Forums

Topic: Nintendo should do with its virtual console library what Netflix does with movies

Posts 41 to 43 of 43

Tasuki

theblackdragon wrote:

If it did like Netflix Instant does, you'd still never have the games you really want to play, so it'd be pointless for me personally. Also, iirc Netflix does give you the option to keep the DVD you've rented (if you have the DVD sent to your home, you just keep it and they charge your credit card their price for it), so I don't see how it'd be unfeasible to allow you to purchase the game you're playing for good if you prefer a one-time fee instead..

No Netflix doesnt let you keep the movie. I mean I guess you could keep it but I dont know if they would charge you the standard DVD price to replace it or a jacked up price. Besides even if you did keep the movie and they charged you the standard price all you would have is the movie disc and the paper sleeve envelope, hardly worth the same prices as buying the DVD at say Wal-mart and getting the extras disc and an actual case.

Now GameFly on the other hand has an option for you to keep certain games that you rent and if you do than they send you the game box and instruction booklet after charging your credit card.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RetroGBHippie92

I think Nintendo shouldn't become like Netflix, I for one probably couldn't beat a game within 3 days or whatever, just because I tend to take my time and I'm usually doing other things in between or playing multiple games (for more what im talking about check my backloggery).
Besides, even streaming services like Netflix or Onlive couldn't work in most countries anyway, we here in NZ suffer from the lack of high speed data, which our government is doing it's best at the moment to establish (but instead focus their time and money on building roads and not the infrastructure). My point is their just isn't enough people to justify these kinds of services, even a service that Nintendo potentially could provide, like renting out unlimited games on a monthly plan probably wouldn't be profitable enough.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

teeborg

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

I think Nintendo shouldn't become like Netflix, I for one probably couldn't beat a game within 3 days or whatever, just because I tend to take my time and I'm usually doing other things in between or playing multiple games (for more what im talking about check my backloggery).
Besides, even streaming services like Netflix or Onlive couldn't work in most countries anyway, we here in NZ suffer from the lack of high speed data, which our government is doing it's best at the moment to establish (but instead focus their time and money on building roads and not the infrastructure). My point is their just isn't enough people to justify these kinds of services, even a service that Nintendo potentially could provide, like renting out unlimited games on a monthly plan probably wouldn't be profitable enough.

You wouldn't stream it, you would download each title & the system would delete the game after x number of days.

teeborg

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.