Wii U Forum

Topic: Nintendo trying to acquire Rare

Showing 21 to 40 of 163

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

21. Posted:

Reala wrote:

Untitled

Take TWO dollars!! :O

So am I gullible now? :)

Also, the "source" is a "tipster" for a Zelda site that may want hits. This is so fake :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

22. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

You do realize that Rare has been uber profitable under Microsoft and probably has made their two most creative game's Drona gameplay perspective in VP and N&B.

But stake rumored is fake because
1 ) The Rare IP is very vauble for Microsoft.
2) Rare is Microsoft's main kinect studio and is also heavily invested kn the avatar stuff on the OS side.
3)Rare helps other developers on a tech level similar to how Sony Santa Monica helps smaller studios.
4)Rare is currently hiring for multiple next gen xbox games.
5)Zelda informer is Zelda informer

Absolutely, because who else is gonna make all those awesome........uh...Kinect games?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

23. Posted:

False. There is no possible way this is true.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

24. Posted:

Well its rare to find a dev that wants to make a kinect game. :p

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheDreamingHawk

25. Posted:

Because Rare is a bad developer. Except for Banjo Kazoie, I haven't enjoyed much of their games they made by themselves.

Conker's pocket tales, on the other hand, was my first game, and it was really good, so I like them for that. But why did they have to ruin the franchise with Bad fur day? It ruined it for me, though I loved the humor in the game.

They are not terrible devs, but the games they make on their own aren't really that great, save for Banjo and the original Conker. Nintendo working with them was all that made them famous. Plus nowadays they make completely bare-bone sports games, unlike what they did back in the 90's.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

26. Posted:

As if anyone is gonna care about Nintendo with this definitely coming out for super cereal this time!!!

Untitled

Hell's yeah DC 2 with Shenmue 3 y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

27. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Well its rare to find a dev that wants to make a kinect game. :p

You have a funny definition of "wants to" :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

28. Posted:

Reala wrote:

As if anyone is gonna care about Nintendo with this definitely coming out for super cereal this time!!!

Untitled

Hell's yeah DC 2 with Shenmue 3 y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only :(

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

hailsanta

29. Posted:

its really too bad rare had no hand in donkey kong country returns. fun game, but it certainly was missing the real charm and magic of the originals that only rare could bring to the table

when the going gets tough, and the stomach acids flow.....

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

30. Posted:

And here we go with another Rare thread.

Honestly are you people that naive? First off even if Nintendo did buy out Rare it wouldnt be the all so great Rare that it was when they did game like the DKC series and GoldenEye. Everyone that worked there during that time is more than likely gone heck even the original founders are thats how MS got it in the first place. Honestly by Nintendo buying Rare now it would be no different than Nintendo buying say Konami or Actvision or THQ. You all think that just because Nintendo buys Rare now something magical is going to happen and they are going to make quality games like they did in the N64 era? They may or may not.

Honestly if you are that hard up to play good Rare games buy a freakin N64 and some Rare games. Nintendo buying Rare now wont change anything.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

31. Posted:

hailsanta wrote:

its really too bad rare had no hand in donkey kong country returns. fun game, but it certainly was missing the real charm and magic of the originals that only rare could bring to the table

Which is ironic considering Retro had hired some old Rare employees :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

32. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

5)Zelda informer is Zelda informer

Big one right there.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

33. Posted:

Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

34. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

And here we go with another Rare thread.

Honestly are you people that naive? First off even if Nintendo did buy out Rare it wouldnt be the all so great Rare that it was when they did game like the DKC series and GoldenEye. Everyone that worked there during that time is more than likely gone heck even the original founders are thats how MS got it in the first place. Honestly by Nintendo buying Rare now it would be no different than Nintendo buying say Konami or Actvision or THQ. You all think that just because Nintendo buys Rare now something magical is going to happen and they are going to make quality games like they did in the N64 era? They may or may not.

Honestly if you are that hard up to play good Rare games buy a freakin N64 and some Rare games. Nintendo buying Rare now wont change anything.

You people really love to cling to the old "EVERYONE'S GONE" thing, even though it's not true. Yes, people have left. I'm sure people have left many companies and they still continues to make good games. Modern Warfare 3 seemed to do pretty well, and a good chunk of people left that studio.
Rare doesn't have a bad staff. They have a bad owner. That's the problem. I'm sure Nintendo would rather have Rare work on Donkey Kong or Banjo-Kazooie instead of generic sports games.
Also, you seem to be forgetting all the franchises that Rare owns. That would help Nintendo tremendously, especially in their virtual classic library. And they'd also be able to bring new games out in those franchises with Nintendo's help, just like Nintendo used to help Rare back in the day. And if you think Nintendo's help didn't improve Rare's games much, take a look at their games before they became a second party to Nintendo. Nightmare on Elm St. for the NES, for example. The only really good game they had was battletoads, and like i said, i like wizards & warriors. Clearly when Rare was with Nintendo was when they were their best. And I would say the whole time they were with Nintendo Rare was putting out good games.
Nintendo buying Rare would change a lot. How do you honestly believe that it wouldn't change anything? That's ridiculous to say.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

35. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

And here we go with another Rare thread.

Honestly are you people that naive? First off even if Nintendo did buy out Rare it wouldnt be the all so great Rare that it was when they did game like the DKC series and GoldenEye. Everyone that worked there during that time is more than likely gone heck even the original founders are thats how MS got it in the first place. Honestly by Nintendo buying Rare now it would be no different than Nintendo buying say Konami or Actvision or THQ. You all think that just because Nintendo buys Rare now something magical is going to happen and they are going to make quality games like they did in the N64 era? They may or may not.

