Forums

Topic: Nintendo to review Miiverse posts

Posts 21 to 34 of 34

Adam

skywake wrote:

Easiest way to reduce the number of spoilers is to only show messages from people who have progressed through the game as much as you have. Have some light moderation to reduce the amount of them, have a 'flag for review' system and there is no need to put all of the content from non-friends live instantly. Problem solved.

This is a clever idea. I'm just hoping you can set it to Friends-Only. If my friends spoil it, I can at least give them a hard time about it after. That would be enough for my personal satisfaction. Then I can switch it to Everyone when I'm done the game, if I ever cared about spoilers to begin with (I wouldn't care if someone spoiled a Mario game, but I would like to be surprised for an RPG).

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

kkslider5552000

Mickeymac wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'd make a reddit joke, but I'm not clever enough.

[/div]

Where do you think I go those ideas from.

the internet in general, but it's good to know someone finally got a reddit joke I made.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Wheels2050

I'm just going to leave this here:

Iwata says EVERY POST WILL BE REVIEWED BY A HUMAN!

While I admire their commitment to filtering out content they feel is unacceptable, I think if they can implement a system that efficiently reviews every single post ever made by anyone on MiiVerse, it'll go down in history as one of mankind's greatest achievements.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

skywake

I'm pretty sure they won't put messages from your friends through this process. I can already send messages, drawings, photos and even sound clips on the 3DS and Wii so there's a precedent for them not filtering private content. On the Wii U it goes further and I can have a video chat with people on my friends list so there's literally no stopping people on my friend list saying whatever they want.

Problem comes when it's public and you don't want the spoilers and such. With the public stuffs they could have a week long delay and maybe even have some of the messages never go "public" for all I care because it won't make any difference at all to the experience.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Wheels2050

Sure, I can imagine friends list stuff being instant. But what about the instant messaging they showed on Sunday night? They were demonstrating someone getting hints from a stranger, which Nintendo would presumably want to filter. If Nintendo were to be reviewing every message, what we were shown (the guy asking for help with the zombie and getting it straight away) would not be feasible.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

skywake

I didn't think the two people he communicated with were strangers when I watched it. One had his phone number and the other mocked his relationship with non-specific action figure.......

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

Wheels2050 wrote:

I'm just going to leave this here:

Iwata says EVERY POST WILL BE REVIEWED BY A HUMAN!

While I admire their commitment to filtering out content they feel is unacceptable, I think if they can implement a system that efficiently reviews every single post ever made by anyone on MiiVerse, it'll go down in history as one of mankind's greatest achievements.

this is the most insanely ambitous thing in the world. Take that youtube!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

komicturtle

If Nintendo needs help moderating posts, I'll GLADLY take a position. It's hard to find a good job. Why not one being nosy and reading posts? :3

Don't share naughty things kids

komicturtle

theblackdragon

if every post has to be reviewed by a human, they either mean (a) someone will be glancing at everything (thus fulfilling their word) but likely not really paying enough attention to care, or (b) your posts will show up a week after you originally posted them because that's how far out their backlog of posts to review and approve are. good luck to them, but i think i'll stick with asking Dr. Internet if i need help or using other means to get in touch with my friends :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

KaiserGX

Sometimes I don't wanna go get the laptop, or if my sister is using it at the time. It's convenient to be able to do something on one device.

No one here on Nintendo Life knows (because we have top notch moderators working hard on the clock)! But... in places were there is little, poor or no moderation... it's a clutter of chaos anarchy and madness.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Koos

They won't do that (review everything by person). I know it is implied that they will, but whether that was lost in translation (?), misunderstood, hypothesized, it won't be like that. Messaging for the most part will be immediate, and will have just technical filters , I'm sure.

Koos

DudeSean

I don't know why they didn't just make it so that you'd just see messages from your friends. I think people care more about that. It would be like reading comments for youtube videos, except, apparently, without the swearing, racism, etc. But mostly non-intelligible strings of words. And if they didn't make it worldwide public, they wouldn't have to hire a staff to review every comment made on the Wii U around the world. What an ambitious task.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.