Wii U Forum

Topic: NintendoLand Discussion

Showing 121 to 140 of 391

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

121. Posted:

I think I'd still get the game if it wasn't bundled. It looks like great fun and I would have a blast playing with my brother, nieces, nephew and relatives.

Will remind me of the N64 days of gathering around a TV and having fun...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

122. Posted:

I don't understand why you guys feel that you shouldn't have to pay for a game that somebody worked hard to make and that you would enjoy playing.

I wonder if the reason they're not sure if it come with the Wii U, is because they're debating on making NSMBU the pack-in game.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

123. Posted:

If NSMBU was a pack-in, I would be playing the Wii U nonstop. If NintendoLand was a pack-in, I would play it alone for a few hours, but then I would need to get my brother in the room... Don't get me wrong, I will buy this game if it isn't a pack-in, but it won't be first on my list (unless it is a launch title.)

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

124. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

but it won't be first on my list (unless it is a launch title.)

As far as I know, it's the only game announced as being available on launch day, and not just within the launch window.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

125. Posted:

The more I see, the more likely I'll buy it even if it's not bundled. Then again, with the success of games like Wii Party, which still is in the top 20's of the Japanese retail chart, I won't put it past Nintendo.

I hope not though.

What I'm thinking, is different bundles. One with Nintendo Land, and one with NSMBU.

...Wait, then Nintendo Land will never sell. Hmm..

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

126. Posted:

I would pay for it, but if Nintendo wants this to be the Wii Sports of this generation (or Wii Play) then they should include it in. No different bundles, just the console and Nintendoland. That would increase their sales too seeing as everybody is pretty lukewarm about it. They don't want to do the same mistake with the 3DS.Then everyone will know what it's all about (the WiiU).

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

127. Posted:

I would think that they'd go with Nintendo Land as the pack in, as I'm sure it's a cheaper game than NSMBU. Either way, whichever game's not packed in with the game will still be available for download, so you'll be able to plug the Wii U in, get on the eshop and buy it as soon as you hook it up. So I'm not worried about which game is a pack in and which one's not. Nintendo is going to get my money either way.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

128. Posted:

I had totally forgotten about that... Should I download all my games... hmm... I do hate swapping disks...

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

129. Posted:

...Well, know that I think about it, since NintyLand (supposedly) shows off the Miiverse so well, that's another reason it should be a Pack-in.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

130. Posted:

I hope so. Not to be a cheapskate or anything but I want Nintendoland and still be able to buy a Wii U Pro controller (if I have enough). I hope 500 is enough for a WiiU and NSMBU.

Kachou on!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

131. Posted:

Some of me wishes New Super Mario Bros. U was bundled in, just for the sake of old times! But the best way to attract attention, to the Wii U, its controller, and the Nintendo franchises, is with Nintendo Land. It really is a clever idea. I just hate that it was met with such negativity. :|

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

132. Posted:

I do think it should be a pack-in game, and it's a brilliant move if it is. Even Brawl, despite mega hype and how beloved Melee was, sold only a small fraction compared to NSMBWii or Mario Kart Wii, and having a free game on the next Wii console, like what they did with Wii Sports, with Mario characters and also characters casual gamers often don't care about, it could actually be a brilliant way to get people into series like how people got into a series from Smash Bros. Granted, this is the entire "have casual gamers get more hardcore games" stuff that was supposedly a major point of the Wii before Nintendo completely missed that point, but even right now it has a good chance of being as brilliant an idea as Wii Sports from a business perspective.

I have no idea if this game will be great or dissappointly mediocre (doubt it will be awful or anything), so I'm not even commenting on the quality of the game, as much as I tend to prefer that instead.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

133. Posted:

This is somewhat off topic, but I was reading a (somewhat old) Smash Bros. Fanfiction yesterday and the author called the world "Nintendo Land". I'm thinking to myself, time paradox?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

134. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

This is somewhat off topic, but I was reading a (somewhat old) Smash Bros. Fanfiction yesterday and the author called the world "Nintendo Land". I'm thinking to myself, time paradox?

I remember when I was going to write a Smash Bros. fanfiction story back in 2008 in which a Nintendo theme park was the hub. The only difference was that it was named Nintendo World. However, I'm sure most Nintendo gamers with an imagination have dreamed of a Nintendo theme park.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

135. Posted:

NintyFan wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

[/div]

I remember when I was going to write a Smash Bros. fanfiction story back in 2008 in which a Nintendo theme park was the hub. The only difference was that it was named Nintendo World. However, I'm sure most Nintendo gamers with an imagination have dreamed of a Nintendo theme park.

Yeah, seriously. If Nintendo wanted to make some REAL money, they'd have an actual theme park built. I can see it now...

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

RainbowDash

136. Posted:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

Best game on Wii U.

I hope you're being sarcastic

3DS FC: 4253-3490-5944
Steam: [TTPN] Rainbow Dash
Currently Playing:
Pikmin 2 (Wii)
Punch-Out!! (3DS Virtual Console)
Anticipated games:
Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop)
Paper Mario Sticker Star (3DS)
Pikmin 3 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

137. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

So we all agree: NintendoLand sucks, and NIntendo should drop it, and get back to making a new F-Zero

Yes amen to this.

Or how about any other game that will be fun for more than three minutes.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

138. Posted:

I'm more excited for Nintendo Land now. Watched some gameplay for Zelda Battle Quest. Looks like some fun arcade-style gameplay (I hope you can do 1 player-only). And the music playing was an awesome remix of "The Dark World" (A Link to the Past fanboy SQUEE!!!)! :)

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

139. Posted:

Game looks fantastic. Still think it was presented horribly in the E3 presser, but the more I hear about the better it sounds.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

btetsola

140. Posted:

I wasn't sold on Nintendoland after E3 but I must admit the Metroid themed game looks fun and uses the Gamepad the way I had always hoped!!

Nintendo ID: btetsola1