Forums

Topic: Nintendo Land trolls

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

JokeCube

Nintendo needs to have a warning in HUUUUUGE bold text for people when they sign up for MiiVerse detailing the fact that stuff like this will not be tolerated.

JokeCube

SCRAPPER392

Well, in all fairness, kids can just as easily post some weird, or inappropriate things. The difference is whether the poster is intentionally trying to offend the other users, which is the case with most adults posting that sort of stuff. I see the f and s word almost constantly on any Miiverse linked game. I don't mind really, but I can see why parents would care, because things like that can get a kid in trouble at school if they copy it, or with the law if they are really that deeply influenced by it. I've never seen anyone deeply influenced in character by actions like this, but I guess better safe than sorry in all cases regardless.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Drawdler

It doesn't seem too bad on the Australian Miiverse, but to be fair, I don't use it that much.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

rallydefault

I actually haven't seen much in the way of inappropriate material. I could probably count the times on one hand, to be honest.

rallydefault

Intrepid

Slightly unrelated, but I am annoyed with all of the posts asking for yeahs, or asking people to yeah if they like/hate so and so. It's as annoying as thumbs-ups and likes. Seriously, do people feel so worthless that they need to seek agreeance from others in the form of yeahs to boost their self-esteem and egos? The number of yeahs someone has means nothing.

When I post a comment, I try to make sure that it is insightful or useful, and then I encourage Discussion. I want to know what others think about said topic. Instead, I just get yeahs without anyone replying. For example, I drew all 6 nintendo controllers, and then asked which was their favorite. The result? 6 yeahs, without anyone bothering to answer. I don't see how they could not understand that I was hoping for an actual response, especially since it was a question.

Am I the only one bothered by something like this?

SCRAPPER392

My brother and I draw parody artwork mostly on Miiverse, but it's appropriate. Like Mario digging his thumbs into Bowser's eyes while saying 'So a long-eh Bowser!', Mario eating a Goomba saying 'Wrong-a shroom-a!' instead of a Super Mushroom, or Toad KO-ing a Koopa.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ploppins

Intrepid wrote:

Slightly unrelated, but I am annoyed with all of the posts asking for yeahs, or asking people to yeah if they like/hate so and so. It's as annoying as thumbs-ups and likes. Seriously, do people feel so worthless that they need to seek agreeance from others in the form of yeahs to boost their self-esteem and egos? The number of yeahs someone has means nothing.

When I post a comment, I try to make sure that it is insightful or useful, and then I encourage Discussion. I want to know what others think about said topic. Instead, I just get yeahs without anyone replying. For example, I drew all 6 nintendo controllers, and then asked which was their favorite. The result? 6 yeahs, without anyone bothering to answer. I don't see how they could not understand that I was hoping for an actual response, especially since it was a question.

Am I the only one bothered by something like this?

I agree! I am also annoyed by users who say that if their post gets a certain amount of "Yeahs," they'll buy the game. Obviously they're just going for the "yeahs." If they were serious about getting the game they would ask for people's actual written opinion on them. The worst is when you click on their profile and you see that they've posted the same thing in every community lol

And I wish there was a way to report comments that pop up at the "Continue?" screen. I've had a few inappropriate ones but there's been nothing I could do about it.

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

KAHN

Bankai wrote:

Like heck. I control which people I have on my Facebook, and so I have almost no obnoxious comments there. I have to wade through masses of crap to find anything worth reading on MiiVerse.

you sir... i like you...

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

KingDunsparce

HuntheUniverse wrote:

Nintendo needs to have a warning in HUUUUUGE bold text for people when they sign up for MiiVerse detailing the fact that stuff like this will not be tolerated.

While it may help some, it would probably encourage a bunch of people to do it to try to be funny or test Nintendo's system.

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Drobotic

You can turn off the Miiverse comments ingame.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

catsrnice

I haven't seen any inappropriate drawings and I would not tolerate it if I did (Instant report)
Haven't seen much swearing either.

catsrnice

Xilef

Haven't really seen any inappropriate or swearing in the European Miiverse. I guess Europeans are more mature. (kidding )

Xilef

kkslider5552000

Xilef wrote:

Haven't really seen any inappropriate or swearing in the European Miiverse. I guess Europeans are more mature. (kidding )

sir, they aren't talking about donkeys and cigarettes.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.