Wii U Forum

Topic: "Nintendo Network" coming to Wii U and 3DS

Showing 41 to 60 of 96

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

41. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I liked the Wii Shop Channel layout. If you complain about not being able to find a certain game, or how it's such a "mess", you should probably toggle with the language settings or figure out how to read.

I love the Wii Shop Channel too. I was complaining about not being able to find stuff in the PSN Store, which is a huge, cluttered mess.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

42. Posted:

How is PSN cluttered? It's as cluttered as Apple's Appstore and XBLA. Plus, there is a search bar for a reason. And new releases are highlighted on the front page. I honestly don't understand people these days.

And having low standards? More like I don't give a crap about luxuries and extra junk that isn't necessary to run at least a decent store. Wii Shop Channel works. Why does it have to be a carbon copy of anything? I don't have any problems navigating PSN, eShop, XBLA, AppStore, Wii Shop and Steam. They are all the same :/

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

43. Posted:

then im guessing some xbox fan boy will hack that and then it will take for ever to fix again,believe me i know!

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

wpl2154

44. Posted:

I just hope we get user accounts on the 3DS as well...

Edited on by wpl2154

wpl2154

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

45. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Knux wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I would have thought Nintendo would have come up with something more orginal sounding than something so similar to the Playstation Network.

The more similar it is to the Xbox Live, the better.

Fixed. PSN is terrible, and the PlayStation Store is a complete mess (cluttered and unorganized).

Have you ever managed to be right, ever?

It's fine if you prefer the Xbox 360 layout (lol, though. Just... lol), but PSN... terrible? Would you like to compare how long I spend on PSN, XBLA and WiiWare to see which one this full-time gamer prefers? Even taking into account personal preferences and so on, calling PSN "terrible" is just embarrasingly inaccurate.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

46. Posted:

I prefer XBL and its metro layout but from what i used of pan it doesn't seem cluttered. I hear the European one sucks but I'll never know. my biggest problem with PSN is Sony doesn't do a mandatory demo like mircosoft does.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

47. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Knux wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I would have thought Nintendo would have come up with something more orginal sounding than something so similar to the Playstation Network.

The more similar it is to the Xbox Live, the better.

Fixed. PSN is terrible, and the PlayStation Store is a complete mess (cluttered and unorganized).

Have you ever managed to be right, ever?

It's fine if you prefer the Xbox 360 layout (lol, though. Just... lol), but PSN... terrible? Would you like to compare how long I spend on PSN, XBLA and WiiWare to see which one this full-time gamer prefers? Even taking into account personal preferences and so on, calling PSN "terrible" is just embarrasingly inaccurate.

You can't take a personal opinion? Did I do something so utterly terrible to tick you off? Seriously dude, what's your problem with me? I state an opinion and you immediately take offense to it. If I think the PlayStation Store is poorly organized, then so be it.

I've been on PSN plenty of times, and compared to the Wii Shop, it's very difficult to find stuff. When I search for a game using the "Search" bar, I have to go through a huge list just to find the one thing I want. And you can't filter the results by publisher, alphabetical order, release date, etc. Sony publicizes new games on the front page, but finding older titles is a chore.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

48. Posted:

Um, you can filter games in alphabetical order on the PSN. At least, last I checked. I'll admit I don't have to go into those menus so often, since I check back on the PSN weekly, and when I do feel like windowshopping, I just use the genre categories, but I do remember searching by alphabet on my PSP not so long ago.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

49. Posted:

What's a mandatory demo? o_O

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

50. Posted:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

What's a mandatory demo? o_O

all XBLA games must have a demo for the player to try before being put on the store. pan half asses it with only certain games having demos and nintenddo still doesn't freaking get it. another reason why nintendo network doesn't have me excited.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

51. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Knux wrote:

Ryno wrote:

I would have thought Nintendo would have come up with something more orginal sounding than something so similar to the Playstation Network.

The more similar it is to the Xbox Live, the better.

Fixed. PSN is terrible, and the PlayStation Store is a complete mess (cluttered and unorganized).

The Playstation store is completely fine with me. Much better than the eshop. I have to use nintendolife's game section to find games on the eshop. :/

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

52. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Um, you can filter games in alphabetical order on the PSN. At least, last I checked. I'll admit I don't have to go into those menus so often, since I check back on the PSN weekly, and when I do feel like windowshopping, I just use the genre categories, but I do remember searching by alphabet on my PSP not so long ago.

You can't filter search results though. Every time I search for a specific game, I get a bunch of useless add-on crap that's all jumbled together, with the actual game somewhere in the middle of it all. It would be so much easier if Sony had sub-categories for search results.

