Forums

Topic: Nintendo Movement by Shokio, what do you think?

Posts 181 to 200 of 214

LzWinky

I suppose cross buying is reasonable, however my point is that this movement may be a wild goose chase. Operation Rainfall was successful because that was Nintendo of America. Earthbound succeeded because that was Nintendo of America. Most of these demands do not apply to NoA (as far as I'm aware), so these demands may not lead to anything.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DudeSean

Cross buying means that if you buy it on Wii U you should be able to get it on 3DS for free, right? I mean, sure, that would be great, but I'm not even asking for that. Just a discount like from Wii to Wii U would be good enough for me.

I certainly don't expect anything to happen as a result of this "movement". I just think that it's perfectly reasonable for fans to let Nintendo know what they want and for Nintendo to listen. Not to just do whatever the fans say, but at the very least, listen.

I'm pretty sure according to Nintendo, "Operation Rainfall" had nothing to do with those games getting localized. I don't know if that's true or not, but they don't seem to want us to think that it did.

I thought it was Iwata who made the decision to release Earthbound in the west? As far as I know, NoA doesn't have any say in what games get released in America, whether it's retail or VC. NCL makes those decisions. Especially now that Iwata is CEO of NoA.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

shingi_70

Cross-buy/Cross Save can only help Nintendo to be honest. As someone with only a 3DS but a ton of VC games id have more incentive to buy a Wii U if my purchases synced over to the Wii U.

Take a look at Sony they've been padding out the PS4 libabry with ports of older games, but keeping good will by having them cross save.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Rezalack

Nintendo should implement the option of cross-buy. Let's say the game is actually on both systems, well, when you go to purchase it, it asks if you want cross-buy and charges an extra dollar or two. I don't know. I just don't see them giving it out for free on another system.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Ryno

Spuratis wrote:

Nintendo should implement the option of cross-buy. Let's say the game is actually on both systems, well, when you go to purchase it, it asks if you want cross-buy and charges an extra dollar or two. I don't know. I just don't see them giving it out for free on another system.

I think charging a dollar or two is more than reasonable to play a game on another system.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

faint

Ryno wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

I think charging a dollar or two is more than reasonable to play a game on another system.

i agree

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

NinChocolate

Cross-buy is likely to come in some form or another when they initiate the loyalty program Iwata talked about where theres a discount for buying certain amounts. So likely we'll have to suspend the discussion until that is laid out.

NinChocolate

shingi_70

Ryno wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

Its reasonable until you realize all your compettiers save for Microsoft do it for free.

It reminds me of iOS in the first couple of years of the iPad. Mist aop makers would have two versions of the game that did the same thing but one being optimized for iPads. That quickly went out the window when they realized people were just buying the iPhone version for cheaper and 2Xing it on the iPad screen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

skywake

A large discount would be great but I'm not sure how much it would change the way I purchase NES games. The main reason I've been upgrading the Wii VC titles for that fee is because WiiMode is a pain. I'm not sure if I would actually bother to pay a fee to move the NES titles I have on Wii U to 3DS or visa versa.

However cross-platform discounts is definitely something I would be behind. I'd also be behind this move if the 3DS VC expanded into SNES games or if it also expanded to cover more stuffs. For example Mighty Switch Force, which come to think of it is another game I have on both, I wasn't really that interested in. Then they had that indie-discount deal. That's when I got it.

I just think that the way the Wii U eShop recognises Wii VC purchases and other Wii U eShop purchases is a big deal. When you get a discount on something when you've already brought the similar thing due to an ongoing deal or sale. That probably accounts for a fair chunk of the stuff I buy on the Wii U eShop. If they expanded that to cover both and have both recognise the purchases then that would be a whole new level of deals.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

CazTheGamerGuy

Ryno wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

You're right, Sony charges all the time for their cross-buy tit-oh...

Same thing goes for the Wii/U transfers charging a dollar to use "the enhanced Wii U features", it's ridiculous they're charging people for the same game to be used on their new system.

Edited on by CazTheGamerGuy

DefHalan

CazTheGamerGuy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

Same thing goes for the Wii/U transfers charging a dollar to use "the enhanced Wii U features", it's ridiculous they're charging people for the same game to be used on their new system.

