Wii U Forum

Topic: Nintendo Land trolls

Showing 41 to 60 of 116

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

41. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Due to your account being tied to a single console, I think Nintendo should start a policy that you can not comment on a game in MiiVerse unless you have actually played the game on your account.

That would hurt potential buyers interested in said game, I post in a lot of Japanese communities since I'm interested in those games that we don't have yet

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

42. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Due to your account being tied to a single console, I think Nintendo should start a policy that you can not comment on a game in MiiVerse unless you have actually played the game on your account.

Amazon does that with their reviews and "Amazon Verified Purchase". Awesome idea.

And it's an online gaming community, not only that, an online gaming community full of children. You expected maturity? PSN is the closest to a mature community and that's still really freaking distant.

@Swiket: Look up "Ron Jeremy Mario Lawsuit". Not as hilarious, but equally bizarre.

I don't buy that excuse for a minute. I'm involved in the gaming communities on Twitter, and it's easy to avoid the immaturity.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Swiket

43. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Any game that has a niche appeal is just filled with people who haven't even bothered to play the game, but seem to think it's funny to go and stink up the community for everyone else. See: Funky Barn. Thanks to the masses of people running around with dumb drawings and "huuuurrrr Funky" style trolling it's impossible to have a decent conversation with the fans of the game.

Untitled

Funky Barn Miiverse Community of the Year 2012

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

44. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

riverfr0zen wrote:

There is nothing wrong with anti-religious, TheDreamingHawk. As long as it's not the agenda.

Well, I think ANYONE would get annoyed if they saw a pic of the bible being set on fire. (Yes, that's what I see posted on miiverse at times...)

There's nothing wrong with that, TheDreamingHawk. But if it was a burning Qur'an there would be trouble.

This Miiverse sounds like a pretty free and easy place, where anything goes.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

45. Posted:

There's maturity on Twitter? That's news to me.

Amyways, I was planning on leaving MiiVerse off. Thanks for the extra incentive.

Also now you know why I avoid most online communities in games.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

46. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

There's maturity on Twitter? That's news to me.

Amyways, I was planning on leaving MiiVerse off. Thanks for the extra incentive.

Also now you know why I avoid most online communities in games.

Twitter is by far the best social network for communication I've come across.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HaastMK7

47. Posted:

lol it was funny when I first read, but now I understand. Keep your kids safe everyone.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

48. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

riverfr0zen wrote:

There is nothing wrong with anti-religious, TheDreamingHawk. As long as it's not the agenda.

Well, I think ANYONE would get annoyed if they saw a pic of the bible being set on fire. (Yes, that's what I see posted on miiverse at times...)

There's nothing wrong with that, TheDreamingHawk. But if it was a burning Qur'an there would be trouble.

This Miiverse sounds like a pretty free and easy place, where anything goes.

To some people it offends them. I am not even religious and I still feel offended when I see said drawings.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

49. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Due to your account being tied to a single console, I think Nintendo should start a policy that you can not comment on a game in MiiVerse unless you have actually played the game on your account.

Amazon does that with their reviews and "Amazon Verified Purchase". Awesome idea.

And it's an online gaming community, not only that, an online gaming community full of children. You expected maturity? PSN is the closest to a mature community and that's still really freaking distant.

@Swiket: Look up "Ron Jeremy Mario Lawsuit". Not as hilarious, but equally bizarre.

I don't buy that excuse for a minute. I'm involved in the gaming communities on Twitter, and it's easy to avoid the immaturity.

Easy to avoid but that doesn't mean that immaturity is non-existant.

I'll admit it's far more laidback then Miiverse but you still have to dodge crapstorms. What Miiverse needs is filtration.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HaastMK7

50. Posted:

Don't expect Nintendo to Moderate/Review every posted comment, it is impossible, unless they have MOD Bots.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

51. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

Untitled

Funky Barn Miiverse Community of the Year 2012

You clearly haven't seen the Rabbid's Land MiiVerse.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

52. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Due to your account being tied to a single console, I think Nintendo should start a policy that you can not comment on a game in MiiVerse unless you have actually played the game on your account.

Amazon does that with their reviews and "Amazon Verified Purchase". Awesome idea.

And it's an online gaming community, not only that, an online gaming community full of children. You expected maturity? PSN is the closest to a mature community and that's still really freaking distant.

@Swiket: Look up "Ron Jeremy Mario Lawsuit". Not as hilarious, but equally bizarre.

I don't buy that excuse for a minute. I'm involved in the gaming communities on Twitter, and it's easy to avoid the immaturity.

Easy to avoid but that doesn't mean that immaturity is non-existant.

I'll admit it's far more laidback then Miiverse but you still have to dodge crapstorms. What Miiverse needs is filtration.

Yeah, exactly. There needs to be a way to avoid the idiots, like I can with Twitter. Out of sight out of mind and all that.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

53. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

Due to your account being tied to a single console, I think Nintendo should start a policy that you can not comment on a game in MiiVerse unless you have actually played the game on your account.

Amazon does that with their reviews and "Amazon Verified Purchase". Awesome idea.

And it's an online gaming community, not only that, an online gaming community full of children. You expected maturity? PSN is the closest to a mature community and that's still really freaking distant.