On the Wii Shop and eShop, you can filter search results by publisher, game system, alphabetical order, etc. It makes finding things much easier, IMO.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

53. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Um, you can filter games in alphabetical order on the PSN. At least, last I checked. I'll admit I don't have to go into those menus so often, since I check back on the PSN weekly, and when I do feel like windowshopping, I just use the genre categories, but I do remember searching by alphabet on my PSP not so long ago.

You can't filter search results though. Every time I search for a specific game, I get a bunch of useless add-on crap that's all jumbled together, with the actual game somewhere in the middle of it all. It would be so much easier if Sony had sub-categories for search results.

On the Wii Shop and eShop, you can filter search results by publisher, game system, alphabetical order, etc. It makes finding things much easier, IMO.

The Wii Shop doesn't have add-ons, themes, demos, soundtracks. Would you rather have a store which gives you a large selection of goods, or a store with a few hundred games.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

54. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Um, you can filter games in alphabetical order on the PSN. At least, last I checked. I'll admit I don't have to go into those menus so often, since I check back on the PSN weekly, and when I do feel like windowshopping, I just use the genre categories, but I do remember searching by alphabet on my PSP not so long ago.

You can't filter search results though. Every time I search for a specific game, I get a bunch of useless add-on crap that's all jumbled together, with the actual game somewhere in the middle of it all. It would be so much easier if Sony had sub-categories for search results.

On the Wii Shop and eShop, you can filter search results by publisher, game system, alphabetical order, etc. It makes finding things much easier, IMO.

WiiWare has a millionth of the amount of content that PSN has. I can guarantee if WiiWare had the same amount of content, it would be crap to search through.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

55. Posted:

"Yes, holy effing crap, Nintendo Network's coming to Wii U and 3DS! Yes yeah yea blarg blargh."

From this unorthodox level of exitement, I just have to ask. Did you all really think that Nintendo wouldn't get something to rival PSN and XBL with all this happening? Yes, they were late to the game, but they obviously didn't want to just upgrade the Wii with this so they could introduce it on to something new, and make it even fresher and bigger. I don't know if I'm the only one getting this.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

56. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

"Yes, holy effing crap, Nintendo Network's coming to Wii U and 3DS! Yes yeah yea blarg blargh."

From this unorthodox level of exitement, I just have to ask. Did you all really think that Nintendo wouldn't get something to rival PSN and XBL with all this happening? Yes, they were late to the game, but they obviously didn't want to just upgrade the Wii with this so they could introduce it on to something new, and make it even fresher and bigger. I don't know if I'm the only one getting this.

Are you saying you doubt Nintendo can catch up to Xbox Live or PSN? Or are you optimistic?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

57. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

"Yes, holy effing crap, Nintendo Network's coming to Wii U and 3DS! Yes yeah yea blarg blargh."

From this unorthodox level of exitement, I just have to ask. Did you all really think that Nintendo wouldn't get something to rival PSN and XBL with all this happening? Yes, they were late to the game, but they obviously didn't want to just upgrade the Wii with this so they could introduce it on to something new, and make it even fresher and bigger. I don't know if I'm the only one getting this.

I think people are surprised because frankly what this Nintendo Network promises is so far above and beyond everything Nintendo has done in the past, or even promised to do in the past, that it put us all in a state of shock.

And then the elation started.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FOREST_RANGER

58. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

"Yes, holy effing crap, Nintendo Network's coming to Wii U and 3DS! Yes yeah yea blarg blargh."

From this unorthodox level of exitement, I just have to ask. Did you all really think that Nintendo wouldn't get something to rival PSN and XBL with all this happening? Yes, they were late to the game, but they obviously didn't want to just upgrade the Wii with this so they could introduce it on to something new, and make it even fresher and bigger. I don't know if I'm the only one getting this.

This is kinda the same thing I was thinking (except that I'm surprised too). With the Wii under-powered, it seems pretty risky for Nintendo to catch up with Xbox LIVE and PSN with the Wii. They didn't get a lot of third party support; Nintendo Wi-Fi isn't good enough for them to provide a better infrastructure; rather than re-start online from scratch with the Wii, WiiU is better for this because it's more powerful.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Awesome graphing calculator

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

59. Posted:

It's already on the 3DS ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

60. Posted:

sorry but that **** makes no no sense and just further excuses how much people let nintendo get away with. xbox live from the original xbox was better than the wii's online system so that is no excuse at all.

and anyone expecting the wii u to be as good as xbox live or PSN should go look at the 3ds which is a step in the right direction but still miserable as hell.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70