Forums

Topic: Nintendo Land - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 371

New_3DaSh_XL

Nintendo Land's review from IGN is out, giving it a 8.7 out of 10. I find it hard to believe they took 1.3 points away for "Grandma might not understand", but hey, that's IGN. Looks great, and thought it was a good review!

Again, can't wait for NL's review, although I'm getting this anyway.

EDIT: You can read it here.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Whopper744

Found another review at Joystiq. 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/15/nintendo-land-review/

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Whopper744

Ya know after reading the IGN review, I'm suprised they give it just 8.7. It was a good review, but it sounded like they enjoyed it more than that....I mean 8.7 is still a great score. Oh well.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

citizenerased

EDIT: Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread.

Nintendo Land looks like the most fun single-room multiplayer experience this year!

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Ryno

Joshers744 wrote:

Ya know after reading the IGN review, I'm suprised they give it just 8.7. It was a good review, but it sounded like they enjoyed it more than that....I mean 8.7 is still a great score. Oh well.

An 8.7 is still a really good score. That score seems more than fair from the way I interpreted the review.

And after treading the Joystiq review I am surprised they gave it a 4 out of 5. It didn't really seem like the reviewer was all that high on it.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

GameLord08

Everything so far:

IGN: 8.7/10
1UP: B+
Destructoid: 7/10
GameXplain: 4.5/5
GamesRadar: 3.5/5
Joystiq: 4/5
VentureBeat: 70/100

From what I've read, a few sites don't seem to grasp the exact concept of Nintendo Land accurately enough, but they still found it enjoyable.

GameLord08

kkslider5552000

so in general it seems to be on par as Wii Sports in 2006. As I'm getting the Deluxe version, this makes it an automatic win. Probably better than Wii Sports since gaming sites have been getting a bit stricter and less willing to give out 9s and 10s lately (right idea, wrong reasons if I had to guess). And also because Wii Sports' novelty in 2006 is much more important than Nintendo Land's novelty now so it's probably a better game than Wii Sports.

This is all exactly what I expected since it was announced basically.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GameLord08

@kkslider: Nail on the head. Not many people seem to have deciphered that.

GameLord08

e-love

Nintendo updated the official website for the game. It shows more info on the plaza and the mini-games. Check it out!

http://nintendoland.nintendo.com/

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

iwanttodie

Anybody noticed they changed their pikmin logo?

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND ...

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

fortius54

8.7 from IGN for a Nintendo games is pretty good.

fortius54

Nintendo Network ID: mitchell_rsvl

Scary_Old_Lady

Online Confirmed!
I asked a rep at the Wii U showcase in London and he said... YES!
Only in an update, but YES! I also confirmed that with some other reps just in case, all said YES! except for one who asked the boss, who said GUESS! (Yes...)
Also the gamepad is 1080p!

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

New_3DaSh_XL

Pengaweeno wrote:

Online Confirmed!
I asked a rep at the Wii U showcase in London and he said... YES!
Only in an update, but YES! I also confirmed that with some other reps just in case, all said YES! except for one who asked the boss, who said GUESS! (Yes...)
Also the gamepad is 1080p!

YES!

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

e-love

Wait so online...multiplayer is confirmed..?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.