Forums

Topic: Nintendo Needs A Come-Back -- Not Just Smash Bros. But Something Big.

Posts 121 to 124 of 124

Captain_Toad

I just want them to do better at advertising. Smash bros and amiibo outta ring in the christmas season. You just can't top smash bros this time. They need something at least of equal hype to ring in the masses like smash bros is doing. What EXACTLY could you bring in to table Not a new console cause that'll bring them in a worse position as they are now unlike the 3ds which has gotten its stride, and not bring in third parties because it's next to dead even if WiiU is in the green.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

CaviarMeths

Cia wrote:

Nintendo is making profit at the moment, and we're getting AAA exclusives pretty much every month. I'm not sure why they'd need to change anything, since the situation is good already.

Nintendo is making a profit because they wrote off the manufacturing cost of Wii Us last quarter. All of the extra Wii Us sitting in warehouses that weren't shipped or were shipped back are all 100% paid for. This means that every Wii U currently sold is sold at 100% profit. That's why Nintendo has bounced back this quarter. There is still much work to be done to maintain steady profits.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

SpookyMeths wrote:

Cia wrote:

Nintendo is making profit at the moment, and we're getting AAA exclusives pretty much every month. I'm not sure why they'd need to change anything, since the situation is good already.

Nintendo is making a profit because they wrote off the manufacturing cost of Wii Us last quarter. All of the extra Wii Us sitting in warehouses that weren't shipped or were shipped back are all 100% paid for. This means that every Wii U currently sold is sold at 100% profit. That's why Nintendo has bounced back this quarter. There is still much work to be done to maintain steady profits.

Nintendo makes money on each Wii U sold so the trick is to make just enough consoles for your demand. When they set their expectations to high they run into trouble. Now that They can more accurately judge their market (since the product has been in the market and they aren't using wild speculation for their decisions anymore) I think we will see a Nintendo that more accurately engages the market and makes money. So while they may have been sitting on systems and finially made their money back on them I don't think that means Nintendo's sales are going to be fluctuating much.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rallydefault

Snarky gifs and "but, but, but" statements aside, Nintendo is making a profit, and the sweet, sweet holiday season if nearly upon us! Stop nit picking to scrounge up minutia to debate and be happy that your hobby is doing well.

As for the title of this thread, I think the something BIG will be the release of the new Zelda game in a year or two. Ocarina of Time changed the face of gaming - it's time to do that again, Nintendo.

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.