Forums

Topic: Nintendo spends $100 million on mystery acquisition!

Posts 21 to 40 of 62

RickyWill

They spent it to finish up their giant solid-gold statue of Reggie.

RickyWill

cookiex

Fireninjastar wrote:

They spent it to finish up their giant solid-gold statue of Reggie.

With laser eyes to obliterate any intruders.

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

mipaol

Ryno wrote:

Nintendo buying back Rare confirmed. Rejoice everyone, N64 collect-a-thons are coming back!

I'll believe it when I see a new edition of Killer Instinct on the Wii U.

Untitled

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Falkor

^ Lol at Killer Instinct being rated "E".

I'll play along and speculate that the acquisition is a holographic tech company for the 'non-wearable' technology. Remember the "leap frog" strategy discussed at the investor's meeting? Leap over the competition. Thus, skip over VR headsets and do holograms that can be manipulated in real time and space.

Of course, $100 million isn't nearly enough to acquire tech like this...but it's fun to think about.

When I sit close to the stage, sometimes I get sweat or spit on me from the Runaway Five.

Nintendo Network ID: nickdakota

Tobiaku

Wonder what mysterous aqustion is
Maybe somthing for the quality life thing?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Emblem

Falkor wrote:

I'll play along and speculate that the acquisition is a holographic tech company for the 'non-wearable' technology. Remember the "leap frog" strategy discussed at the investor's meeting? Leap over the competition. Thus, skip over VR headsets and do holograms that can be manipulated in real time and space.

Of course, $100 million isn't nearly enough to acquire tech like this...but it's fun to think about.

I'm really interested in AR and holo tech so this would be cool, $100 million is quite low though. Not sure if you've seen the show Almost Human, but some of the AR/holo tech they have in that show is not too far off apparently but its far from cost effective.

Emblem

sinalefa

Falkor wrote:

Lol at new Killer Instinct being made by Rare.

Anyway, dying to hear more about this, probably at E3. Maybe they are building a factory for those NFC figurines?

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

luisesteban

Tobias95 wrote:

You heard about a new console for china and emerging economies? So.

Untitled

Edited on by luisesteban

luisesteban

Tobiaku

Yeah I heard about the new Chinese console. I realy dont think they would make that thing with Sony and Namco (?) and im very sure they would nor make it PAL

Tobiaku

Tobiaku

Your not fooling me that easily, im not such a doofus

Tobiaku

GuSolarFlare

luisesteban wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

Untitled

lol Polystation!!!!!
is it bad that I actually know what it is?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

unrandomsam

I read about this then also thought that it might have been that mobile company that we already heard about. (That was this last financial year and it is not mentioned anywhere else). So I thought there was no mystery.

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

luisesteban

Polystations used to have like 2000 embeded games...but 1987 of then are Mario 1 or Duck hunt, the rest...well doesnt work.

luisesteban

Hy8ogen

luisesteban wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

Untitled

I actually own one of these when I was a kid. It's basically an extremely badly made SNES+NES hybrid.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

MrGawain

They're buying the factory that makes the Xbox One's and PS4's 'share' technology and aren't letting anyone else play with it.

Oh, the irony.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

UGXwolf

Realistically, they may have bought a struggling dev, a mid-tier dev, or a prospering indie dev. Rareware (awesome as that would be) wouldn't be bought off Microsoft so easily. They may not "need" Rare, but they sure as hell wouldn't let Nintendo have them back, at this point. Not without a good few billion dollars behind the deal.

I really don't know how much most companies are worth, but hey! Hopefully, we'll see their next project at E3! =D Or maybe it's something not gaming-related. X3 There's really no telling, aside from the price, and even that seems like a null tell, when placed next to all the companies it could have bought.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

ZyroXZ2

Since the tech acquisition is non-games related, it's either related to the manufacturing of the NFC figurines, including the core programming software that will drive the multi-game tech, or it's for the Quality of Life platform. The tech in both of those is not gaming related, so it's most likely one of those!

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

www.youtube.com/ZyroXZ2

^^/

Nintendo Network ID: ZyroXZ2 | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

....But I want the cake machine. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.