Forums

Topic: Nintendo Wii U 2016 Games

Posts 1 to 20 of 75

PaperMario64

AFAIK there are only three games for Wii U comming in 2016. Zelda Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei meets Fire Emblem and Mario & Sonic Olympics. It's still a while from now, but the lineup looks pretty thin. Is it a sign the NX will launch early or will there be announced more games in the near future?

What do you guys think?

PaperMario64

RedDevilAde

NX launch IMO

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Grumblevolcano

NX launch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

I find it unlikely there'll be more games announced. As long as Zelda is awesome and massive, I don't care though. That and Xenoblade will likely cover a few months each.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

foodmetaphors

Hopefully they at least take the opportunity to fill out the VC a little more

everything's good and it'll be that way forever!

3DS Friend Code: 3625-9105-7282 | Nintendo Network ID: FXM-729 | Twitter:

LegatoSkyheart

Is Star Fox Zero still a "2015" title?

I could have sworn they delayed it to 2016.

LegatoSkyheart

Blast

We haven't had our inevitable early 2016 Direct. Wii U is gonna get a bunch of remasters in 2016. Trust me. Games from GameCube and N64 will be remade. Mario Sunshine HD is gonna happen.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

jariw

Dezzy wrote:

(Posted: 3:07pm Fri 21st Aug 2015) I find it unlikely there'll be more games announced.

Pahvi wrote:

(Posted: 3:38pm Fri 21st Aug 2015) "Near future" apparently meant mere hours, since Pokken Tournament was now confirmed for Wii U in 2016.

This became an entertaining thread very quickly.

jariw

PaperMario64

LegatoSkyheart wrote:

Is Star Fox Zero still a "2015" title?

I could have sworn they delayed it to 2016.

Star Fox Zero is comming Q4 2015.

I just read the amazing news Pokken Tounament is comming in the spring 2016. The lineup suddenly got a lot better!
But I think Nintendo needs to announce more to endure the whole year and keep the Wii U alive. That Pokken is comming to Wii U instead of the Nx might be a sign that they plan to keep supporting the console a little while longer. Hopefully that means more game announcments soon.

PaperMario64

SuperWiiU

With Zelda U, SMTxFE and Pokken Tournament 2016 is already looking pretty good. Nintendo will come with some good games to fill up the rest of the year too, even if NX has a 2016 release.

Octane

Project Giant Robot is still in development as well. I'm not sure if Project Guard was a 2015 or 2016 game, but I'm sure a future Direct will tell more.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000 wrote:

"things Nintendo should announce more of soon"

What is "main series Metroid games"?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Dezzy

jariw wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

(Posted: 3:07pm Fri 21st Aug 2015) I find it unlikely there'll be more games announced.

This became an entertaining thread very quickly.

You may call me the soothsayer.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ErrantEmbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Would've also accepted "new F-Zero", "new 3D Mario", "new Paper Mario", "Diddy Kong Racing 2", or "Mother 3 on Virtual Console".

ErrantEmbers

IceClimbers

krakensoup wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Would've also accepted "new F-Zero", "new 3D Mario", "new Paper Mario", "Diddy Kong Racing 2", or "Mother 3 on Virtual Console".

That last one at least has a chance of happening.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

octoman2611

I actually think Pokken Tournament is the final major thing that will be announced for WiiU unfortunately. The signs before, during and after E3 all point to an NX launch late next year, I think they can space out the four they have announced over the first few months of the year and then leave it to the Indies until NX launches.

octoman2611

UGXwolf

There are no signs. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. WE. DON'T. KNOW. I find it annoying that so few people can really come to grips with those three little words. We don't KNOW what Nintendo is doing next year. They're clearly focusing on this year, right now, which may bode poorly for them or may not really tell us anything at all. We're probably going to have a relatively short leash in terms of pre-announcement, especially after all the leak shenanigans regarding Smash 4, and since the Wii U is already years into its life cycle, Nintendo can advertise existing games, rather than stretching three years into the future in order to pull a Zelda from a hat. The simple fact of the matter is that we don't know what Nintendo's going to announce and any attempts to predict the announcements or even just to predict whether we'll get that many are completely futile. Remember: we don't even have any strong evidence the NX is a home console. It could be a handheld or something ENTIRELY different. Until Nintendo tips their hand, we're not gonna have any clue what they're planning.

Geez. It's just that the doomsayers are absolutely everywhere when the only thing we have evidence of is that Nintendo is once again playing their cards extremely close to their chest. Guys, this isn't news. Nintendo has always been pretty secretive. We'll know when they're ready for us to know, but until then, there's no reason to think 2016 is going to be any worse a year than 2015.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Not_Soos

Even after almost 3 years, my library of Wii U games still feels way too thin! The NX will probably come along and replace the Wii U before too long, but I'm just not ready to accept it. There are SO many games I've wanted on Wii U that sadly never came to be. Paper Mario, a Kirby 2D platformer, Metroid, a not-so-linear Mario 3D platformer, maybe some other miscellaneous titles like a new Wario Land... Oh well. Hopefully the NX won't suffer from a poor game library.

Not_Soos

Switch Friend Code: SW-0365-3043-2731 | 3DS Friend Code: 2836-0531-4472 | My Nintendo: Aaron | Nintendo Network ID: 3DGamr | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.