@Swiket: Look up "Ron Jeremy Mario Lawsuit". Not as hilarious, but equally bizarre.

I don't buy that excuse for a minute. I'm involved in the gaming communities on Twitter, and it's easy to avoid the immaturity.

Easy to avoid but that doesn't mean that immaturity is non-existant.

I'll admit it's far more laidback then Miiverse but you still have to dodge crapstorms. What Miiverse needs is filtration.

Yeah, exactly. There needs to be a way to avoid the idiots, like I can with Twitter. Out of sight out of mind and all that.

You can block them on miiverse, you know.
(Yet you can't on this very site and it doesn't have nearly as much bad posts as on miiverse, despite this site only having one mod and miiverse having hundreds...)

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

54. Posted:

@Swiket
The first thing I thought of when I heard you could draw on the MiiVerse was "How will they automatically filter out all of the penis drawings." Sad to see my low estimation of humans is correct. Funny that it seems to be an American (or at least non-Japanese) thing. That sort of makes me sad for our culture.

Anyways, I haven't seen too much bad stuff, but I only see what comes on the homepage, or what's shown in the game. I don't just go onto the forums at all. I caught one rogue f-word in the Nintendoland MiiVerse, but it wasn't a particularly offensive post other than that, so I was just kind of amused that it didn't get filtered. As for censorship in general, there's a time for it, and there's a time it's not appropriate. On the internet in general, there shouldn't be censorship (specific sites can choose to if they wish). On a proprietary games console marketed to children? Yes, totally appropriate as long as the rules are communicated (which they are). It's perfectly appropriate for Nintendo to create a community they wish.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

55. Posted:

In all seriousness, the frequency in which you're going to see profanity and offensive drawings on Miiverse is only going to increase as the system sells more. While you can chalk up some of the stuff that has bled through to growing pains I can't imagine the moderators are going to be able to keeps up when there are 5 or 10 times as many users out there a few years from now. There are even a few sites out there (probably best if I don't link to them) that have users sharing tips on how to get their offensive drawing/posts through without them being censored.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

56. Posted:

Token_Girl wrote:

@Swiket
The first thing I thought of when I heard you could draw on the MiiVerse was "How will they automatically filter out all of the penis drawings." Sad to see my low estimation of humans is correct. Funny that it seems to be an American (or at least non-Japanese) thing. That sort of makes me sad for our culture.

Anyways, I haven't seen too much bad stuff, but I only see what comes on the homepage, or what's shown in the game. I don't just go onto the forums at all. I caught one rogue f-word in the Nintendoland MiiVerse, but it wasn't a particularly offensive post other than that, so I was just kind of amused that it didn't get filtered. As for censorship in general, there's a time for it, and there's a time it's not appropriate. On the internet in general, there shouldn't be censorship (specific sites can choose to if they wish). On a proprietary games console marketed to children? Yes, totally appropriate as long as the rules are communicated (which they are). It's perfectly appropriate for Nintendo to create a community they wish.

It seems the community Nintendo wants to create is a deeply unpleasant one for anyone who doesn't stick to Nintendo and AAA-games.

The only communities that are remotely positive experiences are NintendoLand, Mario Bros, ZombiU and the AAA-ports (and even then not always). This is going to be a problem in the longer term, you watch.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sgt_Ludby

57. Posted:

I actively browse Miiverse and haven't seen anything inappropriate. Either I haven't browsed long enough or I've just gotten lucky, I suppose. I have seen an occasional inappropriate post in NintendoLand, though. Every time I went to report, the posts we're already flagged for review. The problem is that the plaza never refreshes and they stay in there even though their post is being reviewed. Only once have I come across an inappropriate message while at the "Continue, Change Player, Quit" screen. Now to me that's the worst, because it can't be minimized or reported. Fortunately these events have been very rare for me.

If we talk and have fun here on NL, feel free to add me!! (Just let me know so I can accept)
Nintendo Network ID: Sgt_Ludby
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298
Formerly known as Pwdrmntainskier

AuthorMessage
Avatar

willobee

58. Posted:

I've seen a couple swears, and only one penis and one pair of breasts. Considering how often I see messages pop up in NSMBU and NintendoLand, while also frequenting a few communities, I am impressed. The only gaming community that I think does better while still being accessible and for gamers of every age, is this website.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkNinja9

59. Posted:

what i find more stupid is the fact that i made a comment and it was taken down in matter of minutes and it wasnt anything bad o_o same happen to a buddy of mine yet i seen those types of drawings and they stay up longer so wtf -.-

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

60. Posted:

The reason why it's "worse" than other social networks is purely because of the way you use it. On twitter there's the same sort of stuff but you're not going to see it usually unless you're following the person or if they send you a reply. On Facebook it's a very, very closed service where most people only ever see what their friends are saying... and can remove them if they don't like the comments.

MiiVerse takes the youtube comment system, lets people draw, rolls a dice and blows it up on a big screen for all to see. Sometimes four or five at a time, tens of posts within small periods of time. Then we wonder why we stumble across a few penises every now and then.....

@ the complaint in general and "protecting the children". If you're that worried block the service and ignore that it's even there. If it was me I'd probably leave it as is and let the kid learn how to deal with that sort of content. Gotta learn eventually, nobody lives in a bubble.

NNID: skywake