new Metroid game in favor of a 2D Donkey Kong. Games like Pure Chess promised things like cross-platform play that, when delivered, wasn't even in real time, and charged money for chess sets they showed in their trailer. The game itself was laughably over-priced. Other games are advertised for months, and last a meager 6-12 hours. They remaster old classics and present them like we should be amazed, instead of making new games. Nintendo TV was late and still isn't very good, the Tivo DVR compatibility that was promised never got fulfilled, the eShop is full of bad ports and crappy games made by lazy devs trying to earn a buck.

When Wii U first came out, it had about 10 eshop games announced that I looked forward to. Of those, two were released over a year late in mediocre ports and the rest never happened or still have yet to be released even years after their announcement.

Nintendo is trying to save face by releasing about 1-2 major games a year, but don't put real effort into saving the Wii U. They blow up short games like SteamWorld Dig and Cloudberry Kingdom and act like they're revolutionary, immersive titles to fill up space in their digital conferences. They're decent games, usually, but their supposed quality is blown up way out of proportion.

Edited on by BattleEnder

BattleEnder

AceDefective

BattleEnder wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

BattleEnder wrote:

Because that's the way it has been. Most of Nintendo's heavily anticipated releases have been delayed. They passed up a new Metroid game in favor of a 2D Donkey Kong. Games like Pure Chess promised things like cross-platform play that, when delivered, wasn't even in real time, and charged money for chess sets they showed in their trailer. The game itself was laughably over-priced. Other games are advertised for months, and last a meager 6-12 hours. They remaster old classics and present them like we should be amazed, instead of making new games. Nintendo TV was late and still isn't very good, the Tivo DVR compatibility that was promised never got fulfilled, the eShop is full of bad ports and crappy games made by lazy devs trying to earn a buck.

When Wii U first came out, it had about 10 eshop games announced that I looked forward to. Of those, two were released over a year late in mediocre ports and the rest never happened or still have yet to be released even years after their announcement.

Nintendo is trying to save face by releasing about 1-2 major games a year, but don't put real effort into saving the Wii U. They blow up short games like SteamWorld Dig and Cloudberry Kingdom and act like they're revolutionary, immersive titles to fill up space in their digital conferences. They're decent games, usually, but their supposed quality is blown up way out of proportion.

I'm getting really sick of the pessimism. :/
Really hope that dies soon, because holy heck this is getting annoying.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

BattleEnder wrote:

They blow up short games like SteamWorld Dig and Cloudberry Kingdom and act like they're revolutionary, immersive titles

ThingsBattleEnderMadeUp.gif

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MsJubilee

BattleEnder wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

BattleEnder wrote:

Do you even read what you write man?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

BattleEnder

I apologize. I'm overreacting, I know, but it's been very frustrating. A few bad decisions on Nintendo's part have killed off most third party support. Nintendo's bad initial marketing with the Wii U (which, in hindsight, seems to have been because of arrogance from the Wii's success) has cost the library of games dearly.

To clarify, I like the Wii U. A lot. I don't play AAA games, so that isn't my problem. My issue with Nintendo is that because over the past few years, they have been making mistakes that killed Wii U sales. Because of that, hardly anyone wants to touch the console because it wouldn't be "profitable". Every AAA game that passes the Wii U by or every crude port of a decent game we get is another nail in the coffin. Even dev teams Nintendo was close with aren't making games because they can't afford to. I look on the eShop and I don't see any truly innovative third games. Wii U doesn't have innovative games like Super Mario Galaxy, or Super Mario Sunshine. It just has rehashes of things that have already been done.

BattleEnder

moomoo

Eh, I don't know. There's only one game on that list I'm looking forward to getting my hands on, and that's Xenoblade. Fatal Frame looks interesting, but I don't know if I could justify spending $60 on it. Nothing on 3DS for me until Fire Emblem, and The only other Wii U game that looks like a must for me is SMT FE. One game that I want to get over the course of an entire year is really bad.

The games are coming in full force on the Xbox One and PS4 now. MGS V, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Persona 5, Batman, Battlefront, the list goes on. Meanwhile, the Wii U really doesn't have much of anything that interests me.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

jariw

BattleEnder wrote:

I look on the eShop and I don't see any truly innovative third games.

Affordable Space Adventures.

BattleEnder wrote:

Wii U doesn't have innovative games like Super Mario Galaxy, or Super Mario Sunshine. It just has rehashes of things that have already been done.

Splatoon.

jariw

-Green-

moomoo wrote:

Eh, I don't know. There's only one game on that list I'm looking forward to getting my hands on, and that's Xenoblade. Fatal Frame looks interesting, but I don't know if I could justify spending $60 on it. Nothing on 3DS for me until Fire Emblem, and The only other Wii U game that looks like a must for me is SMT FE. One game that I want to get over the course of an entire year is really bad.

The games are coming in full force on the Xbox One and PS4 now. MGS V, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider, Halo 5, Persona 5, Batman, Battlefront, the list goes on. Meanwhile, the Wii U really doesn't have much of anything that interests me.

It looks like things have completely flipped around for the Wii U games this year, but that's the world of business I guess.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

BattleEnder wrote:

They passed up a new Metroid game in favor of a 2D Donkey Kong.

Why do people still pretend as if Retro Studios is the only development team that can make a new Metroid game? Here's a fun fact: Most of the developers that worked on Metroid Prime are no longer with Retro, so effectively, their chances of making an amazing Metroid game are about just as good as any other development team's chances of making a good Metroid game.

Octane

Haru17

Yeah, home systems without 3rd party support just can't compete. That's just where so much of the development resources are right now.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

BattleEnder

jariw wrote:

BattleEnder wrote:

I look on the eShop and I don't see any truly innovative third games.

Affordable Space Adventures.

BattleEnder wrote:

Wii U doesn't have innovative games like Super Mario Galaxy, or Super Mario Sunshine. It just has rehashes of things that have already been done.

Splatoon.

Splatoon is a glorified shooting game with a quirk that makes it marketable to children as well as teens and adults. I'm sure it's fun, but it's not 60$ fun. It has a handful of levels and weapons. Frankly, as volume of content goes, it's barely a step up from a very well designed minigame. It's a creative rehash.

Affordable space adventures is a creatively complicated game, but it's not groundbreaking. It's a typical guide-object-through-obstacles-with-minor-lighting. It has some nice controls, but the concept and content is not worth 20 dollars. Maybe 15, but not 20. Similarly, a creative combination of a number of elements from other games, but not particularly innovative.

And frankly, neither pull off the experience well enough for them to qualify as instant classics, either.

Edited on by BattleEnder

BattleEnder

Budda

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

I'm getting really sick of the pessimism. :/
Really hope that dies soon, because holy heck this is getting annoying.

Yea. It's really annoying.
Nothing has changed. Nintendo is still the company they were ... like 3 days ago. People just expected too much and got disappointed. People get irrational if they're angry and that is what happens here.
There's no point doing this. It only makes things worse. You put each other down for no reason. =/

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.