Forums

Topic: Nintendo Land - OT

Posts 121 to 140 of 371

TysonOfTime

...Well, know that I think about it, since NintyLand (supposedly) shows off the Miiverse so well, that's another reason it should be a Pack-in.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

e-love

Some of me wishes New Super Mario Bros. U was bundled in, just for the sake of old times! But the best way to attract attention, to the Wii U, its controller, and the Nintendo franchises, is with Nintendo Land. It really is a clever idea. I just hate that it was met with such negativity.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

kkslider5552000

I do think it should be a pack-in game, and it's a brilliant move if it is. Even Brawl, despite mega hype and how beloved Melee was, sold only a small fraction compared to NSMBWii or Mario Kart Wii, and having a free game on the next Wii console, like what they did with Wii Sports, with Mario characters and also characters casual gamers often don't care about, it could actually be a brilliant way to get people into series like how people got into a series from Smash Bros. Granted, this is the entire "have casual gamers get more hardcore games" stuff that was supposedly a major point of the Wii before Nintendo completely missed that point, but even right now it has a good chance of being as brilliant an idea as Wii Sports from a business perspective.

I have no idea if this game will be great or dissappointly mediocre (doubt it will be awful or anything), so I'm not even commenting on the quality of the game, as much as I tend to prefer that instead.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snagrio

This is somewhat off topic, but I was reading a (somewhat old) Smash Bros. Fanfiction yesterday and the author called the world "Nintendo Land". I'm thinking to myself, time paradox?

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Snagrio

NintyFan wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

This is somewhat off topic, but I was reading a (somewhat old) Smash Bros. Fanfiction yesterday and the author called the world "Nintendo Land". I'm thinking to myself, time paradox?

[/div]

I remember when I was going to write a Smash Bros. fanfiction story back in 2008 in which a Nintendo theme park was the hub. The only difference was that it was named Nintendo World. However, I'm sure most Nintendo gamers with an imagination have dreamed of a Nintendo theme park.

Yeah, seriously. If Nintendo wanted to make some REAL money, they'd have an actual theme park built. I can see it now...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

RainbowDash

Nick-Clegg wrote:

Best game on Wii U.

I hope you're being sarcastic

3DS FC: 4253-3490-5944
Steam: [TTPN] Rainbow Dash
Currently Playing:
Pikmin 2 (Wii)
Punch-Out!! (3DS Virtual Console)
Anticipated games:
Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)
Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

AlexSays

LordJumpMad wrote:

So we all agree: NintendoLand sucks, and NIntendo should drop it, and get back to making a new F-Zero

Yes amen to this.

Or how about any other game that will be fun for more than three minutes.

AlexSays

EvilRegal

I'm more excited for Nintendo Land now. Watched some gameplay for Zelda Battle Quest. Looks like some fun arcade-style gameplay (I hope you can do 1 player-only). And the music playing was an awesome remix of "The Dark World" (A Link to the Past fanboy SQUEE!!!)!

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

btetsola

I wasn't sold on Nintendoland after E3 but I must admit the Metroid themed game looks fun and uses the Gamepad the way I had always hoped!!

Nintendo ID: btetsola1

Adam

It'll be a good game for me to play with the younguns in the family, and it includes Balloon Fight, so I'm sold. I wanted the extra storage and download discount anyway. It could make for a good way to get people interested in franchises they haven't tried before.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

KingDunsparce

I agree, the most recent event sold me on this game. It looks pretty fun.

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

shingi_70

I'm more hyped about the game than I was at E3. But have to admit certain decsions about the game has me less than excited about the game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

btetsola

Are referring to the lack of online multiplayer?

shingi_70

Yep.

Other than that and lack of a starfox minigame I'm excited about the game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

btetsola

Sony_70 wrote:

Yep.

Other than that and lack of a starfox minigame I'm excited about the game.

Starfox would've been cool(I reckon Retro studios are working on something big for starfox) but there is Zelda,Fzero,Metroid,Luigis Mansion, donkey Kong,Animal crossing and pikmin. phew

moomoo

I've got to be honest, Nintendo Land is shaping up to be really good. My initial impression on it was that it wasn't all that great, but now that I've seen more, I'm pretty sure it will turn out pretty good.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.