Honestly if you are that hard up to play good Rare games buy a freakin N64 and some Rare games. Nintendo buying Rare now wont change anything.

[/div]

You people really love to cling to the old "EVERYONE'S GONE" thing, even though it's not true. Yes, people have left. I'm sure people have left many companies and they still continues to make good games. Modern Warfare 3 seemed to do pretty well, and a good chunk of people left that studio.
Rare doesn't have a bad staff. They have a bad owner. That's the problem. I'm sure Nintendo would rather have Rare work on Donkey Kong or Banjo-Kazooie instead of generic sports games.
Also, you seem to be forgetting all the franchises that Rare owns. That would help Nintendo tremendously, especially in their virtual classic library. And they'd also be able to bring new games out in those franchises with Nintendo's help, just like Nintendo used to help Rare back in the day. And if you think Nintendo's help didn't improve Rare's games much, take a look at their games before they became a second party to Nintendo. Nightmare on Elm St. for the NES, for example. The only really good game they had was battletoads, and like i said, i like wizards & warriors. Clearly when Rare was with Nintendo was when they were their best. And I would say the whole time they were with Nintendo Rare was putting out good games.
Nintendo buying Rare would change a lot. How do you honestly believe that it wouldn't change anything? That's ridiculous to say.

They're basing these accusations on the fact that both owners and the creative staff all left. It would certainly be naive to expect the same quality as in the past. However, we'll never know because Microsoft will never let them go.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SavageBlackWolf

36. Posted:

To read some of these comments, you;d think people on here (James excluded) worked for these companys. Until anyone knows for sure, why not let people dream? It may be a rumor, but until either company cofirms or denys it, there may be a little bit of hope.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1642-3519 Wiiu GramolkinOwl

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

37. Posted:

SavageBlackWolf wrote:

To read some of these comments, you;d think people on here (James excluded) worked for these companys. Until anyone knows for sure, why not let people dream? It may be a rumor, but until either company cofirms or denys it, there may be a little bit of hope.

Yes, let's hope on a rumor that was tipped to an unreliable website! That's some desperate hope :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DaveGX

38. Posted:

Meh.....of all of Rare's franchises, the only 1 of em I'd love to see return with another sequel perhaps if only Rare would come to their senses would be Killer Instinct (Shame on all of you who forgot 1!), considering the fact that Microsoft themselves shot down the demo they had presented. What kinda what idiotic business move is that?! Although supposedly Nintendo holds its licnese or however that works, so it'd only make sense. Besides, people are constanly complaining over in XBox forums that Microsoft is shoving Kinect down their throats with all dashboard features, the apps, etc and they simply don't want it. They feel that Microsoft is ignoring them and is alienating them. What kinda $ is there to be made with that in mind?

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

39. Posted:

DaveGX wrote:

Meh.....of all of Rare's franchises, the only 1 of em I'd love to see return with another sequel perhaps if only Rare would come to their senses would be Killer Instinct (Shame on all of you who forgot 1!), considering the fact that Microsoft themselves shot down the demo they had presented. What kinda what idiotic business move is that?!

Have you considered the possibility that the demo sucked?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

40. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

And here we go with another Rare thread.

Honestly are you people that naive? First off even if Nintendo did buy out Rare it wouldnt be the all so great Rare that it was when they did game like the DKC series and GoldenEye. Everyone that worked there during that time is more than likely gone heck even the original founders are thats how MS got it in the first place. Honestly by Nintendo buying Rare now it would be no different than Nintendo buying say Konami or Actvision or THQ. You all think that just because Nintendo buys Rare now something magical is going to happen and they are going to make quality games like they did in the N64 era? They may or may not.

Honestly if you are that hard up to play good Rare games buy a freakin N64 and some Rare games. Nintendo buying Rare now wont change anything.

[/div]

You people really love to cling to the old "EVERYONE'S GONE" thing, even though it's not true. Yes, people have left. I'm sure people have left many companies and they still continues to make good games. Modern Warfare 3 seemed to do pretty well, and a good chunk of people left that studio.
Rare doesn't have a bad staff. They have a bad owner. That's the problem. I'm sure Nintendo would rather have Rare work on Donkey Kong or Banjo-Kazooie instead of generic sports games.
Also, you seem to be forgetting all the franchises that Rare owns. That would help Nintendo tremendously, especially in their virtual classic library. And they'd also be able to bring new games out in those franchises with Nintendo's help, just like Nintendo used to help Rare back in the day. And if you think Nintendo's help didn't improve Rare's games much, take a look at their games before they became a second party to Nintendo. Nightmare on Elm St. for the NES, for example. The only really good game they had was battletoads, and like i said, i like wizards & warriors. Clearly when Rare was with Nintendo was when they were their best. And I would say the whole time they were with Nintendo Rare was putting out good games.
Nintendo buying Rare would change a lot. How do you honestly believe that it wouldn't change anything? That's ridiculous to say.

Wow clearly you did not read my post. No where did I say that they wont be as good what I was saying that its naive to think that they will be as good as the N64 era. They may or may not be. But to assume that they will be great again cause Nintendo buys them out is just as crazy as assuming that they will be bad if they are bought out. Its a gamble at that and buying Rare at this point is about the same as if they bought some other game company. Who's to say that if Nintendo bought out Activison they wont make great games? Assuming that just cause they by out Rare means they will make great games is kinda of a goofy assumption. But as someone has already said we will never know cause Microsoft wont let them go.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311