I know Playstation 4 lets me play all my Playstation 3 games without payin... oh wait. The upgrade charge from Wii to Wii U is well worth it and is there do to the extra work Nintendo has put into these new VC game releases. Having a small charge for cross-buy makes more sense than giving away their work. If Nintendo decides to start giving away their hard work that is their choice but we should not be demanding them to give it away.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

CazTheGamerGuy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

It's ridiculous that everyone finds the smallest things to complain about then blow them way out of proportion

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CazTheGamerGuy

DefHalan wrote:

CazTheGamerGuy wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Spuratis wrote:

I know Playstation 4 lets me play all my Playstation 3 games without payin... oh wait.

That example doesn't work whatsoever because the PlayStation 4 is, as of now, unable to play any PlayStation 3 games due to architecture differences, not emulation and ROMs, like the Wii U/Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console. A better comparison would be PlayStation 1/X titles, games which are actually shared between three different systems, or PlayStation Portable titles, which are shared between two. Unfortunately, those are shared between any systems with the compatibility between the purchased digital title.

DefHalan wrote:

If Nintendo decides to start giving away their hard work that is their choice but we should not be demanding them to give it away.

The same hard work that has the Virtual Console in such a stale state compared the Wii, i'd imagine, no? Emulation is not a difficult task for a hardware company, let alone one who were able to do so on less capable hardware with a far grander library of titles and systems to recreate. It's a matter of putting a ROM up for sale, as evident by the many individuals who were able to put ROMs of titles onto their 3DS' and emulate them seamlessly:

In short, it's not effort. None whatsoever.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It's ridiculous that everyone finds the smallest things to complain about then blow them way out of proportion

Paying for something that would normally be free on other systems is not a small dilemma.

This in a nutshell.

Edited on by CazTheGamerGuy

Chrono_Cross

Paying for something that would normally be free on other systems is not a small dilemma.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

Sorry that I'm a student that is going to Uni in the Autumn and hasn't got unlimited funds so likes to get the most bang for my buck.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shaneoh

CazTheGamerGuy wrote:

In short, it's not effort. None whatsoever.

Right! They just need to inject the ROMs into the emulator and just release them as fast as possible. No point in in-depth testing them to make sure they work properly, it's not needed. Quality control? More like quantity control.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

DefHalan

I think a lot of people are confused about what others are saying.

I don't think anyone is against Cross-Buying. Sure more bang for your buck is always great.

What I am saying, and I think others but don't want to speak for them, is that we aren't owed Cross-Buying. Nintendo doesn't owe us this just like they didn't owe early adopters of the 3DS free games, they chose to give them games.

If Nintendo wants to give us a Cross-Buying option then that is their decision and I don't think anyone will disagree. We shouldn't be demanding it from them as there are many factors that we are not aware of. Just because others do it doesn't make it good for everyone.

Edited on by DefHalan

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

because others do it does make it good for everyone.

Good that you've come to our side.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

shingi_70

@DefHalan

I don't think anyone is against Cross-Buying. Sure more bang for your buck is always great.

Agreed

What I am saying, and I think others but don't want to speak for them, is that we aren't owed Cross-Buying. Nintendo doesn't owe us this just like they didn't owe early adopters of the 3DS free games, they chose to give them games.

Of course they don't owe us them, but when they're most direct competitor does it than it reflects badly upon Nintendo.

If Nintendo wants to give us a Cross-Buying option then that is their decision and I don't think anyone will disagree. We shouldn't be demanding it from them as there are many factors that we are not aware of. Just because others do it does make it good for everyone.

While ultimately its up to nintendo they need to hear fan input. We as fans should demand the best services and bang for our buck as possible. By your logic we should have bent over to the Xbox One DRM.

WAT!

DefHalan

shingi_70 wrote:

By your logic we should have bent over to the Xbox One DRM.

I know this isn't popular opinion, and I don't think the DRM was a good idea, BUT there were somethings that developers could take advantage do to the DRM that they cannot guarantee now and some nice things for consumers.

Edited on by DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.